• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sébastien Squillaci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allyboy

Established Member
Heh, Arseblogger on twitter is saying the club realised they have no Qs in the club shop, and the announcement is being held off until they arrive.

I so want to believe that is true :D

Kraig

Established Member
We really do drag these things out don't we! He'll be past his peak by the time we confirm this!

qs

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Heh, Arseblogger on twitter is saying the club realised they have no Qs in the club shop, and the announcement is being held off until they arrive.

I so want to believe that is true :D

:bounce

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
They ****ed up to be honest. When you lose 3-4 at home you've only got yourself to blame. Still, count on the papers making a meal out of Squillaci refusing to play in the first leg now.

sagreig

I think we might've missed a trick by not delaying negotiations by a couple more days. By all accounts, a fee has been agreed. However with Sevilla now knocked out, and missing the revenue from group stage matches, they might've been more willing to accept a lower offer.

sagreig

Godsend_Gooner said:
Why behave like complete jerks?

Werent we complaining about Bordeaux doing a similar thing after change in circumstances?

Bordeaux? Well, in any case, I wasn't.

Why would it be behaving like "complete jerks" and not just good business sense?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
sagreig said:
I think we might've missed a trick by not delaying negotiations by a couple more days. By all accounts, a fee has been agreed. However with Sevilla now knocked out, and missing the revenue from group stage matches, they might've been more willing to accept a lower offer.
Won't they want a higher fee if they don't get the UCL bounty? Your logic dosent make sense.

And AW don't gamble this way. If Sevilla went through we had to change another target

Godsend_Gooner

sagreig said:
Godsend_Gooner said:
Why behave like complete jerks?

Werent we complaining about Bordeaux doing a similar thing after change in circumstances?

Bordeaux? Well, in any case, I wasn't.

Why would it be behaving like "complete jerks" and not just good business sense?

If I understood correctly, you are implying that after a fee was already agreed between the clubs, we should have held the decision for sometime and then after knowing their fate, we could have offered a lesser amount just because they would have financial issues right?

That would have pissed off Sevilla. Bordeaux raised their asking price for Chamakh last season from 7m to 15m approximately after knowing that we had sold Adebayor for 24m. I saw most of the posters on here giving a lot of flak for such a behavior on the part of Bordeaux.

Might make business sense, I find it a bit unethical.

sagreig

Clrnc said:
sagreig said:
Won't they want a higher fee if they don't get the UCL bounty? Your logic dosent make sense.

The logic makes perfect sense. If they miss out on a lot of money, they will have less money. So they need money more than they would if they had money. And because they need money, they would be more inclined to sell to raise that money, which weakens their position in negotiations. And so we could've got him for an even lower fee.

sagreig

Godsend_Gooner said:
If I understood correctly, you are implying that after a fee was already agreed between the clubs, we should have held the decision for sometime and then after knowing their fate, we could have offered a lesser amount just because they would have financial issues right?

Yes.

That would have pissed off Sevilla. Bordeaux raised their asking price for Chamakh last season from 7m to 15m approximately after knowing that we had sold Adebayor for 24m. I saw most of the posters on here giving a lot of flak for such a behavior on the part of Bordeaux.

Might make business sense, I find it a bit unethical.

I know it would piss off Sevilla but we're not looking to make friends. I'm not pissed off about Bordeaux. Quite frankly, I think they were being ****ing stupid to miss out on £7m. I don't think 1 season of Chamakh is worth £7m + his wages.

It's an ugly business and we should be looking after ourselves and ourselves only. We get ****ed over time and time again...whether it's Shawcross or Taylor just mistiming an 'honest' challenge or whether it's all of Barca's players tapping-up our captain on the FIFA website.

When we moan about it, nothing gets done. So **** trying to make friends. If we can save some money by playing within the rules (which we would be doing), lets do it.

Before anyone goes off on one, I'm not complaining that we didn't delay the transfer. I am happy that we are buying him. I'm just talking about the hypothetical situation in which we could have benefited from a different approach.

Zico

Established Member
Godsend Gooner, are you aware that the season has started and the transfer window closes after this weekend? What you are proposing is not worth it for a position we desperately needed to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom