• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Larsson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
asajoseph said:
Gurgen,

I'm not really sure about Flamini eating him for breakfast (as a midfielder, at any rate...). Anyway, this is transfer talk, no?

I do actually.

Larsson got his chance against a very poor Ajax team and did nothing. In the second half he couldn't string two good passes together. What more do you want?
Flamini came on against the tired legs of Barca in place of the tired legs of Cesc and his presence was like Moses parting the red sea for Barca.

As i said, he's as good as Flamini. Neither are great but both are better than Song and Diaby.

Gurgen

Established Member
Now Flamini is to blame for Barca ripping through us :lol:

Barca were ripping through us in the first half and the second half, before Flamini came on. Stop living in your little delusional world sabre. They were going to score, it was inevitable. The pitch was too fast to defend against with ten men, and once the last ten minutes kicked in and they upped the tempo, we were always going to concede. Blaming Flamini is beyond silly.

Gothics

sabret00the said:
Gothics said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
Gothics said:
Staying at Arsenal might not be the best place for him to gain recognition if he can't even give the fringe players a run for their money.
i honestly don't understand how he can't, he's as good as Flamini imo.

He isn't anywhere near, Flamini would eat him for breakfast.

Selling him is the best option in my opinion. We can't afford to keep a midfielder who has passing as his only skill. He isn't even that good at it either.

He's better than Flamini...more skilled, more vision, and knows what to do with the ball at his feet. Too bad he never got a decent enough run in the team to show what he can do while the likes of Wenger's pet pal Flamini got plenty of chances.

Flamini may be a good fill in left back, but Larsson has the qualities of a central midfielder. Every reserve match he dominated compared to Flamini.

Base on the fact that his appearance is so extremely limited in the EPL, it goes to show how good he is. If AW feels that he ain't good enough to be even on the bench, then i believe that his abilities is limited. Certainly AW knows him better than anyone of us around here. haha
Oh please, let's not act like Arsène has never got it wrong. i.e. our cast off (Sidwell) looks set to play at the highest level in Spain. And how many players have we forced through our system only for them to prove they're not good enough?

Have u tried applying for the job as Arsenal manager before AW stepped in? Maybe u can do a better job than AW. Haha.. just joking. I do agree that AW made some mistakes in the past. But most of the players that he release in the past hasn't really made it big time in their career. Sidwell isn't proven at the highest level yet.
If we sold Ashley Cole to Crystal Palace do you think he'd be the player he is today?

Then why does only unfanciful teams comes in with offers for our rejects? Why doesn't more established teams make bids? Not neccessarily Manure or chelsea, but any middle EPL teams. Is it because they did not recognise their abilities too? Maybe only Reading do. Hope Sidwell isn't over-rated.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Gurgen said:

Barca were ripping through us in the first half and the second half, before Flamini came on. Stop living in your little delusional world sabre. They were going to score, it was inevitable. The pitch was too fast to defend against with ten men, and once the last ten minutes kicked in and they upped the tempo, we were always going to concede. Blaming Flamini is beyond silly.

You got to blame Flamini's inclusion though. It was a damn right silly substituion. Heck, I'd rather have just brought Pires back on for Cesc (I don't think there's a rule for double substituon). It was inevitable for them to score after seeing Flamini and Gilberto has our central midfield pair (everyone will have to admit that they had a worrying feeling when that sub took place).

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:

You can an example of incompetence at the highest level, i've given you one too. I'm not blaming Flamini if i wanted to blame anyone, i'd be Wenger, it's not about blame, it's just you can't make an unequivocal observation without using an example.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gothics said:
Then why does only unfanciful teams comes in with offers for our rejects? Why doesn't more established teams make bids? Not neccessarily Manure or chelsea, but any middle EPL teams. Is it because they did not recognise their abilities too? Maybe only Reading do. Hope Sidwell isn't over-rated.
Honestly, imo a great player is all about his education in real time, the difference between our rejects and our successes most often comes down to first team games. there's undoubtedly players that that's not the case for, however i'd put a wager on the fact that Smith turning out average or world class will all come down to how many games he gets in the Arsenal first team.

blueeyes_74

So let him leave, Sebastin Larsson have
been benchwarmer seans we came to Arsenal.

He havent done any really good games, he
is just a waste of time

Bye bye Sebsatian Wink :wink:

sabret00the

Established Member
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:

You got to blame Flamini's inclusion though. It was a damn right silly substituion. Heck, I'd rather have just brought Pires back on for Cesc (I don't think there's a rule for double substituon). It was inevitable for them to score after seeing Flamini and Gilberto has our central midfield pair (everyone will have to admit that they had a worrying feeling when that sub took place).
Honestly, the substitution IMO was all about loyalty as opposed to tactical genius. I think the substitution was the point in which Wenger felt our loss was inevitable, especially given Henry's finishing. where as what he could've done and should've done imo was bring on Reyes and van Persie and hope for the best. If he had to bring on Flamini, it had to be for Gilberto, he's not fit to fill in for anybody else.

I winced when i saw that sub. Really did...

But about Seb Larsson. If he isn't getting the oppurtuinity to play here, then we should let him move on. Up to him and the gaffer, at the end of the day.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
asajoseph said:
A bit of a shame, always looked like a decent palyer, but doesn't really have the quality to get through to the top level...

I agree. He looks a very tidy player but hasn't quite got the ability to make it here.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Time for Seb to move on. He haas learned the trades by training with teh 1st team. Now is the time for him to learn how to use them... at somewhere else. Best luck to him!

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:

Honestly, the substitution IMO was all about loyalty as opposed to tactical genius. I think the substitution was the point in which Wenger felt our loss was inevitable, especially given Henry's finishing. where as what he could've done and should've done imo was bring on Reyes and van Persie and hope for the best. If he had to bring on Flamini, it had to be for Gilberto, he's not fit to fill in for anybody else.

1) We were knackered.
2) We were completely unable to attack or keep the ball, with Cesc in the team.

So we bring on two strikers, as opposed to the midfielder who runs the most and works hardest? Where's the logic in that?

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
So we bring on two strikers, as opposed to the midfielder who runs the most and works hardest? Where's the logic in that?
Given the result of doing things according to your logic, is it not logical to say that doing things as i have suggest may have resulted in a more positive outcome?

i.e. to bring on someone to hold the ball in midfield is all good and dandy, however to bring on people to exploit the little bit of possession we had and take the pressure off of the defending legion could have resulted in them sitting back more and enabling our players to create a bit of extra space between our backline and the keeper.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:

Oh please just shut the **** up mate. What a load of ****.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Oh please just shut the f**k up mate. What a load of s**t.

Obviously your a big Flamini supporter, but Wenger bringing on Flamini was all about loyalty. If it was logic, then he would have taken off Hleb and brought on Senderos to have a 5 man defense.

Everyone knows Flamini runs...but he can't keep posistion worth a **** in the midfield. Also, he's always been woeful next to Gilberto as neither keeps posistion. Piss poor that they could run and get the ball back when Barca were toying with us the last 8 minutes of the match.

asajoseph

Established Member
Gurgen,

As I said, I don't really think Larsson is great, but I'm not really sure Flamini (as a midfielder) is significantly better, especially not to the point where you'd say 'he'd eat him for breakfast'. As I said, Larsson's a decent player, but doesn't quite have the quality to get on here. Flamini, if he wasn't as adaptable as he's shown this season, probably wouldn't be either.

Sabre,

I was with you 'til you tried to say that Larsson was better than Diaby. Then I stopped reading...

sabret00the

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Oh please just shut the f**k up mate. What a load of s**t.
you made some powerful and interesting points there, i'm gonna sit on this post for a while till i came up up with something as equally substantial in regards to this debate.

amin

I would sell both and bring in Yaya Toure or Zakora.

:D Although i don;t think we'll sign Zakora cos he probably will cos 10+ million, and that's too much for a back up to Cesc and Gilberto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom