• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,335

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Irrelevant? He couldn't even get in the team, quite likely as his performances in training were sub par. If he was good he would have got games. He went out on loan and still did nothing from the age of 20-25.

He has not played well the last few seasons but in a team where he is the main outlet. He will not be the main outlet at Arsenal. His numbers will drop considerably not go up, as there are more options for passes with Auba/Laca. Considering Palaces top scorer was the dude who took all the penalties and Zaha played upfront alone... He is now relegated to wing...

He is not worth 70mil, and he is certainly not someone you spend 70mil on when you know we will never be able to recoup any of that money. Just because someone supports Arsenal does not make them a world-beater.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it is god awful and so short sighted.

Why

Always Me ?
You're entitled to your opinion, but it is god awful and so short sighted.

Says the guy who wants a 27yr old, when our attack is all getting past 30 and needs to be replaces... Blowing our load on one chap who will destroy our finances for this year and probably next...
:rofl:

Jexe

Completely irrelevant as he was so young at the time and didn't even get given a chance so i'm not going to even bother with that.

You don't know if Zaha does well out of that setup? He's never been out of that setup as a mature, well rounded player. He'd flourish on the left side with us, his goal to game ratio would go up as would his assists. He also works very hard and as a Gooner would fight for the badge.

We have fantastic youth coming through behind those players. Your idea seems to be buy players who're 20-23 with good resale value then eventually sell them? NO. We need to do both.

Plus Soares will cost £40M+ its a much bigger risk than spending £60M on Zaha.

Zaha played for United age 21-22, the season before he was loaned back to CP. the fact that he flopped at United debunks your myth about Soares having “flip written all over him” if by 27 Zaha has recovered so well from his United stint.

A better comparison would be someone like Richarlison.

Signed from Brazil age 20 by Watford. Instantly adapted.

A year later signs for Everton for £40mill and everyone laughs, yet answers all of those critics last season.

Aged 22 he is a crucial part to Everton’s front line.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Says the guy who wants a 27yr old, when our attack is all getting past 30 and needs to be replaces... Blowing our load on one chap who will destroy our finances for this year and probably next...
:rofl:

He's 26 years old and we have many many top quality youth players coming through.

You're essentially saying we won't be buying any younger attackers for the next 3 summers. I mean come on think about it a bit better.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
In preseason against American cowboys.

My point really was that the question;

Would you be happy with a summer of "only" Zaha, Tierney, and Saliba?

Is actually impossible because we already have Martinelli, the non-story who doesn't deserve a mention, according to you!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
My point really was that the question;

Would you be happy with a summer of "only" Zaha, Tierney, and Saliba?

Is actually impossible because we already have Martinelli, the non-story who doesn't deserve a mention, according to you!

It isn't impossible because nobody cares about Martinelli unless he does anything worthwhile for the first team when it matters.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I would love us to sign him but at the same time I keep thinking about the problems in our squad now. We have thirty year olds on £150k a week that nobody else wants. That’s where we’ll be with Zaha in 4 or 5 years time. It doesn’t matter if you spend £40m on someone from Brazil because they’ll either do well and you’ll sell them for double that or they’ll do badly and you’ll get half your money back. They’ll be on fairly low wages so they won’t be hard to move on.

There’s a balancing act. The goal is to get into the Champions League and Zaha will obviously give us a better chance, so in that sense his signing is worth it. But the minute you drop out of those top 4 spots you’re ****ed. That risk isn’t there with the other options.
Exactly its a big risk at 50-55m you could do it, but 70+ is too much given our situation. Zaha has to put a transfer request in i feel to get him at a good price for us. He could possibly go to chelsea next year but after that i dont see CP getting a good fee or him going to a big club.

Why

Always Me ?
He's 26 years old and we have many many top quality youth players coming through.

You're essentially saying we won't be buying any younger attackers for the next 3 summers. I mean come on think about it a bit better.

Özil & Mhiki will probably go on a free, Auba will end up in Japan, and Laca some french team for 10mil. We wont get much cash from them, and financially we need to sell to buy decent players. Replacing 4 of our front line over the next 2 years will be tough with no money coming from them. Especially as a lot of our deals currently are structured over 2-3 years.

Every time we buy a player for 30mil and say we will pay for it over 3 years. We lose 10mil in our budget for those 3 years. Eventually that adds up.

Zaha is a short term fix, not a long term fix. We need to be thinking long term.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Özil & Mhiki will probably go on a free, Auba will end up in Japan, and Laca some french team for 10mil. We wont get much cash from them, and financially we need to sell to buy decent players. Replacing 4 of our front line over the next 2 years will be tough with no money coming from them. Especially as a lot of our deals currently are structured over 2-3 years.

Every time we buy a player for 30mil and say we will pay for it over 3 years. We lose 10mil in our budget for those 3 years. Eventually that adds up.

Zaha is a short term fix, not a long term fix. We need to be thinking long term.

I don't know where to start :lol::lol:

Özil and Mikky are wanted out anyway and specifically with Mikky the guy could be replaced now with Nelson. Who cares if Auba/Laca don't have the resale value now?! If those players get us back into the CL then we can quite comfortably buy an attacker every summer if we wanted to and gradually replace along with utilising our youth.

If we're just going to stop ourselves from signing 26 year old players because they're too old we may as well fold now as a club.

Zaha would be at his best with us for 4 years mate, that's a very long time. :lol:

I can't actually believe you're saying a 26 year old footballer shouldn't be signed because he's too old, outrageous.

Why

Always Me ?
I don't know where to start :lol::lol:

Özil and Mikky are wanted out anyway and specifically with Mikky the guy could be replaced now with Nelson. Who cares if Auba/Laca don't have the resale value now?! If those players get us back into the CL then we can quite comfortably buy an attacker every summer if we wanted to and gradually replace along with utilising our youth.

If we're just going to stop ourselves from signing 26 year old players because they're too old we may as well fold now as a club.

Zaha would be at his best with us for 4 years mate, that's a very long time. :lol:

I can't actually believe you're saying a 26 year old footballer shouldn't be signed because he's too old, outrageous.

I am saying he has no resale value, and won't make the impact people think for the money. He is a depreciating asset, that will not get us into the CL on his own. Realistically I cant see us getting CL next season anyway, but Zaha is not the difference. So if we are going to rebuild, and target CL in 2 years time. I would rather not spend the money on Zaha and get someone in younger who can grow with the team and if not is sellable.

Why

Always Me ?
We bought Auba for 60ish mil, at 28? He was our top scorer last season... so what? Maybe he will get top scorer this season. If it doesnt get us CL football or a trophy it doesn't matter, and then he will be 31 and its 60mil down the toilet.

Why spend all our cash on a player that doesn't allow us to buy in other areas when there are cheaper options?

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
AMN is so bad and I am very worried about RB position. I hope we can find a cheap back up for this position; otherwise, we are ****ed! Just look at the second half against Bayern, and how he was ruined by Coman. Tbh, Kola was also so bad against Gnabry, but it's good that we are after Tierney

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
AMN is so bad and I am very worried about RB position. I hope we can find a cheap back up for this position; otherwise, we are ****ed! Just look at the second half against Bayern, and how he was ruined by Coman. Tbh, Kola was also so bad against Gnabry, but it's good that we are after Tierney

He had a terrible end to the season so the warning signs already there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We bought Auba for 60ish mil, at 28? He was our top scorer last season... so what? Maybe he will get top scorer this season. If it doesnt get us CL football or a trophy it doesn't matter, and then he will be 31 and its 60mil down the toilet.

Why spend all our cash on a player that doesn't allow us to buy in other areas when there are cheaper options?

You're now saying don't buy world class players if they become available. If we didn't buy Auba we would've been mid table last season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just had a thought that I now can't stop thinking about.

If Barca want Neymar back that badly and have already signed Griezemann, forget Malcom...how about an 80M offer for Ousmane Dembele? I know they don't want to let him go but if they have Messi, Suarez, Griezmann and Neymar then something has got to give.

I would happily pay for Dembele by borrowing from next years transfer budget.:drool:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

If Barca want Neymar back that badly and have already signed Griezemann, forget Malcom...how about an 80M offer for Ousmane Dembele? I know they don't want to let him go but if they have Messi, Suarez, Griezmann and Neymar then something has got to give.

I would happily pay for Dembele by borrowing from next years transfer budget.:drool:

Not happening under 100 as far as narratives go, if at all. A lot of games being played back and forth with Bayern etc. So 80m wont do in any case, I guess.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think he’ll end up being a makeweight to PSG in the Neymar deal to bring the price down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom