• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Squillaci

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxlGunners

Kraig said:
how is this not done yet?
Arsène hoping to announce a double signing on Friday :wink:

Disclaimer: The above statement is only the figment of my vivid imagination and is not based on any fact. I hereby swear I have no insider knowledge of Arsenal Football Club and that of its transfers and any of the above statement that turns out to be true is purely coincidental.

Bossa

Established Member
We tend to announce signings three days after the player has signed. I reckon it will be tomorrow or friday.

kamikaze80

Established Member
so we have vermaelen and three average CBs. it's like death by a thousand cuts, you don't even notice the quality slipping all over the pitch.

sagreig

kamikaze80 said:
so we have vermaelen and three average CBs. it's like death by a thousand cuts, you don't even notice the quality slipping all over the pitch.

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen enough of Koscielny or Squillaci to judge them 'average' just yet.

kamikaze80

Established Member
sagreig said:
I'm pretty sure you haven't seen enough of Koscielny or Squillaci to judge them 'average' just yet.
how many caps does squillaci have? he's 30. he's got teams like monaco and sevilla on his cv, so he's obviously pretty good, but he's not amazing. koscielny might be a late bloomer but he's definitely skinny and not that tall.

i just don't get how so many of you keep deluding yourselves. open your eyes and see reality.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I don't know how accurate this is but....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2010/08/sebastien-squillaci-returns-to-sevilla.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2010/08 ... villa.html</a>

otfgoon

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
how many caps does squillaci have? he's 30. he's got teams like monaco and sevilla on his cv, so he's obviously pretty good, but he's not amazing. koscielny might be a late bloomer but he's definitely skinny and not that tall.

i just don't get how so many of you keep deluding yourselves. open your eyes and see reality.

Well so far in his only competitive game for us Koscielny was probably the MotM. I'm pretty sure I opened my eyes to see this and I'm pretty sure it's reality.

Which is more than what can be said for the way you formed your opinion.

xcdude24

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
sagreig said:

And who was managing France during the majority of his peak years? You're better than that, Kami.

Regarding your second point, I haven't seen enough of Squillachi to make an opinion one way or the other, but i've got faith in Wenger on transfers(when he makes them). Aside from the odd nightmare or two, Wenger's experienced buys over the past few seasons have been more or less solid. So what if this guy isn't Sol Campbell in his peak? We haven't seen much of Koscielny, but from what we've seen so far he's looked damn good. This guy may not be a world beater, but I can't think of too many third choice CBs who are.

Kraig

Established Member
I love how the transfer window makes everyone really edgy and aggressive. :lol:

Where the hell is this guy! It's taking bloody ages to get this one nailed down! Need him for Blackburn as I think kid will struggle against the rough and tumble sides. Too skinny for someone like samba!

Freagle

GoonerGurjit said:
I don't know how accurate this is but....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2010/08/sebastien-squillaci-returns-to-sevilla.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2010/08 ... villa.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Squillaci on Sunday? When is the transfer market going to end? 2nd September? That leaves Arsène with 4 days to chase a goalkeeper. :bounce

Kraig

Established Member
otfgoon said:
He also has a similar amount of caps as Steve Bould, Dixon and Winterburn combined.

they were rubbish though and did nothing for arsenal in their careers. especially dixon and winterburn!

True Gooner

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
sagreig said:

The irony of you asking people to see reality without watching either of them play regularly is fabulous.

Give them a chance instead basing your argument on second hand information. Part of the reason why Squillaci wasn't capped as regularly as we'd like is because he had Thuram in front of him who, after WC 2006, was also made captain till his retirement in 2008 and you can hardly point to France's success as justification to not feature Squillaci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom