• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,793

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Whenever I’ve seen him in the Europa or for France he looks like he did in the PL.

Don’t think he’s got anywhere near the quality.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still with OM asking price dint think we'll be interested he not 50M player but with OM ffp problem they maybe forced to sell for 30M

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not sure he's the player we need. We need an athletic and pacey winger, not another talented but slow wide man.

Our squad last season didnt have 1 winger with good pace, it's causing balancing issues especially away from home.

benjamin86

Established Member
Not sure he's the player we need. We need an athletic and pacey winger, not another talented but slow wide man.

Our squad last season didnt have 1 winger with good pace, it's causing balancing issues especially away from home.
Thuram is athletic and pacy...no idea how good he is though lol.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thuram is athletic and pacy...no idea how good he is though lol.

I like Thuram. He's also amazing in the air. I would go for him over Carassco and Fraser any day. He is strong, fast, has really good close control and literally just constantly takes his man on. He came on in the under 21 game vs England and just backed Wan Bissaka into the box repeatedly. Sat someone down also but don't remember who. Extremely confident player who is very direct.

I don't think we are in for Carassco. There's something off about the link and a bid has been lodged but it isn't us. Thuram may well be an option.

I'm intrigued about who our CM option is. We didn't bother with Fornals. There are rumours of Torreira leaving.

benjamin86

Established Member
I like Thuram. He's also amazing in the air. I would go for him over Carassco and Fraser any day. He is strong, fast, has really good close control and literally just constantly takes his man on. He came on in the under 21 game vs England and just backed Wan Bissaka into the box repeatedly. Sat someone down also but don't remember who. Extremely confident player who is very direct.

I don't think we are in for Carassco. There's something off about the link and a bid has been lodged but it isn't us. Thuram may well be an option.

I'm intrigued about who our CM option is. We didn't bother with Fornals. There are rumours of Torreira leaving.
I don't think Torreira is going, it's frustrating the amount of news sites that cut his last sentence "But as the years pass, I’m going to be adapting.” which changes his statement from i don't like London to i'm not used to London yet.

No idea what we're going to do at CM, i wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anyone. If we do that i hope Willock or AMN gets chances ahead of Elneny.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
CB-2WF-CM-LB was always the focus in this transfer window for us. Backup gk and RB depends if we found good cheap option

benjamin86

Established Member
Saliba and Tierney would be an insane start. It also takes our entire budget meaning we can't buy until we know players are definitely going.
ehhh i'm kind of cynical of that £40m number as that's not how transfers work, it's very rare for clubs to pay an entire fee up front. For Saliba and Teirney we would probably end up paying £15m this season with the rest in installments over the next few years.

(if we could only buy £40m worth of talent that would probably mean we have £10m-15m cash to spend this summer...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom