• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,016

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

So it's okay for you to want the likes of Xhaka (who has peformed far better Bellerin these past 3 seasons) but not for me to want our weakest link in the first 11 not to play?

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Seriously, go back to bed.

Yet some people cant debate seriously? Like it or not over a dozen posters in 2 pages mentioned Xhaka in our top 5 players of the season thread and was one of most mentioned players in the thread.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yet some people cant debate seriously? Like it or not over a dozen posters in 2 pages mentioned Xhaka in our top 5 players of the season thread and was one of most mentioned players in the thread.
He's had good games, but when he's bad, he's a lazy liability. Mistakes like the one away at Cardiff is what he done throughout the season. A midfielder constantly getting booked is not a good sign.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Same guy. After making a killing with the TV show he’s now taking his talents to the social media influencer world. It’s a cutthroat business but I think it’ll fit him like a glove.

He used to slice through opposing defenses too. Made some great cuts.

He used to be great at cutting through the queues at the airport too.

Can you imagine anyone running through the airport like that today? :lol:

akhil

Is this Matt Targett any good?

This is a slow summer. We seemed a lot more active during a World cup year last summer. We're probably a lot more dependent on sales than before to buy I guess. Hope we get 3-4 in before pre season starts.

Jeez, we play Boreham Wood in less than 3 weeks, off to the US after that.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

This is a slow summer. We seemed a lot more active during a World cup year last summer. We're probably a lot more dependent on sales than before to buy I guess. Hope we get 3-4 in before pre season starts.

We had a director of football last summer (the kind that finds players) but thats not the case today.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Targett is one of those guys who could come good in the future, but right now I think he'd be more of an Aston Villa target than Arsenal or (especially) Liverpool. I doubt there's really any interest from Arsenal.

As for transfers, it's still early. The only signings so far by Top 6 clubs have been Daniel James of Swansea to United and Kion Etete of Notts County to Sp**s. Most of the transfer action comes after the 1st of July when the new financial year begins.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin is already one of the top RBs in the PL and has the potential to be the best.

If Bellerin played for another team, we'd be wish listing him.

As I said I love Bellerin and think he's a very good player, but he does still have weaknesses in his game - defending and ball delivery. Atal is currently projected to be one of the best RBs in Europe, he's incredibly good.

You can love Bellerin and rate him highly whilst also acknowledging another player might have a higher ceiling.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Arsenal Mania and Mitch when Bellerin has a fantastic 19/20 season:

xJaURI4.jpg

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We had a director of football last summer (the kind that finds players) but thats not the case today.

Arsenal had a director of football last summer? That's a new one on me.

Could you be confusing director of football with head of recruitment? If so, Arsenal has one of those now (Cagigao, who has been the driving force behind Martinelli, who turned 18 today and thus could be announced at any time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom