• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Took the gloss off a very decent cameo for me. Can't make rookie mistakes like this when you're fighting for minutes (or trying to fight for them).

Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem if we were just a club chasing top 4 but when you're battling Liverpool/City for the title every little detail matters.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, it wouldn't be a problem if we were just a club chasing top 4 but when you're battling Liverpool/City for the title every little detail matters.
To me, it puts a further confirmation on why there haven't been as many debuts in recent months under Arteta save for the Nwaneri cameo and it's because of small things like that. The base standard of the team is completely different now. There are very few holes and even the players in this squad that we as fans don't rate are doing a job so fundamentally high in it's minimum standard that I seriously cannot imagine anyone just coming in to replicate it unless Arteta completely trusts them to do so.

If I put my objective hat on here - we've been sh!tting on Havertz all season for understandable reasons but the fact of the matter is that for the last month he's been a relatively vital cog in one of the best runs I've seen the team go on in many years. Now put a still-not-match-fit ESR in his place. I love ESR - we all do - but we don't do half of what we're doing now with him in that spot. Even Jesus would have struggled to provide exactly what Havertz is currently doing for us, and we don't even like Havertz like that :lol:. He understands exactly what's being asked of him and is doing it to almost the best of his ability (I say almost - I still think there's more in there). That's the "fogging estandards".

You wanna get into this team, you have to be on your Ps and Qs every time you step on the pitch. You have to have the same respect of space as the best players in the team, you have to win your duels and leave no quarter behind, and you have to be ruthless.

Let's play Aubamawang

He made a mistake this time, but let's not forget he cleared a ball to Havertz leading to Konate getting himself sent off and he set up a breakaway for a goal through him clearing the ball outside the area.

Unfortunately, it is tough to build up any rhythm on such limited minutes, but as Guardiola pointed out with Grealish, you have to be ready and give everything possible whenever you're needed. I don't think Reiss is near that level right now, but he is mostly producing positive performances when he comes on.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Signed a new contract last summer and now is relegated to joining the match day squad as a sub and only travels as an emergency cover :lol: if Timber is fit then one of Nketiah/ESR will be out of the premier league match day squad.

Still no premier league starts this season. Instead of Martinelli coming on to play on the RW when Saka was ineffective, we could have subbed on Nelson but alas. Nelson came on as a sub last season at the Etihad and showed no fear after we were 3-1 down.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He needs to look for a move in the summer. He barely plays. I wonder if he's regretting the decision to sign again 🤔 If we sign another winger, the writing is on the wall for him.

Same goes for ESR & Eddie.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't expect a big career anymore from him but I still think we don't use him enough. He is one of those players who are always comfortable on the ball and rarely loses it, surely there are games we could use that more than we do

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Well he starts tonight so let's see what he can do. We will need the likes of him, Smith Rowe, and Vieira to shine at this stage of the season. Business time!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't want to be harsh but I hope he played last game here need someone to give Saka some time off when needed and Nelson won't start for majority of pl teams

Get 10M and move on

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Dislike Do Not Want GIF

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Feels like every pass he made went backwards.

Edit - 27 of 33 passes went backwards according to whoscored.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What sucks is that he is in that cycle of limited opportunites, and when he gets one has to play out of his skin.

Think he is good enough to come on later on for Saka or Martinelli during the run in, when the game is secured.

Beyond this summer though, dont think he has a place anymore Im afraid. Jesus should take his place as our Saka rotation.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom