• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robert Green

TB*Gooner*

Green is ok but I don't think he has what it takes at Arsenal. Very few good english keepers right now... David James is first choice for England while Ian Walker is third. Says a lot, right?

Germany and Italy has a lot of good keepers and especially germany have many hot prospects like Hildebrand and Weidenfeller.

I believe Tim Wiese of Kaiserslautern is a hot prospect. But I have not seen him play very much. Any of the german fans here who can tell us a little bit about him? Maybe he is the one for the future...

And as a swede I have to mention Andreas Isaksson :)
But I honestly don't think he's the one for us. He's been great in Euro 2004, that's for sure.

Arjan

TB*Gooner* said:
But I honestly don't think he's the one for us. He's been great in Euro 2004, that's for sure.

Andreas Isaksson has signed for stade Rennes as replacement for Petter Cech, who went to chelsea.
Isaksson costs Rennes 1.75 million euro, which is 1 million pounds.

TB*Gooner*

Arjan said:
TB*Gooner* said:

Andreas Isaksson has signed for stade Rennes as replacement for Petter Cech, who went to chelsea.
Isaksson costs Rennes 1.75 million euro, which is 1 million pounds.

I know about that link but he has not signed. According to Djurgarden (article on their official site from today) nothing has been settled. He is to good for Rennes that's for sure...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englisnews6190904.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/september ... 90904.html</a>

do you think it will happen, Lehmann has always looked a little shaky

lee1001

Established Member
Robert Green looks like an exellent keeper.
Buy by buying him, that would mean the end of Taylor and Stack.
So the question is, does Wenger think Taylor and Stack are potential world class goalkeepers? If not then Green has to be the man as he is definatly going to be world class.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ManUre wont buy him, they have Howard, who is a good keeper, just going thru a bit of bad spell....

AW wont buy him.... he's English, thus will be overpriced.....

he's a decent keeper, but he plays for a poor team.... Keepers always play better on poorer teams because they have less pressure to win.....

A

Anonymous

why doon't we package bentley and taylor to get him during January sales

baccy_man

Established Member
did'nt we have the chance of buying him last year . instead we went for Almunia. or was it Lehmann. the year before.
we probably would have been better of getting him last year he would have been cheaper then . i have noticed before when there is talk of us getting a player and nothing comes of it then we get the same player at a later date and the price is much higher. we could get these player cheaper if we buy them when we are first linked to them.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
A lot of Norwich fans are convinced that Green will be an Arsenal player next summer. What is it with Arsenal and English goalkeepers from East Anglian clubs?

Mark

Established Member
I'm not so sure about this, but perhaps we could offer Taylor or Stack in return. It might just happen. I think he may be overrated because he is English, but then again I can't really think of anyone else we could sign who would be any better.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope it's true as he seems solid when I see him play, but I'm not so sure we will. Guess we will have to wait and see. Also why did we get Almunia if he was in our plans.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Mark said:
he may be overrated because he is English, but then again I can't really think of anyone else we could sign who would be any better.
I can- Timo Hildebrandt. These days its best to sign a 'keeper with experience of playing in Europe.

malagar

Yes Hildebrandt would be the best choise - H e is young - 25 , but Already experienced enough . And he took the record of most clean sheets in Bundesliga last year.
Hildebrandt is a keeper who can get to the crosses well and he is a fantastic shot stopper too . Really the best option and he could solve our keeper problems for the next 10 years

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom