• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Melquiades

He’s always bright and noticeable when he plays and his G/A contributions per minute are excellent.

Good squad player who probably deserves more minutes, especially when Martinelli isn’t firing on all cylinders.

Legend14

Established Member
Was he playing LCM late? I saw him pick up the ball deep several times and it was clear to see an element of play we’ve been missing. He could carry the ball forward with confidence.

Good match Reiss.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was he playing LCM late? I saw him pick up the ball deep several times and it was clear to see an element of play we’ve been missing. He could carry the ball forward with confidence.

Good match Reiss.
Central is actually where he ultimately wants to play, funnily enough. Wide left is also a better role for him than wide right (although he has had good performances there).

coleio

...should be used more, perfect alternative to Martinelli and suits that wide spot in our system more than Trossard (Leo should be used more in the centre)

Yeah he's definitely more of a Martinelli type player with that pace. Would be far more worrying to some opponents, especially as they tire.
Not that I'm as against Trossard on the wing as some are here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah he's definitely more of a Martinelli type player with that pace. Would be far more worrying to some opponents, especially as they tire.
He doesn’t have the mentality. He is more talented than Martinelli, but there is big difference in mentality

coleio

He doesn’t have the mentality. He is more talented than Martinelli, but there is big difference in mentality

I wouldn't say he's more talented at all. I think Martinelli is one of the most talented young attackers in the world. He's definitely done a disservice when people say his technique isn't good (I know you didn't say this but TV analysts have said it on multiple occasions this season).

I just think Nelson can offer the pace and directness of a Martinelli compared to a Trossard. Needs to be put in more to relieve the burden.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson's in between the two players tbh. He's not far from Martinelli in terms of physical profile, but he's quite close Trossard in preferred playing style. He can occupy defenders 1v1 when he's feeling it but he wants to come into midfield and combine, and most of his best shooting or passing moments come from the central areas or half spaces.

The left wing role currently is an awkward fit for pretty much everybody, including Martinelli.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He'd got such a nice close control with the ball at his feet.

I think he could grow a lot with continuous football for a stretch. Gain some momentum and confidence.

Feel like he could be similar to Gnabry if he got going. Both in style and in explosion of career trajectory.

bakaboo

If it was few years ago, I would agree. Since last last season, there are some changes to his mental state. He is confident on the ball and more mature in his playing. Martineli more direct and very good finisher from the left. Nelson operate like a wing playmaker

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I was today years old when I found out when someone is injured, the maximum sentence under Dogs Dangerously Out of Control (Section 3 Dangerous Dogs Act 1991) is 5 years!

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
He only comes on to save Arteta's day but Arteta never starts him... despicable man management especially when Nelli/Trossard are given free reign to stink up the Left wing position. Especially when Trossard was horrendous vs PSV whereas Nelson was our best player.

His last Premier league start was year sago ffs, if he does not start vs Fulham at Craven cottage he should on loan in January ASAP.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom