• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,474,078

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thing is our squad is already thin. We need to replace a few before anything.
Our squad is far from thin. There’s still 24 players in it after the 5 departures. That’s not including the likes of Nelson, Bielik or Smith Rowe either.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Our squad is far from thin. There’s still 24 players in it after the 5 departures. That’s not including the likes of Nelson, Bielik or Smith Rowe either.
List all these CBs we have to slot in then. Kos can't be relied upon. Monreal is getting old. We basically have Sokratis and Mustafi there while Rob is out.
Who is going to take this guy off of us? We pay him ridiculous wages..

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

List all these CBs we have to slot in then. Kos can't be relied upon. Monreal is getting old. We basically have Sokratis and Mustafi there while Rob is out.
Who is going to take this guy off of us? We pay him ridiculous wages..
Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavropanos, Koscielny, Holding, Bielik.

‘Small squad’

We’re bloated in every position.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mark, if the players can't be sold and they're still at the club then its difficult to purchase anyone regardless of what financial position you're in.

KJSB97

One of Bielik or Chambers will go - both have the same profile, utility players brought in by Weng who he tried and failed to mould into CB's, who have then gone on to excel at CDM. Personally, I'd keep Bielik and Freddie's influence may be telling here.

It's probable that we are taking a get them in before we sell approach just to be cautious and so that we don't leave ourselves short. After all, we are extremely slow and unreliable at getting transfers done. If we bring in two CB's, I'd expect Kos to be off and Mustafi will go. Emery dropped him in important games later in the season so it's obvious he doesn't fancy him. As hard as it is to believe, he will have his suitors once his agent declares he is available, I just think we are waiting to get incoming deals over the line before we pull the trigger on outgoings.

Emery knows he only has the year to prove himself so I don't think he'll take any prisoners. Remember that he tried to freeze Neymar out at PSG so he ain't scared.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Leno, Martinez*. Cech gone and Ospina sold.
Bellerin*, Jenkinson*. Lichsteiner gone.
Sokratis, Koscielny, Holding*, Chambers*, Mustafi, Mavropanos.
Kolasinac, Monreal.
Elneny, Torreira, Bielik, Maitland Niles*, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock. Ramsey gone.
Özil, Mkhitaryan, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Iwobi*. Welbeck gone.
Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah.

Squad numbers wise we're fine to bring players in. 22 players out of a possible 25 and that's including Jenko, Chambers and Elneny who will most likely be sold. Another good thing is we can still add 3 foreign players with ease due to only having 14 out of the allocated 17 possible.

Looking at the squad written out its quite clear that we need a backup right back. In an ideal world you also get rid of Mustafi, Chambers and Kosc whilst bringing in Saliba and a more experienced centre half. I think the latter two will happen this summer but Mustafi will probably stay.

Central midfield is bloated. Elneny can go and Maitland Niles needs to play in his favoured position so thats a nice like for like swap. After that I think we're good in that area, just need to sign someone if Torreira leaves.

Attacking mids/wingers is such a dead area right now. Another position which will take a couple of seasons to switch up with Özil and Mikky unlikely to leave. Martinelli and a marquee winger desperately needed.

Left back is a one in one out scenario. The one in of course being Tierney.

The ideal ins situation in my eyes?

Saliba - loaned back for a season while we sort the Mustafi nonsense.
More experienced CB.
Tierney
Martinelli
Carrasco

If that happens this summer I'd be content. Its very doable even if we can just get rid of Chambers, Kosc/Mustafi, Elneny and Kolasinac.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Ric Rod had so much hype around him in the early part of the decade. Not sure how he's done in Milan. If it does happen then I bet it gets mixed in with the Torreira deal.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Not letting these ****s get me excited over a signing after how hyped I got for Adli last summer when they made it seem like it was a done deal.

Are we gonna lose out on Tierney because of 2-4 M?

Reminds me when we tried to sign Alonso from Liverpool.

Signing Bilel Hassaini would probably mean either Nelson or Amiechi is off.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

We seem to be interested in few young wingers. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the people at the club aren't rating our youngsters as highly as some on here who think anyone who can do a step over should be a shoe-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom