• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
As good as Iwobi and Welbeck were today, I feel as if players like Nelson will improve much quicker through playing with the likes of Özil, Ramsey, Pea, Laca and Mkhi when fit.

Anyway, happy he got some game time. Seemed a bit hesitant to try anything today, understandable but hopefully he’ll show a bit more confidence next time he plays.

Nketiah and Willock next, could be an opportunity for Willock if Wilshere continues to play like he has and Elneny is banned.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think Wenger missed the chance to throw him in. He came to the boil and was ignored. Now his form has dropped off for the U23's, he gets thrown in. Better late than never. I suppose, but great timing....

Genius.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Should have given him a lot more first team opportunities, and while being on bench he can't even have a proper run in the academy games. This is another thing what I hate about Wenger, he believes the young players will improve by just training with the first team. There is no substitute for real game time.

Now, if he gets more opportunities next season, and turns out any good, the club will be under pressure again to get him to sign another contract, as I believe his contract runs out in 2018. Poor management all around

Were you not here for the Banter Era? Project Youth sends its regard.

KrptKid

Seemed like Bellerin was plaing in advance of him. Don't blame him for being extremely conservative with possession.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't think it's a good idea to play a promising young player in a completely revamped squad.

For me it makes sense to slot them into a well functioning unit. It's almost a fact now that our lack of a clear system results in an incohesive lineup whenever we make wholesale changes.

Not exactly the best environment for a young player.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Wenger missed the chance to throw him in. He came to the boil and was ignored. Now his form has dropped off for the U23's, he gets thrown in. Better late than never. I suppose, but great timing....

Genius.

Wenger was far too cautious with him. He held him back just when he was at his most confident, and when he did get chances they were in that poncy wing back slot in a system we no longer even use or the last few seconds of a game that was already over.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't think it's a good idea to play a promising young player in a completely revamped squad.

For me it makes sense to slot them into a well functioning unit. It's almost a fact now that our lack of a clear system results in an incohesive lineup whenever we make wholesale changes.

Not exactly the best environment for a young player.

When you look at the comforts Cesc had compared to Nelson, the difference is like Syria and the Seychelles. Cesc had gods around him and slotted into a settle unit with his role clearly defined... :lol:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Get in!! Coincidence he got 1st team opportunities back the moment he decides to extent?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder how much he'll be on once he signs this new contract. Can only hope he stays motivated to become the best he can be.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
They said he can beat players in training...well, World Class players aren't afraid to show it in the 1st team. Young players need to ignore coaches and take risks when given opportunities. Coaches always tell youngsters to keep it simple...but heck, you've got a limelight here...an opportunity. Against Southampton, he was getting in the way of passing opportunities...should have stayed wide and then cut inside.
You either have it or not. Nelson could go on and become another Quincy Owusu Abeyie.

He's cocky in the U23s and in his emotions, but dude needs a Reality Check. Needs to be a lot more stronger in his legs to ride challenges.

His potential right now is Raheem Sterling Level...not Thierry Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom