• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,361

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why? So that we can enter a bidding war.We aren't the only club in for a centre back.

I have a feeling that it's Konate.

I put this in the wish list thread because its obviously wishful thinking. But it shows how we could actually quite comfortably get a TOP CB in this summer and still be around the £50M mark for money spent this summer.

Even if other teams give us a certain fee up front for Mustafi and such we're still likely to get at least £16M up front in cash. Meaning total spend for the summer at £50M is doable even with a £30-60M centre back signing. With Pepe and co joining it'll be easier to sell a top CB the project as well.

Ins (Bold = done) -
Martinelli - £6M (£3M this summer)
Saliba - £27M (£4M this summer)
Ceballos - LOAN (£4M this summer)
Pepe - £72M (£20M this summer)
Tierney - £25M (£15M this summer)
Ruben Dias - £54M (£20M this summer)

Total face value - £188M. Total this summer - £66M

Outs (Bold = done) -
Ospina - £5M
Benaccer - £4M fee from sell on clause

Koscielny - £4M
Mustafi OR Chambers - £20M
Elneny - £8M

Total sales - £41M

HBL

Established Member
Ruben Dias is a great shout, there are lots of options out there depending on how much we want to spend.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
EAt2xn-WkAAJJnN

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We been linked with Upamecano before the Europa league final but Honigstien said it depend on us qualify to CL. things could change now specially if we sell Kosh mustafi quickly he available for 30M euros.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We been linked with Upamecano before the Europa league final but Honigstien said it depend on us qualify to CL. things could change now specially if we sell Kosh mustafi quickly he available for 30M euros.

Yeah Di Marzio saying he's available for that, no brainer if we sell Mustafi/Kosc.

KJSB97

Jonathan Tah probably gets you best value for money out of any young CB on the market. We've dealt with Leverkusen previously before aswell with Leno so should be able to make use of the relations to strike a reasonable deal. Definitely would be the most astute signing out of all the names that have been suggested given his experience at such a young age as well as height, presence etc.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
We should definitely look at LCB since we're putting faith in Saliba to thrive on the right side.

Judasviking

Jonathan Tah probably gets you best value for money out of any young CB on the market. We've dealt with Leverkusen previously before aswell with Leno so should be able to make use of the relations to strike a reasonable deal. Definitely would be the most astute signing out of all the names that have been suggested given his experience at such a young age as well as height, presence etc.

Have we ever been linked to that guy? I rate him very highly.

KJSB97

Have we ever been linked to that guy? I rate him very highly.

I'm not entirely certain we have but he could be a left-field deal that gets struck out of nowhere like the Ceballos & Pepe deals.

If we're targeting 'very big, very expensive signings' and are keeping our first choices, it's hard to look past him as a credible option. Fits the bill buying younger players with value and has genuine leadership qualities that will be needed to help integrate Saliba into the team once Sok calls it a day.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would love to see Arsenal make another Sokratis type signing, experienced defender who who can come straight in and do the job.
Young players take time and make mistakes and until Holding gets fit we need whoever comes in to perform straightaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom