• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga (Out-Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kompany been bugging up Lokonga as if he’s the next Toure or something.. why is he reluctant then of paying £15m rather than taking him on loan ?
We have insert some obligation but Lokonga can't see he'd like to live in Burnley and kompany won't stay there in future

TornadoTed

Established Member
Kompany been bugging up Lokonga as if he’s the next Toure or something.. why is he reluctant then of paying £15m rather than taking him on loan ?
I think fans of top clubs have a pretty warped view of transfer fees, I am guilty of it myself at times. It's so easy to do when your club goes out and spends £200m in a couple of weeks.

£15m would make him Burnley's joint record highest signing, a huge outlay for a club with their limited resources. I could see the paying it next Summer if they can stay up and he has a good season there on loan but not this Summer when they are among the favourites to get relegated.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think fans of top clubs have a pretty warped view of transfer fees, I am guilty of it myself at times. It's so easy to do when your club goes out and spends £200m in a couple of weeks.

£15m would make him Burnley's joint record highest signing, a huge outlay for a club with their limited resources. I could see the paying it next Summer if they can stay up and he has a good season there on loan but not this Summer when they are among the favourites to get relegated.
Also Sambi might not want to join Burnley on a permanent transfer.

Another point is that Sambi is not needed by Arsenal, so the other clubs try to rather loan him for cheap. Possibly attach an option to buy at a certain sum, so if he exceeds expectations, they can buy him for not big money after proving his worth.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think Kompany can get Sambi playing some good stuff, with some regular gametime. If there is an option, then lets make it a high option.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
If Burnley can go 19m for James Trafford. A 19 year old City goal keeper who has only ever played League One football out on loan. They can atleast give our money back for Lokonga (16m).

Were shouldnt be doing any favours to Kompany if he is going to help out City like that.

HomeSteak

Established Member
If Burnley can go 19m for James Trafford. A 19 year old City goal keeper who has only ever played League One football out on loan. They can atleast give our money back for Lokonga (16m).

Were shouldnt be doing any favours to Kompany if he is going to help out City like that.
Yeah well they are landering citys money to be fair. They would never pay that much for him, City is probably giving them the money back in some Cyprus account....

Kuroske

We have insert some obligation but Lokonga can't see he'd like to live in Burnley and kompany won't stay there in future

He still needs to pay the bills. Only a few players can have the luxury to choose the city they wants to play for. Unproven players like Lokonga should be glad clubs willing to give him a chance to showcase his ability.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still needs to pay the bills. Only a few players can have the luxury to choose the city they wants to play for. Unproven players like Lokonga should be glad clubs willing to give him a chance to showcase his ability.
I think there will be few clubs want him if Burnley want him at least he should use this opportunity to develop further and move to better club in future

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I had a lot of time for Sambi this season, still don't think he's cut out to be a #6 like Arteta mentioned and more of an #8. The talent is there, but that was never the issue with him.

Felt like he was trying his hardest to hide at some points. Hopefully we move him on permanently, but it's clear that our midfield dynamics do not fit him as much and vice-versa.

Think it's safe to say he's had a somewhat fair crack of the whip, some bright spots in games, but never enough to really catch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom