• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastian Rode

Sam the Duck

Sebastian Rode is a 22 year old defensive midfielder from Germany. He has 18 months left on his contract and is not willing to renew it at the moment.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/298708/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/298708/</a>

ARSENAL are aiming to nick German starlet Sebastian Rode from under the noses of rivals Tottenham.

The 22-year-old midfielder has impressed for Bundesliga surprise package Eintracht Frankfurt this term.

The newly-promoted side are pushing for European qualification, with Rode starring in all of their league games so far this season.

German giants Bayern Munich and Arsenal are both eyeing the under-21 international, with Rode aware he is being scouted by some of Europe's top clubs.

And the talented youngster, who has 18 months left on his current contract, confirmed he will explore his career options at the end of the season.

"The interest is known to me. I'll keep my feet on the ground and not start dreaming," he said.

"Eintracht Frankfurt and I have agreed to postpone the talks so I can concentrate on my football."

Last summer, Sp**s held talks with Frankfurt over the talented youngster, but were unable to complete a deal.

evoh_1

Established Member
His whoscored stats indicate he is a tackler and interceptor of the ball and dictates their passing game while also creating a few chances and running past players.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/65581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/65581</a>

Seems like a jack wilshere lite.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He plays a big role in Frankfurt's successful season so far, played every single game this and last season and turned 22 just recently. I can definitely see the Wilshere comparisons, but unlike Jack, Rode's greatest strengths lie in defence. Doesn't back down from anybody, runs after every single ball, decent technique and decision making, limitless amounts of energy and stamina. He was very consistent for nearly two years up until this winter break where all the transfer gossip started, needs to get his head back on.

All that being said: bullshit article. "Nick from under the noses of Tottenham", FFS :lol: I know for a genuine fact that the **** that wrote that article made that up on the spot.

One of Germany's biggest daily newspapers, the FR, is based in Frankfurt and has very good contacts within the club, they are even good friends with some in the board. There is indeed a lot of hype surrounding him at the moment, the usual suspects in Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen are already sniffing around, but there wasn't even a whiff of any interest from other leagues, nothing.

Herbas

jones said:
I can definitely see the Wilshere comparisons, but unlike Jack, Rode's greatest strengths lie in defence. Doesn't back down from anybody, runs after every single ball, decent technique and decision making, limitless amounts of energy and stamina.

Young Flamini?!

el57

Won't pretend I've watched Eintracht, but they have been impressing in Bundesliga and if this kid really is an integral part of that team, there's a good chance he's worth a look.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Watched him once and I felt like I was watching a German Scott Parker, which is far from a bad thing.

One of those guys you just don't want to play against, gives you no time on the ball and closes down your passing options at the same time. Looked great throughout although I cannot remember the team they were playing against.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sounds interesting though I wouldn't call a 22 year old a starlet but that's nitpicking. I like the sound of the never stopping midfielder who opposing attackers hate. Is he any good in the air as well?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
kofigunner said:
Sounds interesting though I wouldn't call a 22 year old a starlet but that's nitpicking. I like the sound of the never stopping midfielder who opposing attackers hate. Is he any good in the air as well?

A 22 year old midfielder whose greatest attributes are defensively? I definitely would.

He's not going to peak until he's around 28. If you could name a top class defensive midfielder at that age I'd be surprised.

Floating

Established Member
Dokaka said:
kofigunner said:

A 22 year old midfielder whose greatest attributes are defensively? I definitely would.

He's not going to peak until he's around 28. If you could name a top class defensive midfielder at that age I'd be surprised.

Yeah, I agree. Defensive qualities, tactical nous, and decision-making are some of the last things to develop in a player, in any sport - basketball, football, American football, etc.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Floating said:
Dokaka said:
kofigunner said:

Yeah, I agree. Defensive qualities, tactical nous, and decision-making are some of the last things to develop in a player, in any sport - basketball, football, American football, etc.

That reminds me, is Song still warming the bench at Barca :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Herbas said:
jones said:
I can definitely see the Wilshere comparisons, but unlike Jack, Rode's greatest strengths lie in defence. Doesn't back down from anybody, runs after every single ball, decent technique and decision making, limitless amounts of energy and stamina.

Young Flamini?!

I just hope that he doesn't imitate him to the point that he throws away being an integral part to an exciting team for sitting on the bench of a bigger team for a bigger paycheck. He really should stay at least one more season at Eintracht, don't think he will bench Martinez or Schweinsteiger at Bayern anytime soon. The problem as usual lies with his greedy piece of **** agent who knows that Rode's stock has risen significantly (Top 10 Bundesliga player this season according to kicker), can see him running down his contract which expires 2014 to get a bigger signing-on fee.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sod off :D

Honestly, he'd probably improve the midfield, but it's very unlikely that a German player leaves the country at this age.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
jones said:
Sod off :D

Honestly, he'd probably improve the midfield, but it's very unlikely that a German player leaves the country at this age.

Would probably be Arsenal though if it were to happen considering he'd have Podolski, Mertesacker, Eisfeld and Gnabry with him.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
kofigunner said:

You misunderstand me. Like I said, I like the sound of a hard working defensive midfielder, read my thoughts which I have bolded. It's just strange that a 22 year old is being referred to as a starlet. For some reason I think of Oxo as a starlet but don't think of Ramsey who is yet to turn 23 as one or even Jack who is 21, as one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really never watch him but from @jones words he looks a good player.

will be a typical Arsène signing if its happens unknown player and cheap.

FinnGooner

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4812571/Eintracht-midfielder-Sebastian-Rode-eyed-by-Arsenal-at-75m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... t-75m.html</a>

Bu-bu-bu-bump!

This time a link from the, oh-so-reliable, The Sun!

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom