• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
So if this is as far down the line as some have suggested, you'd imagine we'd hear something very soon about it. I have my doubts though, already seen some people saying he'll be reporting back to pre season training with Leicester as he's had zero offers.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Their is just interest at the moment if our primary targets dont come. Some absolute trash been spoken in here last few days!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes but lemar is a lw and mahrez is rw so what is wengers plan.

Good point but if we're sticking with 352/3421 then you'd think that Lemar/Mahrez would be backup/super sub for Alexis or Özil. But then if we drop into the 4231 you can utilise Alexis and Lemar/Mahrez on either wing comfortably. If Alexis goes I do think we'll go for both.

Saw that article and couldn't find anything about it on L'Equipe, which was supposedly the source.

I read it on Lequipe yesterday from one of their tweets but can't for the life of me remember which one :(

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
So if this is as far down the line as some have suggested, you'd imagine we'd hear something very soon about it. I have my doubts though, already seen some people saying he'll be reporting back to pre season training with Leicester as he's had zero offers.

That was from four days back by the Leicester Mercury. All the current commotion seems to be around why he's cut his holiday early (if that's even the case).

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I read it on Lequipe yesterday from one of their tweets but can't for the life of me remember which one :(

His father said something similar in Ouest-France back in April, but i'm pretty sure there's nothing like that in L'Equipe. That football.london article doesn't have any quotes or link to a source, and now that's being used as a source everywhere else (mirror, metro, teamtalk).

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Good point but if we're sticking with 352/3421 then you'd think that Lemar/Mahrez would be backup/super sub for Alexis or Özil. But then if we drop into the 4231 you can utilise Alexis and Lemar/Mahrez on either wing comfortably. If Alexis goes I do think we'll go for both.

Sanchez will not be sold this summer unless mbappe is in the bag

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I just searched L'Equipe, and could find no trace of any such mention of Lemar's father anywhere.

ETA:

Aaah I see @Kingslayer solved the mystery. GFFN has no source for the info, so I call bollocks.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It was from GFFN, not L'Equipe:

"Parts of Lemar’s entourage, notably his father Edwige, want the former Caen man to stay and sign an extension with AS Monaco, in order to ensure the best possible chance of being in the France squad for the 2018 World Cup."

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/thomas-lemar-benjamin-mendy-blocked-by-as-monaco/

So they're probably getting that from the article back in April in Ouest-France #oldnews

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ledition...html#!preferred/1/package/981/pub/982/page/15

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Mahrez didn't show up for training today. He's been giving extra time off "to rest", according to Football.London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom