• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Robin Van Persie's contract situation: Signs for Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Bossa said:
When alpha dog Rooney comes back then I expect some problems. Those two won't be able to play together. Rooney will hate it if RvP becomes their vocal point and I think that Rooney will be sold in the summer.

IMO the less said about this ex gunner the better but if this scenario happens I'll have a wry smile for sure.

C'mon Rooney fk it up for us lol, you know you can do it, RVP will be banging your hookers next and taking all of your lime light, and he he's got more hair!

titi perfection

outlaw_member said:
The Jury said:
Yeah, he's sh!t really. Always was. Lucky hattrick, bottler etc.

Do stop crying lads. :lol:

Yeah, it's hilarious. Looks like they're going to discredit anything that isn't extraordinary.

But what do you expect people to do, suddenly proclaim him world class now that he is playing for manure. Some fans have never rated him highly. He had a good last season here scored a couple crackers but the rest were served up on a plate that you would expect any half decent striker to put away.

Alot of fans were quite rightly irked by the one man label last season, and did mention that any decent striker would score a bucket load for Arsenal especially when the players were bending over backwards to provide for their striker like his teamates did for him last season.

I think if anything it is the opposite on here, people will totally overrate a player when he leaves. Nasri for example was world class apparently when he left. Maybe im from another planet but when to feck was he ever world class let alone even good. Clichy a player that got abused by fans because of his headless chicken displays was suddenly one of our top players when he left.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
DiamondGooner said:
IMO the less said about this ex gunner the better but if this scenario happens I'll have a wry smile for sure.

C'mon Rooney fk it up for us lol, you know you can do it, RVP will be banging your hookers next and taking all of your lime light, and he he's got more hair!

:lol:

mo50

Established Member
titi perfection said:
outlaw_member said:
The Jury said:
Yeah, he's sh!t really. Always was. Lucky hattrick, bottler etc.

Do stop crying lads. :lol:

Yeah, it's hilarious. Looks like they're going to discredit anything that isn't extraordinary.

But what do you expect people to do, suddenly proclaim him world class now that he is playing for manure. Some fans have never rated him highly. He had a good last season here scored a couple crackers but the rest were served up on a plate that you would expect any half decent striker to put away.

I disagree. RvP's been world class for 18 straight months now, IMO the best CF in the world. If you remember last season we were worshipping the ground he walked on. Let's not rewrite history, United signed comfortably the best player in the PL last season. I thought he may struggle not being the main man at United but I was wrong, he is the main man. What he's very good at is timing his runs and with United's width based style of play and consistent delivery into the box, not to mention a consistent stream of penalties provided by inept refereeing at Old Trafford, he'll thrive. Only injuries can stop him.

If anyone didn't rate him highly after last season than I've got nothing to say to them.

Poacher

Makes me sick to see RvP tearing up the league for those scumbags from Manchester.

As said above, only injuries will stop him. He is the best striker in the world right now.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
RVP didn’t even bother saying one good word about the club and the man that took him in as a naïve and an ill disciplined young lad that Feyenoord desperately wanted to get rid of and then turned him into the best striker in the world.

When he was accused of rape and the whole world seemed to turn on him AFC, Arsène and Gooners stood right behind him and never doubted his innocence and I remember Arsène came out with all guns blazing and offered him a public support just like we all did in every football forum that we could access to and yet he chose to repay us by literally spitting on our faces!

I didn’t watch his interview and I’m glad I didn’t because I don’t think I could bear watch him talking about ‘the kid inside him crying for Manure’...f*ck you talking about? What kind of f*cked up analogy is that?

I found that comment far more disrespectful to AFC than the statement he posted on his website and that’s when I’ve realised and finally accepted that this guy is dead to me and he can go to hell for all I care because I love Arsenal FC more than any player.

Rant over and I’m done with this motherf*cking thread.

Proof

Established Member
SomGooner said:
RVP didn’t even bother saying one good word about the club and the man that took him in as a naïve and an ill disciplined young lad that Feyenoord desperately wanted to get rid of.
Van Persie started his press conference by thanking Arsenal Football Club, Wenger, technical staff and the fans for all the help.

titi perfection

Interesting stats. We all know who scored the most goals last season. But who was really the most clinical striker. Interesting that nearly 70% of RVP'S goals came from tap ins, served on a plate by his teammates. And they were calling us a one man team haha. Well done media.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eplindex.com/14273/best-premier-league-striker-opta-stats-analysis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eplindex.com/14273/best-prem ... lysis.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Le Professeur

Established Member
Tbf he misses his fair share of chances as well. Then again he makes up for it almost everytime.

One of the best strikers in the world for sure. Gutted we've sold him to the **** but it's happened, let's move on.

Invincible

Established Member
I have to say, it was extremely depressing to watch him score a hattrick for that lot. I hope our board are proud, bunch of ****ing ****s.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
GDeep said:
Its traumatic stuff this, I didn't know he scored a hatty until I watched MOTD.

I can't even watch a Manure game anymore, im struggling tbh with this situation.

I watched Lambert put Soton ahead, and the other guy put Soton ahead again, and loving the moment Kelvin Davies saved that penalty..

but ... alas.... :(

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
He's unfortunately started brilliantly, better than I though and is going to get allot of goals, but I made this point before and I think the season is highlighting it

HAVE UNITED STRENGTHENED A STRONG AREA OF THEIR SQUAD AT THE EXPENSE OF IGNORING THEIR GLARING WEAKNESSES?

I think they have, they've lost to Everton where they were outplayed and conceeded 2 to Southampton, nearly losing. So far they've conceeded 5 in 3 games without yet playing a top5 team, if they continued that trend they'd concede 63 goals in a season

They won't win the title

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Agreed, I said even when they bought van Judas, they won't win the title. In fact, opening weekend I marched down to Bet Fred and stuck a tenna on Yanited ending the season trophyless. The returns are brilliant, something like £320.

Yanited were fine upfront, they had Rooney, Welbeck (who everyone seems to rate highly but me, I think he's average/ ****), Hernandez, THEN Berbatov, Keane and Macheda, who 3 years ago was going to be the next Totti or something.

Yanited bought Robin to make a statement, and ignored the REAL issues. Like a good combative central midfielder to allow them to play the system they seem to love, and an established centre half to be able to provide immediate cover for the declining Ferdinand and the injury hit Vidic. Smalling and Jones are good prospects in all fairness, but have looked most comfortable anywhere but centre back :lol:, Jones vs. Newcastle at St. James' Park comes to mind. I'm also sure Smalling played at centre back against Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League, where he had a night to forget. Evra is also shocking now, I don't know if anyone's noticed, I know they signed Buttner but he has Fergie Flop written all over him IMO.

Song Billong

That's some RAWKish stuff there.

The side that finished equal top just added the best striker into their squad. Smalling will be a quality CB, not too sure about Jones just yet but he certainly has a lot of potential and a big physique.

Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand will be a worry for them. Also they don't seem to have a nailed-on RB either. As much as they love Rafael, he still makes too many costly mistakes - not that I'm complaining though.

Midfield is their biggest worry, though if Fletcher can recapture his best form then their midfield issues will have been hugely overstated. Though that's a big IF. They have a fairly good mix in Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverly and Kagawa. Scholes can still run games at his age, but it's a bit of a joke that they still rely on him (and Giggs) as much as they do.

I'm surprised they didn't make a move for Dembele, or any other CM for that matter. Maybe Ferguson sees Rooney as a midfielder/utility player, now that Van Persie is signed.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Song Billong said:
That's some RAWKish stuff there.

The side that finished equal top just added the best striker into their squad. Smalling will be a quality CB, not too sure about Jones just yet but he certainly has a lot of potential and a big physique.

Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand will be a worry for them. Also they don't seem to have a nailed-on RB either. As much as they love Rafael, he still makes too many costly mistakes - not that I'm complaining though.

Midfield is their biggest worry, though if Fletcher can recapture his best form then their midfield issues will have been hugely overstated. Though that's a big IF. They have a fairly good mix in Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverly and Kagawa. Scholes can still run games at his age, but it's a bit of a joke that they still rely on him (and Giggs) as much as they do.

I'm surprised they didn't make a move for Dembele, or any other CM for that matter. Maybe Ferguson sees Rooney as a midfielder/utility player, now that Van Persie is signed.

Nope, I just don't really rate them. Seriously.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pity Servet doesn't play for Turkey anymore.

Just come across a cute picture btw - <a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/Arsenalhou/status/240675051970629632/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/Arsenalhou/status/24 ... 32/photo/1</a>

awwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom