• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Larsson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Swedish papers report about Seb Larsson going home

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,829433,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 33,00.html</a>

The biggest and most respectebal sportspaper in Sweden quote Håkan Mild a memeber of the staff at IFK Gothenburg as saying he is a man for the future and if he decides to move home we are intrested, IFK Gothenburg is LArssons favourite team in Sweden.

Gothics

Staying at Arsenal might not be the best place for him to gain recognition if he can't even give the fringe players a run for their money.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gothics said:
Staying at Arsenal might not be the best place for him to gain recognition if he can't even give the fringe players a run for their money.
i honestly don't understand how he can't, he's as good as Flamini imo.

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:

He isn't anywhere near, Flamini would eat him for breakfast.

Selling him is the best option in my opinion. We can't afford to keep a midfielder who has passing as his only skill. He isn't even that good at it either.

asajoseph

Established Member
A bit of a shame, always looked like a decent palyer, but doesn't really have the quality to get through to the top level...

asajoseph

Established Member
Gurgen,

I'm not really sure about Flamini eating him for breakfast (as a midfielder, at any rate...). Anyway, this is transfer talk, no?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:

Selling him is the best option in my opinion. We can't afford to keep a midfielder who has passing as his only skill. He isn't even that good at it either.

He's better than Flamini...more skilled, more vision, and knows what to do with the ball at his feet. Too bad he never got a decent enough run in the team to show what he can do while the likes of Wenger's pet pal Flamini got plenty of chances.

Flamini may be a good fill in left back, but Larsson has the qualities of a central midfielder. Every reserve match he dominated compared to Flamini.

Gothics

Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:

He's better than Flamini...more skilled, more vision, and knows what to do with the ball at his feet. Too bad he never got a decent enough run in the team to show what he can do while the likes of Wenger's pet pal Flamini got plenty of chances.

Flamini may be a good fill in left back, but Larsson has the qualities of a central midfielder. Every reserve match he dominated compared to Flamini.

Base on the fact that his appearance is so extremely limited in the EPL, it goes to show how good he is. If AW feels that he ain't good enough to be even on the bench, then i believe that his abilities is limited. Certainly AW knows him better than anyone of us around here. haha

Arsenal1508

[="Gothics"]

Base on the fact that his appearance is so extremely limited in the EPL, it goes to show how good he is. If AW feels that he ain't good enough to be even on the bench, then i believe that his abilities is limited. Certainly AW knows him better than anyone of us around here. haha

But then what about Steve Sidwell. Wenger didn't even blink an eye at him and he went on to Reading has been the best player outside the Championship for two years in a row. He was spectacular against us in the Carling Cup where our midfield composed of the untalented duo of Song and Flamini.
He's apparently valued at 5 million by Reading right now, but Charlton are gonna get him for 2.5 million because of a buy out clause.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gothics said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:

Oh please, let's not act like Arsène has never got it wrong. i.e. our cast off (Sidwell) looks set to play at the highest level in Spain. And how many players have we forced through our system only for them to prove they're not good enough?

Gothics

Arsenal1508 said:
[="Gothics"]

But then what about Steve Sidwell. Wenger didn't even blink an eye at him and he went on to Reading has been the best player outside the Championship for two years in a row. He was spectacular against us in the Carling Cup where our midfield composed of the untalented duo of Song and Flamini.
He's apparently valued at 5 million by Reading right now, but Charlton are gonna get him for 2.5 million because of a buy out clause.

There you go. Sidwell went on to play for Reading in the Championship. Song wasn't the best young player that Arsenal have and Flamini performs better recently in the LB role. Let's see how Sidwell handles the vigour in the EPL before we pass verdict on him. I believe that Song can be the best player in the Championship if he is on loan to any club in that division. Haha.

Gothics

sabret00the said:
Gothics said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:

Oh please, let's not act like Arsène has never got it wrong. i.e. our cast off (Sidwell) looks set to play at the highest level in Spain. And how many players have we forced through our system only for them to prove they're not good enough?

Have u tried applying for the job as Arsenal manager before AW stepped in? Maybe u can do a better job than AW. Haha.. just joking. I do agree that AW made some mistakes in the past. But most of the players that he release in the past hasn't really made it big time in their career. Sidwell isn't proven at the highest level yet.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gothics said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:

Have u tried applying for the job as Arsenal manager before AW stepped in? Maybe u can do a better job than AW. Haha.. just joking. I do agree that AW made some mistakes in the past. But most of the players that he release in the past hasn't really made it big time in their career. Sidwell isn't proven at the highest level yet.
If we sold Ashley Cole to Crystal Palace do you think he'd be the player he is today?

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Gurgen,

I'm not really sure about Flamini eating him for breakfast (as a midfielder, at any rate...). Anyway, this is transfer talk, no?

I do actually.

Larsson got his chance against a very poor Ajax team and did nothing. In the second half he couldn't string two good passes together. What more do you want?

Arsenal1508

Apparently, Sidwell could be on his way to Villareal. He's highly rated by a lot of people.

In this Arsenal team, there are a lot of good players that can make average players look good. How can anyone be sure that Flamini would be even a starter in a relegation team? We can't as he hasn't shown exceptional talent. He has shown tremendous effort...but that's a quality that a lot of Championship players have too.

Arsenal1508

Gurgen said:
asajoseph said:
Gurgen,

I do actually.

Larsson got his chance against a very poor Ajax team and did nothing. In the second half he couldn't string two good passes together. What more do you want?

How many chances has Flamini got. Hundreds I can tell you. Every time I see him play in the midfield I just want to scream. He's piss poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom