• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastián Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratinho

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Ratinho.. whats obvious is that all of the top sides in Europe, in the Cl , who needed a keeper have got one.

Real , Barca, MIlan , Inter, Man U , Chelsea, Bayern, Porto and clubs of that level already have keepers and are not in need of one as much as we are.

How many clubs have been known to be needing a keeper and looking for one as much as we have in the last few weeks??

My points fairly clear. If Isaakson is the god that some claim him to be here, why is he still at Rennes? You've named a few clubs that fit your argument, what about all the other big clubs? United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, and they are taking on 35 year old stop gap keepers. Victor Valdes was atrocious for parts of last season, aside form his comedy terror concerning other people challenging ffor teh ball with him. Porto?? :lol:

And fuma, if you think this summers bad......well, it's been a lot worse in the past pal, put it that way.

what the f**k is 'hip problem' exactly?
he got two assholes or something?

It's probably a hip injury, bright spark.

Legend#1

Established Member
Arsenal will not be signing goalkeeper Sebastian Viera

The 22-year-old was expected to move from Nacional Montevideo at the end of last week but a deal could not be reached.

Arsène Wenger wanted the Uruguayan No 1 to compete with Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia for a first-team place at Highbury. At the time the latter was out with a broken finger. Almunia’s subsequent return to fitness has not diminished the manager’s desire to add to his compliment of keepers.

“Sebastian Viera has not joined us, the deal is over,” said the manager in an exclusive video interview with Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon. “We could not find an agreement in the end. But I am still looking to bring in a goalkeeper.”

Arsenal TV Online subscribers can see Wenger talk more about this issue on Friday morning.

A

Anonymous

From the artical I am guessing we agreed a fee and he came for a medical, the medical discovered a minor hip problem so we tryed to get him for cheeper. They told us to fu*k right off.

jay-d

Established Member
We've been a f'ing joke this summer. Just says we could not reach a deal. Almunia in goal for the champs league. F'ing joke.

jay-d

Established Member
tom14 said:
From the artical I am guessing we agreed a fee and he came for a medical, the medical discovered a minor hip problem so we tryed to get him for cheeper. They told us to fu*k right off.

Why you guessing for? Facts are we have missed ANOTHER target. That's all there is to it.

jasonlohkh

we bid for a player that does not want to play for us. then we bid for another player that is desperate to play for us and then failed a medical.
What happen to your summer?

jay-d

Established Member
pha2er said:
it's hardly anyones fault, we tried to sign him, he was injured, end of.

time to look for someone else.

Where does Wenger say he was injured? He doesn't, he may well be but the official line is just that we couldn't agree a deal.

Ratinho

Established Member
And?

We couldn't agree a deal. Injured or otherwise.

I'm sure we'd be signing Shevchenko et all with you in charge, but it's not that simple in the real world.

Army of Me

Established Member
there was obviously something wrong with viera to scrap a deal that was as good as done, either he was injured or he personally did not want to play for us (unlikely).

so let's not get angry at Arsène, he did his best and it didn't happen.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
jasonlohkh said:
we bid for a player that does not want to play for us. then we bid for another player that is desperate to play for us and then failed a medical.
What happen to your summer?
Its not turning out that good is it, still all is not lost we still have Bob Wilson :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom