• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I always go back to this article when we mere average Joe's talk about footballers and wages https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-player-wage-cut-matt-hancock

I get why players wont want leave but then there are others like Sokratis who wants to go play football. So what it comes down to in my mind is the character of said players. And we have too many players with bad character. Yes you might get the odd one who can rightly says I've a contract and I'm not leaving. But it says more about that person individually that they dont want to play. They are already multi millionaires and have more money than theyll ever spend. But theyd just rather waste about. Bums.

WhatAFC

I always go back to this article when we mere average Joe's talk about footballers and wages https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-player-wage-cut-matt-hancock

I get why players wont want leave but then there are others like Sokratis who wants to go play football. So what it comes down to in my mind is the character of said players. And we have too many players with bad character. Yes you might get the odd one who can rightly says I've a contract and I'm not leaving. But it says more about that person individually that they dont want to play. They are already multi millionaires and have more money than theyll ever spend. But theyd just rather waste about. Bums.
Terrible article.
You literally have no idea the outgoings or obligations that some of these footballers have to extended families etc. To some players it’s just a job. Some players know they’re unlikely to win big titles in their career. Even less likely if they move to a smaller team. People throw, it’s a squad game, then kick up a stink when I player is happy to just be a squad member.

You say they’ll have more money than they’ll ever spend? Players still go broke now, so that’s hardly the case.

In the case of kola, Tierney was injured multiple times in the season. So staying to fight for his place, he probably thinks he’ll get a decent amount of games.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Terrible article.
You literally have no idea the outgoings or obligations that some of these footballers have to extended families etc. To some players it’s just a job. Some players know they’re unlikely to win big titles in their career. Even less likely if they move to a smaller team. People throw, it’s a squad game, then kick up a stink when I player is happy to just be a squad member.

You say they’ll have more money than they’ll ever spend? Players still go broke now, so that’s hardly the case.

In the case of kola, Tierney was injured multiple times in the season. So staying to fight for his place, he probably thinks he’ll get a decent amount of games.
show me a list of players who played at the very top who are now broke? guys earning 20 - 30k per week plus. I'd imagine it's a very small sample compared to the amount of players actually earning those amounts.

You have no idea of a footballers obligations either so not sure what you're going on about. I'd rather take the word of someone who is a pro and run with that. Footballers are no different to us. A short career, if a player goes from youth to retirement their career is longer than what most people spend in a single job. You, me and everyone else for us to retire and to have any chance of a normal income we need to be saving from 20 to the day we retire. Footballers should be no different. 5% investments is massive with their income. They need to plan just like the rest of us. Only theyve got enough money to pay off all their big expenses, mortgages, cars pretty dam early. Most Joe Public have their mortgages aligned to their retirement age.

Do players have the right to sit on a fat contract, yes. Do players need to do that, no. They dont need to but they want to. Guys like Bale and Özil who have no desire to push themselves. They forget what they fell in love with. They feel no obligation to the club or fans. And it's a dam shame that that happens. But it's perfectly their right to do it.

daron christie

What a mess I don’t think our expectations for sorting this squad should be so high...this transfer market is the most difficult one to operate in...the players on high wages are going to be hard to shift as no one knows when crowds will be allowed back in...I mean there even talking about Christmas being cancelled as we know it

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why TF did Ivan give him a six year contract FFS

LeadFarmer

We can always loan Kola to recoup some of the wages but he’s an ok sub for Tierney in 3-4-3. He’s a decent backup.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He fought off a couple off muggers that were armed with knives., For my part he can stay as long as he likes

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I hope it's true that he staying. One of better LBs in the league.

If we are to play 3 at the back with Tierney at at CB. We should really play AMN RWB (he is no LWB) and Kola at LWB. As its clear to see that Kola is far superior wing back than Bellerin.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

If we are to play 3 at the back with Tierney at at CB. We should really play AMN RWB (he is no LWB) and Kola at LWB. As its clear to see that Kola is far superior wing back than Bellerin.
:lol::lol::lol:

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off

I swear at times I think you're a troll/bot

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
What did I say that's incorrect?
You said Partey would be a gamble but you would be sad if Kolasinac and Torreira, 2 players that aren't in our plans at all, leave.

Kolasinac one of the better LB's in the league ?? Are you serious ?? You surely can't be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom