• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenad

HELLO!!! Any actual Arsenal fans with brain out there? I'm so embarrassed reading this utter garbage day in day out. Have to rant!

We don't need this one season wonder! He's only ever going to do it for Leicester. We've got better players in the OX and Sanchez with good backup form Campbell and Walcott and we have to give players like Iwobi and Gnabry opportunities to reach their potential.

For the love of all that is right with our great club, PLEASE stop with this horse manurere you ****** keep posting here.

Wenger said it himself, he wants a CB and a CF, end of.

Let's just get behind him and whoever he ultimately signs and start being more supportive of the players and the policies which the club have and which so far have made our club one of the top 5 clubs in the World.

Anyone agree???

It must be hard to be Arsenal fan from Vulcan. Forum with one page threads and just two replies:
1) It's official.
2) Live long and prosper gif with padlock on it.

I'm just kidding. As you were...

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
So this is the translation of an article written today by that guy Djillit...(the best a man can get)

He's the one some of the Foxes were saying is connected to Mahrez in some way, and the one who posted that twit about him not interested in money but wants to play for a team with an established style of play.

"Leicester desperate to keep Riyad Mahrez but ...
Legs in the preparation of Leicester, with a jewel registered against Celtic, Riyad Mahrez still do not know what his future holds. An update.

It became recurring refrain after each game. Perhaps a way out the perfect umbrella on a disappointing preparation Foxes, upgraded by the PSG (4-0) or defeated by Celtic (1-1). Claudio Ranieri, the coach of the champions of England, takes center stage on the case Mahrez: "I often speak with him and tell him to stay with us. This is best for his future. I think it's smart and it will remain. "The Foxes coach knows that the threat is more pressing, and that things could accelerate in the next few days before the deadline of September 1, closed the transfer market towards the Premier League.
The Algerian was not focused on financial idea but on game principles

"If he goes to a lot of money, everyone will wait for something special," said the former coach of AS Monaco. Algerian international is not focused on financial idea but on game principles and the desire to play in a team that produces the game. Club owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wants to keep its jewel but the information relayed by the Daily Express of an agreement on a contract extension at £ 100,000 a week is not valid. If the president, the coach or the Leicester fans want to quickly end this uncertainty, the soap around the MVP in 2016 is not over. Far from there. During the meeting between PSG and Leicester, Arsène Wenger and his assistant Steve Bould were quietly settled in the stands of the StubHub Center in Carson."

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-leicester-pret-a-tout-pour-garder-riyad-mahrez-mais/711896

TheDream

So this is the translation of an article written today by that guy Djillit...(the best a man can get)

He's the one some of the Foxes were saying is connected to Mahrez in some way, and the one who posted that twit about him not interested in money but wants to play for a team with an established style of play.

"Leicester desperate to keep Riyad Mahrez but ...
Legs in the preparation of Leicester, with a jewel registered against Celtic, Riyad Mahrez still do not know what his future holds. An update.

It became recurring refrain after each game. Perhaps a way out the perfect umbrella on a disappointing preparation Foxes, upgraded by the PSG (4-0) or defeated by Celtic (1-1). Claudio Ranieri, the coach of the champions of England, takes center stage on the case Mahrez: "I often speak with him and tell him to stay with us. This is best for his future. I think it's smart and it will remain. "The Foxes coach knows that the threat is more pressing, and that things could accelerate in the next few days before the deadline of September 1, closed the transfer market towards the Premier League.
The Algerian was not focused on financial idea but on game principles

"If he goes to a lot of money, everyone will wait for something special," said the former coach of AS Monaco. Algerian international is not focused on financial idea but on game principles and the desire to play in a team that produces the game. Club owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha wants to keep its jewel but the information relayed by the Daily Express of an agreement on a contract extension at £ 100,000 a week is not valid. If the president, the coach or the Leicester fans want to quickly end this uncertainty, the soap around the MVP in 2016 is not over. Far from there. During the meeting between PSG and Leicester, Arsène Wenger and his assistant Steve Bould were quietly settled in the stands of the StubHub Center in Carson."

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-leicester-pret-a-tout-pour-garder-riyad-mahrez-mais/711896

What i can say about this article is that Mahrez is looking for a team with more possession and passing quality. whilst Leicester was one of the worst teams last year in these two departments, I can understand it can be frustrating not seeing much of the ball for a creative player like Mahrez

Nabil Djelit is pretty reliable when it comes to Algerian players , wouldn't be surprised if Mahrez told him himself. I'd rather have Mahrez than Lacazette who's pretty average imo, if he couldn't get ahead of Giroud for the Euros , why should we assume he'd be a better option than him in Arsenal

I don't see many strikers worth looking at tbh. Morata is too expensive for what he can do , only an idiot would play more than 40m for him
only good option is PEA but he said he won't leave Dortmund unless Madrid comes for him

So yeah there are basically less decent strikers around. Moving Alexis to CF is the better option , he was a 9 since his days in Udinese , he sure liked to cut from the wings and played along side Di Natale but still he was a striker. Ox or Iwobi could play from the left

Let's see what wenger does anyway

Last edited:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
if he couldn't get ahead of Giroud for the Euros , why should we assume he'd be a better option than him in Arsenal

I think the point is that Deschamps clearly wanted a focal point/target man when you look at not just the inclusion of Giroud but Gignac.
In reality Lacazette didn't lose out to Giroud (or Gignac) he lost out to Griezmann and Martial who were the more mobile forwards selected.

Therefore if Wenger would rather have a mobile striker then he would probably get in ahead of Giroud, what France do or don't do doesn't really have anything to do with it.

I'm not really sold one way or the other to be honest but from what I can gather he is a similar level to Giroud just with different strengths and weaknesses.

If him and Mahrez are both £40-50m then you would have to say Mahrez looks a much better player but we're crying out for a striker.

In summary:

ClintonShruggiegif.gif

WhatAFC

I think the point is that Deschamps clearly wanted a focal point/target man when you look at not just the inclusion of Giroud but Gignac.
In reality Lacazette didn't lose out to Giroud (or Gignac) he lost out to Griezmann and Martial who were the more mobile forwards selected.

Therefore if Wenger would rather have a mobile striker then he would probably get in ahead of Giroud, what France do or don't do doesn't really have anything to do with it.

This.

Someone please make this a view point for all the planks using him not going to the euros as a reason for not wanting him.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I'm not really sold one way or the other to be honest but from what I can gather he is a similar level to Giroud just with different strengths and weaknesses.

But the issue people have with Giroud isn't just his style in terms of his lack of agility and pace, it is that he isn't really good enough when you see what other teams have - Zlatan/Martial/Rashford, Kane, Lukaku, Sturridge, Aguero, Costa/Michy. Arsenal need a better striker as well as a different type of striker. Because Wenger will want to give Lacazette loads of chances to justify his £30 million + fee, it ends Arsenal's hopes of getting a top CF in for three years or more.

TheDream

If him and Mahrez are both £40-50m then you would have to say Mahrez looks a much better player but we're crying out for a striker.

In summary:

ClintonShruggiegif.gif

I don't know if you have watched enough of Laca last season because I did , first half of the season he was bad(whole team was bad tbf). Laca doesn't strike me as a type of a striker who can make things happen by himself(griezman and Martial have this). He scored 21 goals last season as much as Giroud did before joining us(Giroud had 12 ass on top of that against 3 for Laca).

What does Laca offer more than Giroud? he is a bit faster and that's all
Is he a better finisher ? of course not (both players had similar numbers in the French league and Giroud had more creativity)
Lyon will want 50-55 m for him(they rejected bids up to 40m) and to be honnest he doesn't deserve that kinda money

A player like PEA would be a complete different player to Giroud.He's fast , likes through balls and direct and has good finishing. this kinda signing could be perefered over any right winger even if it was Robben in his prime

What I am saying splash that 50m on Mahrez a proven pl quality who can contribute 25-30 goals/ass, sell Walcott , and we'll have Iwobi , Ox , Mahrez as true wingers , Özil as a playmaker in the 4-3-2-1 and put Alexis up front then you have cazorla, Coquelin , Xhaka, Ramsey for the 2 CMs

would look like

Xhaka/coquelin/Elneny cazorla/Ramsey​

Mahrez/Alexis/Özil Özil/Ramsey/Mahrez Ox/Iwobi/Alexis

Alexis/Giroud​

Pretty Decent imo and a league contender for sure and if a quality defender like Mustafi comes for like 25m it would be a solid team that can go places in the UCL

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't know if you have watched enough of Laca last season because I did , first half of the season he was bad(whole team was bad tbf). Laca doesn't strike me as a type of a striker who can make things happen by himself(griezman and Martial have this). He scored 21 goals last season as much as Giroud did before joining us(Giroud had 12 ass on top of that against 3 for Laca).

What does Laca offer more than Giroud? he is a bit faster and that's all
Is he a better finisher ? of course not (both players had similar numbers in the French league and Giroud had more creativity)
Lyon will want 50-55 m for him(they rejected bids up to 40m) and to be honnest he doesn't deserve that kinda money

A player like PEA would be a complete different player to Giroud.He's fast , likes through balls and direct and has good finishing. this kinda signing could be perefered over any right winger even if it was Robben in his prime

What I am saying splash that 50m on Mahrez a proven pl quality who can contribute 25-30 goals/ass, sell Walcott , and we'll have Iwobi , Ox , Mahrez as true wingers , Özil as a playmaker in the 4-3-2-1 and put Alexis up front then you have cazorla, Coquelin , Xhaka, Ramsey for the 2 CMs

would look like

Xhaka/coquelin/Elneny cazorla/Ramsey​

Mahrez/Alexis/Özil Özil/Ramsey/Mahrez Ox/Iwobi/Alexis

Alexis/Giroud​

Pretty Decent imo and a league contender for sure and if a quality defender like Mustafi comes for like 25m it would be a solid team that can go places in the UCL
I speak for myself and a few others when I say I can never take you seriously if you want Giroud starting up front after what we have all seen these past four years.

Bunch of masochists you lot are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom