Samuel Umtiti

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by OnlyOne, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

I'd only take him on loan with option so we can assess his situation injury wise over a season.

2. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

The problem with that is we would be kind of writing off the center back positions for this season. With every single CB we have except Sokratis either having fitness issues, wanting to go or their capabilities not clear, we can't afford to be assessing Umtiti. Besides his injury troubles, even if he doesn't get injured, how long he has been out and the type of injuries he has had, it is almost guaranteed he will need time to get back to his best. Add adapting to a new team and league and we are really asking for everything to align for him to be able to improve us.

3. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

Umtiti is 183cm in Wikipedia

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Have we even been properly linked to Umtiti in a while? I can't really see it happening, Barca aren't exactly loaded with CB's. If I were them it'd make no sense to let him go unless they're planning on bringing in a couple of CB's in the next few weeks.

5. HairSprayGooners

It would be the exact same scenario as getting someone like Rugani in on loan. Having Umtiti to play whilst Holding gets back to fitness would be superb.

Every player from a different league would take time to adapt, its an unknown at the end of the day. Buying from within the league will be impossible for us now. We have to go abroad.

6. Guntalk12

Guntalk12 Member

Why let common sense get in the way of a good transfer rumour?

7. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

It's like Benzema a few years ago, Real literally had no alternative CF option to Benzema but people were still convincing themselves that we could sign him. :lol:

Guntalk12 likes this.
  8. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Was fun.

Guntalk12 likes this.
  9. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Unless Barca are going for Neymar this window. If they need to raise funds / clear wages thats probably when you could pick up a Umtiti / Coutinho.

10. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

They are going for Neymar. The whole galaxy know it

11. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Mustafi is worse then a gamble so...

12. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

I doubt they have enough CB's to let him go but a loan would be perfect. Don't see any links so this is probably dead though.

13. HairSprayGooners

Lock this up.

Iceman10 and SingmeasongSong like this.
  14. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Can't say I was convinced about Umtiti but unfortunately it looks like 'Rugani or bust' for CB now, unless the club pulls another surprise!

15. Camron

Camron Established Member

Raul has a coke-filled penthouse overlooking Miami Beach.

EmeryCouldnt likes this.
  16. liam1om

liam1om Member

Quite incredible really. Our defence was terrible last year, with just a few days left of the transfer window we've actually managed to make it worse with Koscielny leaving.

Yes, the Pepe purchase was great and we did really need a winger, but to not have added to the defence this year is poor.

Really hope they pull something out the bag, otherwise this season will be a struggle again.

LG10 likes this.
  17. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

18. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’ve had enough, this rollercoaster is too much for me.

Trilly likes this.
  19. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

He’s from The Sun isn’t he?

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Barca only got 4 CB they not loan us Umtiti.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.