• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He also 24 years old so development from youngster to senior player has stopped.

I think a move where he start regularly would do him well he need to challenge himself and get good move in summer

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Playing on the right doesn't suit him. He doesn't want to go on the outside anymore probably cause he's lost most of his pace.
Yeah he's not a crossing winger, he wants to cut in and combine/shoot. Don't like him on the right either. Still, he should show more aggression.

My guess is lack of confidence based on his lack of football. He needs to leave and play first team football regularly.

GoonerJay24

Feel sorry for him, as he's not really given the minutes to consistently develop to compete with Saka and Martineli.

I always thought he had potential but at this point, it's probably best that he moves on next season. Perhaps another coach can take him to another level.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

One he move I expect him to fall off. 3-4 years I don’t think he will be even a championship player

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Just saw that he is 24, not much he will be able to change in his game but maybe he can get a decent career in Germany or the Championship

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
There were similar murmurs around Kai Havertz (also 24) and look how he's turned out. It's great that Reiss impacted the game forcing the defensive mistake for the goal. He's clearly lacking confidence though and almost went on a decent mazy run but for a foul on him.

Bottom line is, he made an effective contribution to the game when required and that is all we can ask for. We need our squad members to be influential in these games when they come on and tonight he and Smith Rowe did that, and for me that;s enough.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There were similar murmurs around Kai Havertz (also 24) and look how he's turned out. It's great that Reiss impacted the game forcing the defensive mistake for the goal. He's clearly lacking confidence though and almost went on a decent mazy run but for a foul on him.

Bottom line is, he made an effective contribution to the game when required and that is all we can ask for. We need our squad members to be influential in these games when they come on and tonight he and Smith Rowe did that, and for me that;s enough.
Last time he started a game was 7th of Jan. the guy is so back in the pecking order it would be absolutely waste for him to stay at 24 and play so little when he already played so little last 2 years.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
never looked good enough. Never, not even when he was a thing we needed to discuss here. not even with the hype some posters that are very knowledgeable of our youth ranks. and younger generation. Every time he plays, he looks championship-level at best.

Iwobi could at least deceive you and you could make an argument he could have some sort of serious career (not with us, never with us) in the future.

Maitland Niles looked 10 times the player.

This guy was never something. England´s press and fans are sometimes puzzling when it comes to hype the young.

Why is he still here?

lazyfreak

Last time he started a game was 7th of Jan. the guy is so back in the pecking order it would be absolutely waste for him to stay at 24 and play so little when he already played so little last 2 years.
That was the FA Cup. This was his first league start since July 2020! 😬

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
never looked good enough. Never, not even when he was a thing we needed to discuss here. not even with the hype some posters that are very knowledgeable of our youth ranks. and younger generation. Every time he plays, he looks championship-level at best.

Iwobi could at least deceive you and you could make an argument he could have some sort of serious career (not with us, never with us) in the future.

This guy was never something. England´s press and fans are sometimes puzzling when it comes to hype the young.

Why is he still here?
People who like him based that on his youth career where he looked talented.

Other than his decent loan in Germany, he never had proper involvement in the first team which was an excuse always for him not developing.

You look at it now that he is 24 and even his biggest fans can't argue with you, maybe from your post I just didn't like the tone of "Championship at best", it would still be a decent career and I always see it as a success if an academy grad makes it there

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Why is he still here?

I don't get it either. I understand the sentimental attachment from people who have followed his career from his youth days of course, but I have never seen anything from him that suggests he's even a good PL player. He'd get nowhere our starting XI (albeit we have very good starting wide players tbf) but he's somehow expected to contribute to a title charge, doesn't make sense to me.

I remember watching ESR at like 15-16 and being blown away with the talent he displayed, never seen anything close to that from Nelson.

What has he done at a professional level since his purple patch at Hoffenheim like 5 years ago? Just hasn't kicked on at all.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom