• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricardo

malagar

It doesnt make sense to me too , but dont forget that Wenger is very loyal to his players .So propably he wont oust Jens before the end of his deal . He trusts him , and actually there is one reason that gives hope that Jens can keep it going - its his wish to play for Germany in WC2006.

asajoseph

Established Member
He's dropped Jens already this season, and it was only the persistent awfulness of Manuel Almunia that allowed him to get his place back. No, even if Jens starts the season as first choice, there WILL be a new face to challenge him.

Gurgen

Established Member
I wouldn't mind having Akinfeev as Jens' understudy. The kid impressed me in every match I saw him play. Getting him from the clutches of the CSKA money mountain might be tricky though.

asajoseph

Established Member
Don't know if anyone noticed, but the 'Roy Carrol interests Arsenal' turtle popped it's head out again in the article re: his release from Utd.

Soler

Established Member
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is on the verge of signing Portuguese keeper Ricardo. (Daily Mirror, Mail)

:x :x :x :x :x

Asterix

Established Member
I did some research into this guy, and one article summed him up as flamboyant, extravagent and error prone.

Tops.

I couldn't find his height anywhere though. He didn't look overly tall to me whenever I saw him on Euro highlights.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
1.85m / 6 ft 2, unfortunately this doesn't matter, even if he was 2.45m / 8 ft 2 he would still be a crap goal keeper.

Campeoes

No way do I want him at Arsenal, he is one rubbish goalkeeper. Worse than Lehmann. He can't hack it in the SuperLiga, so what is he gonna be like in the Premier League?

He loves to go walkabout in the penalty area, and oh, the way he comes racing off of his line is enough to give anyone a heart-attack. He can't catch he justs flaps and punches and he completely misjudges crosses and makes stupid errors that cost goals and sometimes the match.

Remember in the UEFA Cup he was at fault for Sporting conceding against Middlesbrough because he came racing off of his line and also he punched the ball straight at Hasselbaink/Job's feet. In the UEFA Cup final he was at fault for Sporting conceding Vagner Love's goal.

No thanks, Arsène.

malagar

I am trying not to get panicked now :(
There are so many better options available. Damn even Jens and Almunia are better options.

asajoseph

Established Member
Honestly, that article sounded more like a 'come and get me', rather than a 'I've had talks with the club'.

And frankly, I think Arsène should just ignore it, if that's the case...

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom