• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Re: Samir Nasri - this thread could be bad for your health

TBH the first few games should all be won but easier said than done. If we win the first 3 games(1st always important to win) then that momentum can just keep building up a bit like last year but its over a course of the season where we see if this team has mettle and can maintain their conditions.
Remember our squad isnt that big and I just hope Wenger builds on it and we would definetly win the prem because no matter what he says, players get tired and injuries can happen from out of nowhere as we know.

Just replacing Hleb and maybe Ade isnt good enough for me, not one bit and IMO wouldnt get us the title

Nothings happened yet but im only being brutally honest

qs

Established Member

From the bottom of the Hleb to Barca story in the Guardian

"Arsenal have lined up a replacement for Hleb in Samir Nasri, the France and Marseille midfielder. Like Hleb he is an instinctive and skilful player, with pace, vision and a good temperament. Nasri's last contract at Marseille had a buy-out clause of €17m (£13.5m) but Arsenal are ready to announce a deal for slightly less."

Paddy from Sweden

Less? Wouldn't mind that. :)

L'Equipe has his transfer fee listed as €16.8m so I guess that thing about the buy-out clause being somewhere in that region might be correct.

Gunner4life09

Any idea how long his contract would have lasted, then we will be able to calculate how much he was getting paid perhaps?

Feanor

Established Member

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
TBH the first few games should all be won but easier said than done. If we win the first 3 games(1st always important to win) then that momentum can just keep building up a bit like last year but its over a course of the season where we see if this team has mettle and can maintain their conditions.
Remember our squad isnt that big and I just hope Wenger builds on it and we would definetly win the prem because no matter what he says, players get tired and injuries can happen from out of nowhere as we know.

Just replacing Hleb and maybe Ade isnt good enough for me, not one bit and IMO wouldnt get us the title

I disagree with that, I've been trying to be nice and not say out right because everyone was enamored with Hleb's form last season, but he's one of the reasons we faded down the stretch. As I've said before, I believe Hleb a luxury, not a must have, the dude cannot win games just for the simple fact that he can't score. Ade did great but honestly, any half decent striker should score 30 goals on our team with the amount of chances we create for them. We'll miss Ade more than Hleb which is why I'm hoping he stays but neither of them are essential to our title ambitions, far from it.A fit RvP is far more important than either of those guys. Just my opinion, now where the hell is Nasri?

beepos

Feanor said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

I disagree with that, I've been trying to be nice and not say out right because everyone was enamored with Hleb's form last season, but he's one of the reasons we faded down the stretch. As I've said before, I believe Hleb a luxury, not a must have, the dude cannot win games just for the simple fact that he can't score. Ade did great but honestly, any half decent striker should score 30 goals on our team with the amount of chances we create for them. We'll miss Ade more than Hleb which is why I'm hoping he stays but neither of them are essential to our title ambitions, far from it.A fit RvP is far more important than either of those guys. Just my opinion, now where the hell is Nasri?

Agree completely. You can argue that Hleb's importance is more than just what his statistics show, but I'd rather have a guy who scores 15-20 goals per season instead.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Yep a winger should be able to create space while also being able to score goals, Hleb hasn't been effective in this respect.

Feanor

Established Member

We need a pires-type player...like that nasri guy...damn you!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

beepos said:
Agree completely. You can argue that Hleb's importance is more than just what his statistics show, but I'd rather have a guy who scores 15-20 goals per season instead.
i would be happy with a winger who could score 10-12 much less 15-20. we havent had one of those since Bobby

Jameel46

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
Nasri and Vela will be Hleb's replacements, and I'm not really happy with that.

for some reason i think both of them will get many more goals than hleb has done for us in the same amount of appearances, wouldn't be too unhappy with that improvement!! Hleb is obviously more creative than Nasri but let's not forget how we used to criticise him for spinning around in one place before we learnt to love it!! Nasri will be more direct than Hleb which should help us more in getting and creating goals.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Jameel46 said:
for some reason i think both of them will get many more goals than hleb has done for us in the same amount of appearances, wouldn't be too unhappy with that improvement!! Hleb is obviously more creative than Nasri but let's not forget how we used to criticise him for spinning around in one place before we learnt to love it!! Nasri will be more direct than Hleb which should help us more in getting and creating goals.

I think we'e going to need to change our game a little to accomodate Nasi and Vela properly.

Whether or not one considers Hleb to be a good or great player, he was only behind Cesc in terms of his influence to our game.

Nasri and Vela might be able to mitigate his loss, but I'm still scared either way.

nazo

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
According to the daily star we signed him today.

Are you taking about Huntelaar btw or Nasri?

asajoseph

Established Member

Nah, this article has a bit about Nasri at the bottom, saying we signed him on Thurs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/43667/Gunner-get-Jan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... r-get-Jan/</a>

Though, from the tone, it sounds about as reliable as an Arsenal winger.

Gunner Ossie

SSN confirm signing of samir

and so do arsenal

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=493818&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Samir+Nasri+agrees+to+join+Arsenal+from+Marseille" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... +Marseille</a>

GunneDown

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=493818&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Samir+Nasri+agrees+to+join+Arsenal+from+Marseille" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... +Marseille</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom