• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenkbc2

Dokaka said:
Imagine if you sign Dempsey now and Cazorla goes to Chelsea. This forum would be down for weeks!

Ok, now thats not funny.. :evil:

Don't think some of us here have gotten over the Matagate affair yet.. :)

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
Imagine if you sign Dempsey now and Cazorla goes to Chelsea. This forum would be down for weeks!
imagine if we signed Messi and Ronaldo and just to rub it in made a bid for ... (I was going to suggest one the players from your team but I really dont want any of them)

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
jmsmtthw28 said:
Dokaka said:
imagine if we signed Messi and Ronaldo and just to rub it in made a bid for ... (I was going to suggest one the players from your team but I really dont want any of them)

Quite surprising that you don't want any players from a newly promoted side managed by Sam Allardyce. We're like the London Hub of brilliant, technical footballing talent.

Haven't you heard of Carlton Cole? He's like Drogba, without the skillset.

TheCMT

Established Member
JFR: Xavi "Have you seen Santi Cazorla? You think I’m small, he’s up to here on me [Xavi signals his chest]. And yet he’s brilliant."

One of the best signings we have made in ages.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And here I thought you were a Chelsea fan
But on that Chelsea thing, I can't think of a any player I will really want to sign from Chelsea
I mean Mata is good but we are getting Cazorla
I have heard Oscar is going to be a great player but I will stick with Wilshere (I will stick with Wilshere against any young midfielder)
Hazard who I have seen a lot of in the last 2 years will struggle for a while in the PL in my view, will need at least 2 season to be physically ready for the league similar to Nasri
The only player I really like is Romeu a player like him would have been a perfect second to Song
Terry, Lampard are too old and Drogba is gone
Torres is not the player he once used to be

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Fairly confident Mata would go straight into your starting XI on either RW or LW. But you're right, their team is not as good as Arsenal.

Weird saying actually. It's been a loooong time since you could confidently say that you're better than Chelsea, player for player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Cazorla will cost us about the same as Pool will reportedly pay for Joe Allen.

Cazorla will cost about the same as spuds paid for Bentley

Why do thoughts along these lines make people so happy here, yet its the very same Scrooge McDuck syndrome that has resulted in us losing out on some good players.

Yes, a good piece of business done but lets also remember the conditions surrounding this deal. In a normal world Gazidis and co would have let us down yet again.

And for the record, Im also not saying we need to spend 50 million.

ibby

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Fairly confident Mata would go straight into your starting XI on either RW or LW. But you're right, their team is not as good as Arsenal.

Weird saying actually. It's been a loooong time since you could confidently say that you're better than Chelsea, player for player.
Not just Mata. Cech, Cole, David Luiz, Ramires, Hazard and probably even the likes of Terry, Cahill and Oscar will all push as starters for Arsenal.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
ibby said:
Dokaka said:

Not just Mata. Cech, Cole, David Luiz, Ramires, Hazard and probably even the likes of Terry, Cahill and Oscar will all push as starters for Arsenal.

Terry wouldn't fit the system.

Cech.. Yeah, probably. But I'd put my faith in the Szczesny personally; the more he plays, the faster he becomes great.

Cole, yes.

David Luiz? No way. Vermaelen is better than him and Koscielny is better than Vermaelen.

Ramires is an interesting one. Even though he had a good season, I struggle to see who he would replace. Arteta? Cazorla? Song? Wilshere? Sahin if he signs?

Hazard is an unknown quality, but if he hits the ground running he'd replace Gervinho or Walcott no doubt.

Oscar is a completely unknown quality. Haven't seen anything from him that puts him above any of your starting midfielders.

Wouldn't start Cahill above Koscielny or Vermaelen. He could perhaps replace Mertesacker though, mainly because he fits Wenger's system a bit better.

ibby

Established Member
David Luiz has gone from severely overrated to severely underrated. I thought he was absolutely fantastic from Febuary on and pulled out much greater performances than Vermaelen has ever produced. Should go on to establish himself as one of the best in the world now.

Can Oscar and Hazard play a forward pass and score a goal quite often? If so then they're already better players than Ramsey and Rosicky, who were both starters last season. Hazard can also replace Gervinho/Walcott outwide.

Ramires is brilliant and can play in any of our midfield roles, preferably at the tip of our trident running from
deep. Would love him at Arsenal.

Reeson4

Sp**s fan has just come into work and told me the exact same thing, Possibly from talk ****e on the way to work..

if its done i expect to see photos this morning.

ibby

Established Member
trunks206 said:
I think im up to 10 or so arsenal.com page refreshes in the last 1.5 hours. What number are you guys at?
None. I'll get an update on Twitter if anything changes. :?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: How many Santi Cazorla is done quotes do we need before some of you believe ?

DiamondGooner

Established Member
celestis said:
:lol: How many Santi Cazorla is done quotes do we need before some of you believe ?

When it's announced on AFC.com!

Like I said before when our hopes and dreams have been crushed so many times before you start to feel like a 1940's housewife ..... we won't believe it until it's "official".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom