• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sebastián Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
****ing hell, nearly 40 pages of posts on a goalkeeper that doesn't even look like signing for us.

Seriously though this has been a frustrating summer not just for the fans but also for Wenger. First RVP gets charged with rape, then Vieira leaves for Juve, then there was the whole Baptista saga and now this.

_scorpion_

Established Member
He's too short.

I had a feeling this would be an issue....If I could see that why on earth did the talent scouts not pick that up?

Just makes you wonder whether our GK talent scouts are up to the task....talk about calamity capers!

AFCG7

Established Member
True True True .
Speaking of tall keepers. Stu Taylor.
Oh wait..we sold him without giving him a chance..

Haakon

Ohh come on, the reports can't be true. He is obviously not that short. Wenger has stated he wished the kid was a bit taller but that obviously is not the reason for the deal not having been finalised yet. I don't see why everyone is taking flight just because of some stupid rumour!

There could be several reasons for us not having signed him yet!

Strange how you didnt know this weeks ago Scorpion, after all your in bed with Wenger, right? :lol:

asajoseph

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
True True True .
Speaking of tall keepers. Stu Taylor.
Oh wait..we sold him without giving him a chance..

Stuart Taylor got every chance to impress - Wenger watched him play in match situations every week. In the reserves, that is. And from what little I've seen (highlights from ATVO), Taylor did very little to impress at that level.

AFCG7

Established Member
Yes... maybe you are correct, but surely he could not have been worse than Almunia. If Almunia wasnt good enough for Celta Vigo why would he be good enough for us?
Yet he was our number 2 while Taylor rotted on the bench...evenin the reserves.

asajoseph

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Yes... maybe you are correct, but surely he could not have been worse than Almunia. If Almunia wasnt good enough for Celta Vigo why would he be good enough for us?
Yet he was our number 2 while Taylor rotted on the bench...evenin the reserves.

My only guess is that Almunia must be incredible in training, when the match pressure is not on him.

And Almunia left Celta Vigo, probably because they got relegated whilst he'd helped a 'poorer' club stay up. He would have been considered too good for them, and getting an offer from Arsenal was obviously too good to turn down...

AFCG7

Established Member
No .. i mean Celta sent him to ALbacete on loan. He was playing in La Liga's second division before he joined us.

asajoseph

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
No .. i mean Celta sent him to ALbacete on loan. He was playing in La Liga's second division before he joined us.

Nope - Albacete were in the Primera Liga when Celta loaned him there. That year Albacete stayed up, whilst Celta went down. Albacete got relegated last season. In that season in which Celta Vigo were relegated, Albacete conceded 48 goals (7th in the league - only Depor, Barca, Valencia, Sevilla, Betis and Osasuna conceded fewer) and finished 14th.

AFCG7

Established Member
Oh ok.. thanks for clearing that up. I always thought we signed him when he was playing in the 2nd tier.
Anyway.. we have a big problem in the keeping department.
I really thought Viera was the right man.. but now it seems likely that this move may fall through.

Who next? Abbiati ? Not Isakkson for sure... if Wenger wanted him he would be an Arsenal player already.

A

Anonymous

"Viera, woah oh oh
Viera, woah oh oh
He comes from Uruguay
he's only 4 foot 5"

asajoseph

Established Member
Whatever's true, I'd be pretty disappointed if Arsène didn't give the player the opportunity to prove himself, regardless of his height. Such narrow minded thinking is bound to end up in disaster.

Regardless, I don't buy the height story...

_scorpion_

Established Member
tom14 said:
I dont care who we get as long he is a young and exciting keeper. I didnt realise Kameni rejected a new contract offer from Espanyol.

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.a ... 77&cpid=23

I agree we need a keeper but i have my doubts about Kameni...he is erratic.

Why not Isaksson...why is Wenger not going for him? He is 194 cm tall (from memory). That is taller than Cech! He is Sweedens first choice GK. I just don't get it? Do we have a problem with signing good Goal keepers?

Haakon

Didn't realise we bought people because of their height, always assumed we went for skill... Silly me :p

Kameni is pure class, would walk straight into the first team imo. I like Lehman but I rate Kameni much higher. In the games I saw last season he was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom