• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Larsson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeRon

Set the boy free to do what he wants to do, play 1st team footy! He'll never get it at Arsenal, lets be honest. What would he do if we get another few players in? There's no room for him, sorry Seb, it's the truth!

hellolo

sabret00the said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
Now Flamini is to blame for Barca ripping through us :lol:

Barca were ripping through us in the first half and the second half, before Flamini came on. Stop living in your little delusional world sabre. They were going to score, it was inevitable. The pitch was too fast to defend against with ten men, and once the last ten minutes kicked in and they upped the tempo, we were always going to concede. Blaming Flamini is beyond silly.

You got to blame Flamini's inclusion though. It was a damn right silly substituion. Heck, I'd rather have just brought Pires back on for Cesc (I don't think there's a rule for double substituon). It was inevitable for them to score after seeing Flamini and Gilberto has our central midfield pair (everyone will have to admit that they had a worrying feeling when that sub took place).
Honestly, the substitution IMO was all about loyalty as opposed to tactical genius. I think the substitution was the point in which Wenger felt our loss was inevitable, especially given Henry's finishing. where as what he could've done and should've done imo was bring on Reyes and van Persie and hope for the best. If he had to bring on Flamini, it had to be for Gilberto, he's not fit to fill in for anybody else.
nonsense, you manipulate everything situation to support your agenda of players not being good enough or to highlight Wengers lack of tactical awareness
fact of the matter is Cesc was tired, he wasn't closing anyone down anymore therefore he brought in fresh legs
At that time gilberto still had enough energy to close people down thats the reason why he was brought on
I think someone slated Wenger for not bringing Reyes on straight away (not sure who said it) but FYI Reyes was brought on straight away, just Barca kept possession for 5mins!

hellolo

Arsenal1508 said:
Oh please just shut the f**k up mate. What a load of s**t.

Obviously your a big Flamini supporter, but Wenger bringing on Flamini was all about loyalty. If it was logic, then he would have taken off Hleb and brought on Senderos to have a 5 man defense.

Everyone knows Flamini runs...but he can't keep posistion worth a s**t in the midfield. Also, he's always been woeful next to Gilberto as neither keeps posistion. Piss poor that they could run and get the ball back when Barca were toying with us the last 8 minutes of the match.

Our problem was our midfield was too tired to close down Barcas midfield... what's the point in bringing on a defender?? we needed people to close down !

Burnwinter

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Honestly, the substitution IMO was all about loyalty as opposed to tactical genius. I think the substitution was the point in which Wenger felt our loss was inevitable, especially given Henry's finishing. where as what he could've done and should've done imo was bring on Reyes and van Persie and hope for the best.
In no way would AW have regarded a loss as inevitable when we were 1-0 up and he brought Flamini on. It was a defensive-minded substitution, he was hoping we could hang on until the 90 minutes. In retrospect it was a poor choice, but the logic behind it was understandable. You're leading, there's fifteen minutes left ... you bring on a player who can defend, as Flamini has shown he can (sort of - well, he's been OK anyway) playing LB for half the season.

Sometimes the logic goes the other way, bring on a striker or a creator and try to play in their half, but by that stage we really didn't look like scoring at the other end.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The best choice of defending is too attack and that where Wenger gets it wrong so many times when he's nervous of picking up a win at the end.
How many times have we see Pascal Cygan come on just to add extra defensive cover...yet we some how always let in goals.

We should never play negative as goals can come in the 90th minute too.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
hellolo said:
sabret00the said:
Arsenal1508 said:
Gurgen said:
Now Flamini is to blame for Barca ripping through us :lol:

Barca were ripping through us in the first half and the second half, before Flamini came on. Stop living in your little delusional world sabre. They were going to score, it was inevitable. The pitch was too fast to defend against with ten men, and once the last ten minutes kicked in and they upped the tempo, we were always going to concede. Blaming Flamini is beyond silly.

You got to blame Flamini's inclusion though. It was a damn right silly substituion. Heck, I'd rather have just brought Pires back on for Cesc (I don't think there's a rule for double substituon). It was inevitable for them to score after seeing Flamini and Gilberto has our central midfield pair (everyone will have to admit that they had a worrying feeling when that sub took place).
Honestly, the substitution IMO was all about loyalty as opposed to tactical genius. I think the substitution was the point in which Wenger felt our loss was inevitable, especially given Henry's finishing. where as what he could've done and should've done imo was bring on Reyes and van Persie and hope for the best. If he had to bring on Flamini, it had to be for Gilberto, he's not fit to fill in for anybody else.
nonsense, you manipulate everything situation to support your agenda of players not being good enough or to highlight Wengers lack of tactical awareness
fact of the matter is Cesc was tired, he wasn't closing anyone down anymore therefore he brought in fresh legs
At that time gilberto still had enough energy to close people down thats the reason why he was brought on
I think someone slated Wenger for not bringing Reyes on straight away (not sure who said it) but FYI Reyes was brought on straight away, just Barca kept possession for 5mins!

Dont justify his nonsense with a thought out answer mate.

He must be on the wind up with some of the **** he comes out with.

Arsenal1508

Doesn't matter anyways now. Flamini will be pushed out of the first 16 with the new arrival(s).

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Gurgen,

As I said, I don't really think Larsson is great, but I'm not really sure Flamini (as a midfielder) is significantly better, especially not to the point where you'd say 'he'd eat him for breakfast'. As I said, Larsson's a decent player, but doesn't quite have the quality to get on here. Flamini, if he wasn't as adaptable as he's shown this season, probably wouldn't be either.

I was talking about aggressiveness, bottle and strength here, not general ability.

Sure, technically, Larsson is on par with Flamini, but a central midfielder has to have at least some degree of presence.

Arsenal1508

Gurgen said:
asajoseph said:
Gurgen,

As I said, I don't really think Larsson is great, but I'm not really sure Flamini (as a midfielder) is significantly better, especially not to the point where you'd say 'he'd eat him for breakfast'. As I said, Larsson's a decent player, but doesn't quite have the quality to get on here. Flamini, if he wasn't as adaptable as he's shown this season, probably wouldn't be either.

I was talking about aggressiveness, bottle and strength here, not general ability.

Sure, technically, Larsson is on par with Flamini, but a central midfielder has to have at least some degree of presence.
Flamini doesn't have any presence either. And technically, he's woeful compared to Larsson who'll be loaned out.

asajoseph

Established Member
In all honesty, I don't see where Larsson's ever going to fit in with Arsenal, so there's little point loaning him out if we could sell him now - he's a decent player, who'll develop and probably end up in some UEFA cup team somewhere, but, despite having a good all-round game, and a lot of general competencies, he really isn't excellent at anything...

ugen64

well, larsson is an attack-minded midfielder. with Rosicky in the squad he would be 4th choice behind Fabregas, Rosicky, and Diaby (after he returns from injury). you don't want to be 4th choice at the age of 22 when you could return to your favorite club in your native country and play day in, day out.

as for Sidwell - keep in mind, he *wanted* to leave - Wenger wanted to keep him, but Sidwell wanted 1st team action so we sold him to Reading.

Arsenal1508

ugen64 said:
well, larsson is an attack-minded midfielder. with Rosicky in the squad he would be 4th choice behind Fabregas, Rosicky, and Diaby (after he returns from injury). you don't want to be 4th choice at the age of 22 when you could return to your favorite club in your native country and play day in, day out.

as for Sidwell - keep in mind, he *wanted* to leave - Wenger wanted to keep him, but Sidwell wanted 1st team action so we sold him to Reading.

Reason why Sidwell wanted to leave. Wenger rather let average French like Flamini get minutes than give more talented English player like Sidwell get a chance. Obviously something went wrong here.

Paddy from Sweden

So now the situations of Flamini and Sidwell are the same.

When Sidwell was at the club we had enough central midfielders. And in Flamini's case we didn't.

No one can say that Sidwell would've developed into the player he is if he'd remained at Arsenal.

Suddenly people turn against Flamini. Can't believe what I read. Where were you when he played his heart out at left back this season.

Arsenal1508

We're just saying that Sidwell is much better than Flamini...that's a fact. Flamini wants to be a midfielder...but we all know he's useless there.

Sidwell has virtually carried Reading to promotion to the Premiership. If he gets an England callup, this will be like another Andy Cole situation all over again.

kamikaze80

Established Member
first things first arsenal1508, sidwells hardly the only reason reading got promoted. we're talking about a high-scoring side that was the best in championship history.

and i'm not positive, but i think paddy from sweden is right in terms of the timeline, ie, its factually not true that flamini forced sidwell out. if i'm wrong, let me know.

Arsenalguru

If we could move Larsson to the flanks, he might be able to replace ljungberg in a year of two.

We might need him in some of the champion leaque qualification games since most of our staring XI might still be exhausted with the WC.

It would be interesting to see the like of Berndtner, Lupoli, Larsson, Muamba, Connolly have some CL qualification games.

Rohit

Established Member
Arsenalguru said:
If we could move Larsson to the flanks, he might be able to replace ljungberg in a year of two.

We might need him in some of the champion leaque qualification games since most of our staring XI might still be exhausted with the WC.

It would be interesting to see the like of Berndtner, Lupoli, Larsson, Muamba, Connolly have some CL qualification games.

...........Only if we win the first leg 6/7-0 else not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom