• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seems to be another signing pinched off Everton:

http://1.ftb.al/zNTc/MpXUVtHMmC

However, Arsenal stole in for the highly-rated left-back by offering a greater salary than the Toffees could manage and he will compete with Nacho Monreal for a starting place at the Emirates Stadium.

Kolasinac, who has 23 international caps but represented Germany throughout youth football, is the second player in less than 12 months that Arsenal have pinched from underneath the noses of Everton, after Lucas Perez signed from Deportivo La Coruna last August for £17m

Let's hope he doesn't end up like Perez.

Yeh, lets hope this guy actually gets a fair chance rather than being ignored for having the audacity to score a hatrick in the CL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know it's youtube, but I expected someone who looked totally **** the way some poster are going on, but he looks like a good left-back who can defend for once.

I like the look of him, big & strong but still quick. Looks like a big improvment on Monreal & Gibbs. If Wenger is planing on signing a new contract, I hope he brings in more players with this physique, we've been a soft touch for too long.

Xhaka Zulu

Yeh, lets hope this guy actually gets a fair chance rather than being ignored for having the audacity to score a hatrick in the CL.

Think he comes at the right time for that left back spot. Monreal is already above 30 and Gibbs is Gibbs. So if he's decent he should take that spot eventually.

Regarding Perez: I'm a fan of his, just to be clear.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think he comes at the right time for that left back spot. Monreal is already above 30 and Gibbs is Gibbs. So if he's decent he should take that spot eventually.

Regarding Perez: I'm a fan of his, just to be clear.

I think many of us are, unfortunately Wenger isn't!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Have we solved our LB problem or does Wenger have other plans for Kolasinac? We all know how Wenger loves to move players to other positions, well Kolasinac can play across the back but could also be paired with Xhaka in the middle. He certainly has the speed that Xhaka lacks, could be interesting and as long as we upgrade Monreal & Gibbs at LB I dont mind where Kolasinac plays, as long as he's a huge success for Arsenal.

https://paininthearsenal.com/2017/04/15/arsenal-everything-you-need-to-know-about-sead-kolasinac/

Malky

Established Member
It goes unnoticed but Nacho is probably top 5 in the squad on the ball, has a really good first touch.
Like @Gooner Zig said, " His first touch is silk " his close control in general is quality, he's a great player who I've always rated very highly. His lack of pace was always the worry with him, but his reading of the game masked that flaw to an extent, but this season he has been exposed quite a few times.
As for Kolasinac, looks like he's a more defensivly solid, Gibbs on steriods.

BobP

Memri Fan
Interesting that he chose to represent Bosnia at senior level, after representing Germany at youth level.

Could have easily broke into the German team with their well documented lack of decent fullbacks.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know it's youtube, but I expected someone who looked totally **** the way some poster are going on, but he looks like a good left-back who can defend for once.

I love myself a proper aggresive left back. Look at him attacking the ball carrier.

He'll stop doing that once he's at Arsenal, he'll look behind him and see there's nobody in sight to cover. :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Have we solved our LB problem or does Wenger have other plans for Kolasinac? We all know how Wenger loves to move players to other positions, well Kolasinac can play across the back but could also be paired with Xhaka in the middle. He certainly has the speed that Xhaka lacks, could be interesting and as long as we upgrade Monreal & Gibbs at LB I dont mind where Kolasinac plays, as long as he's a huge success for Arsenal.

https://paininthearsenal.com/2017/04/15/arsenal-everything-you-need-to-know-about-sead-kolasinac/
It'd be interesting to see if Wenger pulls something like that, he might be inspired by what Dortmund did with Guerreiro. I doubt he will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom