• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

freddy_v

Humiliated by Paqueta.

So he was out of balance in one situation. I guess these days it's easy to blow anything out of proportion. 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately it has been obvious ever since he scored that last minute screamer against Bournemoth that he will never get a run under Arteta. He should not have signed, nor been offerered, that contract.

Waste of both youth and talent

Let's play Aubamawang

Had to go back three pages to find this. Can’t believe Villa had Diaby coming off the bench while we had this charity.
It's a bit unfair to blame Nelson when Arteta has brought him on for the first time in ages for all of 5 minutes. Even Scott Steiner couldn't make a big impact in those circumstances.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
It's a shame but he had to have known it would have been a mountain to climb to get appearances he's behind Martineli,Trossard,Eddie. Him signing that contact makes no sense.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's a shame but he had to have known it would have been a mountain to climb to get appearances he's behind Martineli,Trossard,Eddie. Him signing that contact makes no sense.
nobody else was going to give him 100k a week.

Think he just made a financial/family decision tbh. I'm sure he'll chase his football after this contract is done.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's a bit unfair to blame Nelson when Arteta has brought him on for the first time in ages for all of 5 minutes. Even Scott Steiner couldn't make a big impact in those circumstances.
Not blaming him for anything, just think it was a poor decision to give him a new contract. He was never gonna make it here, compare him to Martinelli and Saka and it’s just ridiculous. Diaby is much better too.

bergholt

It's fine for us that he signed the contract, we've got a guy who's happy to sit on the bench and fill a role. Yes, he's clearly not at the level we need, but realistically we didn't have the cash to replace him with an upgrade.

Think about it - his contract costs us 20m total. How could we have upgraded him for that price, taking into account transfer fees and wages?

Less than zero chance. Same as with Holding or Elneny or Cedric or whoever - the guy you have is often the pragmatic choice because they cost 10m to 20m to keep, compared to replacing them for 50m to 100m.

I'm sure we'll upgrade his position (backup wide attacker) at some point, but until then he'll sit on the bench and occasionally come on late in a game and maybe very rarely score a goal like that one against Bournemouth last season.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It's fine for us that he signed the contract, we've got a guy who's happy to sit on the bench and fill a role. Yes, he's clearly not at the level we need, but realistically we didn't have the cash to replace him with an upgrade.

Think about it - his contract costs us 20m total. How could we have upgraded him for that price, taking into account transfer fees and wages?

Less than zero chance. Same as with Holding or Elneny or Cedric or whoever - the guy you have is often the pragmatic choice because they cost 10m to 20m to keep, compared to replacing them for 50m to 100m.

I'm sure we'll upgrade his position (backup wide attacker) at some point, but until then he'll sit on the bench and occasionally come on late in a game and maybe very rarely score a goal like that one against Bournemouth last season.

I have bolded the only thing thats relevant. But, as always, Arteta's decisions must be defended at all costs.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm fine with the contract, he did have some good games last season but obviously was done by injuries again.

On paper both he and ESR are good for rotation, they just can't get over injuries and this might be their last season with us

Let's play Aubamawang

His stats aren't terrible for a player with the amount of minutes he has had. The bigger issue we have is the risk of Martinelli and particularly Saka being burnt out before the title run-in. That is assuming we keep it that close...

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom