• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Aurier

entropy13

Established Member
Really makes you wonder if the likes of ASAP Berg and onetowatch was born in the 1940s as "Arsenal fans".

They'd most probably be NOT Arsenal fans anymore by the 1960s. :lol:

And as I've said in the previous page, The Negativity, Frustration, and Discontent League are out in full force from September to May as well, so now they want to include June to August too. IT'S AN ALL-YEAR AFFAIR!!! :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't mind the constant moaners, provided they don't pretend to celebrate us actually achieving something and just sit down and shut up when they're proven wrong. But that won't happen.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

ASAP Berg said:
He does this all out of ego, I love the guy but it's surely ego.

I will never forget when the club, the fans, even the players you could see were desperate for some firepower upfront, and Wenger sat there in a press conference and spoke of how we have Sanogo, and that he was like a secret weapon, a special player but oh the press only want big names.

Sanogo was a raw, injury prone kid without even Ligue 1 experience. He scored 0 goals for Arsenal last season.

Pure ego, he always has to prove everyone wrong. He sees clubs spending 50m and he says no I'm Arsène Wenger I'll do it my way and prove everyone wrong. The fans don't rate Denilson, oh I'll prove them wrong etc blah blah Im so bored by this way of thinking. For every Ramsey there are 5 Denilsons.

You mean the same summer we tried so hard to get in Suarez, and tried to get Higuian and even frantically tried to get a loan deal for Ba? Do you even realise what you're typing most of the time? :lol:

The ego thing is beyond nonsense too. He's not Mourinho, he doesn't constantly make things about him. Of coarse he likes to be proven right about things but he doesn't make massive gambles just to suite his ego in the case they came off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

onetowatch said:
I have to agree with ASAP Berg, it's an ego thing with Wenger. He wants to do it his way and has wanted to for most of our barren spell. Nothing else can explain having Almunia for so long and never really replacing Vieira and Gilberto.

So what about from 1997-2005 when he did things his way, was that such a problem?

The fact that AW shows such faith in his players isn't a bad thing, it's easy to go out and buy players like Gotze or Hazard and start winning. One of his lasting legacies should be how he develops overlooked players, Vieira, Henry, Pires into dominant teams.

To get a genuine world class player out of Ramsey who probably would have been cut loose by a Chelsea or Man Utd is a testament to him. It's a great moment to see a maligned player come good and I'd personally suffer a 100 Denilsons just to see 1 Ramsey.

onetowatch

Rex Banner said:
onetowatch said:
I have to agree with ASAP Berg, it's an ego thing with Wenger. He wants to do it his way and has wanted to for most of our barren spell. Nothing else can explain having Almunia for so long and never really replacing Vieira and Gilberto.

So what about from 1997-2005 when he did things his way, was that such a problem?

The fact that AW shows such faith in his players isn't a bad thing, it's easy to go out and buy players like Gotze or Hazard and start winning. One of his lasting legacies should be how he develops overlooked players, Vieira, Henry, Pires into dominant teams.

To get a genuine world class player out of Ramsey who probably would have been cut loose by a Chelsea or Man Utd is a testament to him. It's a great moment to see a maligned player come good and I'd personally suffer a 100 Denilsons just to see 1 Ramsey.

I said barren spell so that discounts the 97-05 period. IMO the stadium project DID restrict him financially but not to the extent that we like to make out. I'm sure we could've afforded to get Alonso and Schwarzer in to replace clear dud players like Denilson and Almunia but Wenger wanted to be proved right in his project players. I admit he is more ruthless now, shipping out Gervinho, Chamakh, Park, Djourou a lot quicker than he would've done circa 2009.

Showing faith in players is both a good and a bad thing. How did it turn out having developed Cesc, Nasri, Adebayor and RvP into top class players? They got itchy feet and wanted to leave for trophies because ultimately that's what matters - a legacy of winning, not a legacy of having developed loads of players for Barca, Chelsea and City. We're not their ****ing academy.

It's great to see Ramsey come through under Wenger but let's be honest, for every Ramsey, there is a Denilson, Almunia and Eboue.

Winning football games is what should matter. Not developing players. We have our academy for that. We have without a doubt lost points due to playing guys not ready for first team football. Admittedly, I don't think that is any longer the case.

But now his ego manifests itself in his stubborn valuation of players. IMO of course.

Toast

Established Member
He seems to have given up on his transfer to Arsenal.

Poor Google translation from this inteview.

"I was said that I had agreed with Arsenal, I had already signed ... This is not true. All I can say is that England is the championship that I appreciate most. Things are clear, I have always given my preference for England because it is the league that best fits me. However, I have not given agreement to anyone, so I'm free to talk to clubs that arise. Play England is a dream, but sometimes dreams do not come true, so if PSG or Monaco are interested, it does not neglect themselves. PSG and Monaco can see the people who take care of me, and we'll see how it goes. What I want is to join a club that guarantees me where I can play, if transfer there ... "takers.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom