• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Tell me who is, and available for purchase at a decent price?

Mendy will cost too much considering the other holes we have to fill in this side.

That's the attitude that will forever hold us back tbh. Let's not go for the obvious upgrade but instead money ball our way to filling a hole.

Just pay the **** up. If there's a realistic chance you can sign Mendy, do it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's the attitude that will forever hold us back tbh. Let's not go for the obvious upgrade but instead money ball our way to filling a hole.

You want a top CM and top CF too though? We're not City.

If our budget allows then do it, but we all know we're not that club.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When has a player joined a club just to develop or improve his skills? You join for money, status etc.

Watching Milan I'm not sure they are the defensive masters of past years either.
Proper Milan name, Kolasinac, could see him being their LB for the next 10 years. Here I doubt he'll last 2 years with his injuries and lack of help defensively, the guy will be dreading games.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mate, Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea want Mendy, like Hazard, we won't be able to compete. They'll be offering mad sums.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

You want a top CM and top CF too though? We're not City.

If our budget allows then do it, but we all know we're not that club.

Like we're going to get a top CF - let's just give that one up, don't see any top ones on the market.

You can get a top CM prospect like Keita or Tielemans for a reasonable fee.

LB, CM, another top attacker (most likely wide player). We can do that especially if we sell one of our under performing Brits.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Mate, Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea want Mendy, like Hazard, we won't be able to compete. They'll be offering mad sums.

My point was that if he's available you try and sign him, we're not even in the conversation. If you get blown out of the water by the Mancs and Chelsea then fair enough.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My point was that if he's available you try and sign him, we're not even in the conversation. If you get blown out of the water by the Mancs and Chelsea then fair enough.
We probably did ask about him a few months back, same time as the rest of the top clubs did, absolutely no chance we were getting him.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We probably did ask about him a few months back, same time as the rest of the top clubs did, absolutely no chance we were getting him.

Will be interesting to see if he's sold this summer and for what fee.

BBF

He is easily better option then Monreal, strong, quick, better final ball, not afraid of anyone. Fans of our national team love him. Trust me he's great addition for Arsenal. His physical presence in our defense will help alot.

Based on what? Monreal's a better defender, and looks like he has a better final ball. Not bothered about whether he goes to the gym or not.

Based on what? Monreal's a better defender, and looks like he has a better final ball. Not bothered about whether he goes to the gym or not.

31 vs 23 years of age in first place, than everything else, strenght(!), speed, passing, cockynes (is that the right term?).

It's not that hard to be better left back than Monreal isnt' it? He got outmuscled by every other player in the premier league and I think he should be visiting gym. Every time he faced rocks like Benteke, Lukaku, Ibrahimović he got bullied like a little kid.

When was the last time he created something attacking wise?

ARSNLNO1

A shrewd bit of business if true and so refreshing to see us sign a player who can actually play in that position. No doubt the lad will need to work on his passing but as a defender he is excellent and exactly the type of player you need if you want to see out a game which Arsenal have not been able to do for some time.

The added bones of him not costing a transfer fee means we have more powder dry for other positions. Bring back Wilshere & Szezney and that's two more positions sorted for free. Now all we need is to shift all the dead wood and buy a CB a DM a Winger and a new Striker and we're back in the game.... no pressure! :lol:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Uncle Ivan is gone rogue. Checked with mates from statDNA and made a late improve offer.

4489566-2514372149-Domin.jpg

Relic

I know it's youtube, but I expected someone who looked totally **** the way some poster are going on, but he looks like a good left-back who can defend for once.

Xhaka Zulu

Seems to be another signing pinched off Everton:

http://1.ftb.al/zNTc/MpXUVtHMmC

However, Arsenal stole in for the highly-rated left-back by offering a greater salary than the Toffees could manage and he will compete with Nacho Monreal for a starting place at the Emirates Stadium.

Kolasinac, who has 23 international caps but represented Germany throughout youth football, is the second player in less than 12 months that Arsenal have pinched from underneath the noses of Everton, after Lucas Perez signed from Deportivo La Coruna last August for £17m

Let's hope he doesn't end up like Perez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom