• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga (Out-Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's got good physical tools and a good attitude, I'm personally content with him as a depth piece and would send him on a developmental role if he's surplus to requirements. The latter would probably be best, think gametime is his biggest obstacle atm. Premature to move him on completely imo.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I don't believe this. In his very recent interview, he was very confident about this season and so positive about working with Arteta.
He isn't going out crying he hates Arsenal and Arteta... Unless you are Torreira and wants to never play again for the team. A loan is a part of development and helps more than playing 2 minutes in a month.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The lad needs games.
Worth keeping this season for cups & cover in the league. Even then that wont be a lot.

If we bring someone in, loan him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't believe this. In his very recent interview, he was very confident about this season and so positive about working with Arteta.
All still could be valid if it's just a loan. He needs to start and he has no business starting here the way he is now lets be honest.

Arteta doesn't even know what to do with him (recently spoke about trying different roles and finding out where he's comfortable).

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
All still could be valid if it's just a loan. He needs to start and he has no business starting here the way he is now lets be honest.

Arteta doesn't even know what to do with him (recently spoke about trying different roles and finding out where he's comfortable).
He'll definitely at least get around 8 starts (europa and league cup) and few sub appearances in the league (more if partey is out) till mid point of the season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just seen that clip on Twitter of Nketiah and Lokonga. Think there’s something in this rumour of him heading out. He’s also on the fringe of the Belgium squad so is probably desperate to play.

A CM signing and he’s 7th choice in midfield.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just seen that clip on Twitter of Nketiah and Lokonga. Think there’s something in this rumour of him heading out. He’s also on the fringe of the Belgium squad so is probably desperate to play.

A CM signing and he’s 7th choice in midfield.
Wouldn't be too surprised either tbh. I think it might be a Tavares situation however. Where Arteta likes him but doesn't trust him enough to give him significant time in the first team currently for whatever reason so he goes on loan.

FWIW, I was pleasantly surprised by his turn at LCM so I'm surprised he isn't in with more opportunities but given that Granit Xhaka is the most ubiquitous player in the Arsenal squad bar none and has been for years, it's probably gonna be a struggle shifting him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't be too surprised either tbh. I think it might be a Tavares situation however. Where Arteta likes him but doesn't trust him enough to give him significant time in the first team currently for whatever reason so he goes on loan.

FWIW, I was pleasantly surprised by his turn at LCM so I'm surprised he isn't in with more opportunities but given that Granit Xhaka is the most ubiquitous player in the Arsenal squad bar none and has been for years, it's probably gonna be a struggle shifting him.
Partey/Elneny
Ødegaard/Vieira
Xhaka/Lokonga

Tielemans comes in and he isn’t playing a minute of PL football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All these young players need development periods of 2 seasons at least. That’s why I always bang on about it.

He’ll go on loan this season, maybe come back next season and maybe get the odd chances. That’s 3 years of very little impact.

Good luck to him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All these young players need development periods of 2 seasons at least. That’s why I always bang on about it.

He’ll go on loan this season, maybe come back next season and maybe get the odd chances. That’s 3 years of very little impact.

Good luck to him.
I think Arteta is big on him as he trusts Kompany's judgement of him being Yaya 2.0. He'll be kept unless the player is becoming a problem or wants out. A loan looks obvious.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd rather dump Elneny and give him a backup role, there's gonna be 2 domestic cups plus the EL games so should be enough for squad players. Saying that, we could see Arteta going full strength even during the group stage of the EL.

A loan in January would be a much better option IMO

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What's his actual position ?

Arteta on Sambi Lokonga...

We are trying. Where he fits comfortable and can develop in the best possible way. He's really comfortable playing in that position (pre season he played left sided no.8) and we want to try and see what he can bring in that position as well. It is true that now we are missing Emile and Fabio another so that position was a little bit shot and he's done well.

Sambi clarifies his position..

Asked to name his preferred position – No.6 or No.8 – in a Q&A with the club’s website, Lokonga replied: ‘That’s a good question. I like to be a No.8 so I can attack and I can defend.

‘More freedom, that’s what I like. But I also like No.6 so it’s difficult!

‘I like both but the most important thing for me is to be on the pitch.’

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think he’ll go out on loan later in the window.

No way he stays for 10 cup games and a few league cameos. Shocked by how down he seems to be not to be playing. he clearly expected to be a main player when he joined.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Think he’ll go out on loan later in the window.

No way he stays for 10 cup games and a few league cameos. Shocked by how down he seems to be not to be playing. he clearly expected to be a main player when he joined.

:lol:

I actually forgot about this. Either way, I think his goose is cooked at Arsenal anyways he's better off going elsewhere.

chessygoal

I really hope we loan him to a PL team he seems to struggle when pressed and needs to learn how to cope with PL intensity

lomekian

Essays are my thing

:lol:

I actually forgot about this. Either way, I think his goose is cooked at Arsenal anyways he's better off going elsewhere.
If you read the article, he talks about being humiliated the same way he would be if he was on the pitch when City stuffed us. He was talking about being humiliated by the defeat. Don't anyone fall for the misleading headline by a horrible crappy paper stirring up trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom