• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastián Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and Haakon, Kameni would not "walk" into the team ahead of Lehmann.... he is a great shot stopper, but his other apects (positioning) are quite erratic just like Lehmann..

and its a known fact that Wenger tends to prefer taller keepers...

Haakon

Well thats your opinion :D

I just said he would, in my opinion, walk straight into the team... The way I picture it he will impress enough to keep his spot in the two CL games.

AFCG7

Established Member
I really dont know what Wenger thinks when it comes to keepers.
It seems blatantly obvious that of the top keepers out there that would be available Isaksson is the obvious choice. Rennes will sell him..all we have to do is make the right bid.

AFCFan4Ever

Isaksson isn't anymore reliable than Kameni is, I find him highly erratic too. De Sanctis would be a very good buy, was one of the best GKs in Serie A last year.

_scorpion_

Established Member
De Sanctis? Reliable? No way mate....

No better than Kameni who is prone to the brain fart from time to time.

Kameni looks like a great shot blocker because his positioning is terrible! he uses his athletisim to make up for his very poor positioning.

Plus he is not that tall....not by Wenger standards.

I'm not saying Isaksson is perfect but of all the obvious tall keeper options....he has enough in him to dislodge Lehmann and assume the role for many years to come.

My only gripe with Isaksson is that his kicking is like Jens....which is the price you pay for very tall keepers....I'm not fussed about it because at 194cm he has a presence and for a big man he is an agile shot stopper AND he comes out for crosses!

Only other issue is that Rennes will be short a keeper...i'm not sure they have back up....but that is Renne's problem!

Tegh

Established Member
I don't buy this height crap either, if Wenger was so fussed about a goalkeepers height, then why has he shown interest in Carlo Cudicini in recent seasons. There's no chance Chelsea would sell him to us, but still, he's not that tall either, so i can't see height being an issue.

Well, Arsène hasn't put in a bid for Isaakson before, so obviously he isnt his choice. But the fact that Viera came in for a medical means that Arsène rates him highly.

Just hope that he wont be another Almunia or Richard Wright.

A

Anonymous

So we are agreed that Kameni is a great shot stopper, but his positioning a problem. You have to remember he is only 20/21 and with our coaches working on him the positioning aspect would not be a problem.

Sammer

Established Member
Kameni is by no means an improvement of Jens.

I personally have no problem with Almunia as our no2 goalie and I would rather see Arsène bring in a worthy Lehmann successor (Hildebrandt, Isaacksson are the only realistic targets I can think of) next season than another mediocre goalie.

Lehmann will be all fired up to play the WC 2006 and Almunia is good enough to play a couple of games.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Tegh said:
I don't buy this height crap either, if Wenger was so fussed about a goalkeepers height, then why has he shown interest in Carlo Cudicini in recent seasons. There's no chance Chelsea would sell him to us, but still, he's not that tall either, so i can't see height being an issue.
I agree, I would have thought AW would be aware of his height, I can't see AW asking this guy to come for a medical not knowing something about this player.

Clarkey

Just plucking name off of the top of my head, but what is the situation with Weidenfeller and could he be a possible option with Dortmunds money problems? (Not meaning to send this thread on a tangent, just pondering aloud really.)

jasonlohkh

tom14 said:
So we are agreed that Kameni is a great shot stopper, but his positioning a problem. You have to remember he is only 20/21 and with our coaches working on him the positioning aspect would not be a problem.

But our GK coach is crap. Mayb we should sign GK coach from Rennes

Gurgen

Established Member
I'm not so keen on Isaaksson either. His kicking is even worse than Lehmann's.

If we're going to buy a keeper, we need to buy the complete article.

Darius

who's Stekelenburg?anyone who can introduce this guy?

I still can't accept a keeper under 190 cm, cause it's really essential for him to grasp the cross/freekick/corner in the situation that our header is poor.

fuma75

Darius said:
who's Stekelenburg?anyone who can introduce this guy?

I still can't accept a keeper under 190 cm, cause it's really essential for him to grasp the cross/freekick/corner in the situation that our header is poor.
i really dont think height matters,
but he is tall enough.

btw, Almunia is 191cm tall.

Ratinho

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I really dont know what Wenger thinks when it comes to keepers.
It seems blatantly obvious that of the top keepers out there that would be available Isaksson is the obvious choice. Rennes will sell him..all we have to do is make the right bid.

So obvious that everyone is going for him?? Not that obvious amongst those in the know, clearly.

And Stekelenberg (sp??) is the Ajax keeper, and is young and extremely talented but by no means leaving Ajax yet, to whoever asked. :)

Kenyonhater

If Viera did fail his medical last weekend and AW has given uo on him why hasn't it been announced yet? What would be the point of delaying releasing that information, unless it is a temporary condition and they will be testing him again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom