• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Aurier

GDeep™

League is very weak
The Transfer Defense League out in full force this summer on AM, I see.

Any negativity, frustration and discontent is quickly clamped down on.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, had it twice now when I've dared to question what we're doing.

entropy13

Established Member
The Negativity, Frustration, and Discontent League are out in full force from September to May as well GDeep, so I don't see your underlying point that they are being "persecuted" or something.

cannonade

Established Member
The *****ing last summer was unbelievable and I was a part of it. I learned my lesson. It's weird to see/hear it again. Just chill; nothing we can do about it. Enjoy the WC and rumors. Life goes on.
That said, I wonder if we're in for Aurier. No recent clues from anyone.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think anybody is going overboard at all, it's annoying watching our rivals add the two or three players they need already whilst we're seeing two key players leave us with no incomings as of yet. I trust Wenger but it would have been nice to see us get our signings in early for once.

cannonade

Established Member
THunter: Yes. last summer we were totally freaking out about spuds signing players left and right and we doing nothing. How'd that that turn out? What players have we lost? Sagna and Fabianski? I think in the end we'll cover those departures.
Were not a plastic team so no comparisons with any of those teams and manure has a massive rebuild ahead of them, so you can expect a lot of activity.
Liverpool are doing their business and there's nothing we can do about it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It is overboard in my opinion. All Arsenal fans ever do nowadays is *****, even after we won the f*cking FA Cup Final people were still moaning :lol:.

I understand frustrations but not every day moaning FFS!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My guess is that we won't announce any new signings until the Puma jersey's are released.

We can't really have a new signing holding up a Nike jersey this summer.

The Puma deal is supposed to start in July and once the jerseys are released I'm confident that we'll announce new signings.

Chappers

I don't see a problem. We're actually heavily linked to a top class player but we should be envious of Liverpool who haven't done anything yet and looks like they'll lose their one talisman.

The players we want are still part of the World Cup so no deal will likely be made for quite a while yet. No logical reason to get your knickers in a twist just yet.

onetowatch

It's not hard to understand why arsenal fans are more discontent than others. Years of underinvestment, watching our best players leave for rivals and not winning f**k all. We are the worst of all big clubs when it comes to transfer windows all things considered.

Your expectation of the future is generally based on recent past performance and ours has been shambolic both on and off the pitch, it has to be said. It's upto the club to prove the doubters wrong, as they have used up all goodwill from the first half of Arsène's tenure.

Sannei

I see why some are discontent. I was pretty unhappy with our January actitvity because I knew what it would herald and that was a mess up of our spring schedule. We missed Ramsey/Theo in particular. But my word some Arsenal fans just freaking revel in complaining, *****ing and moaning, practically every post. The moment any other club makes a signing, doesn't matter the quality they go off on one again, or have a melt down when the club doesn't buy one of their faves, like the Cesc meltdown or insulting the club/Wenger because they didn't buy Fernando Reges. Like did you really think Wenger would buy a true DM. I just wonder whether they never get tired.

I don't see the point of swaying with the transfer wind from one moan to moan for months on end. I want to see what the club and Wenger does come August. Also, I'm fairly sure now that not a single person in the media know anything about our transfers, which is why we are being linked with 4/5 players for every position. They don't know anything and Arsenal seem to be extra secretive this time around (and btw a guy who works at the club also said this on Twitter), so no one knows what they are doing towards signing players or who they are. And I'm not using the past 9 years as a barometer as obviously now the club's financial situation is far different - meaning the type of players and how much we might pay for them will be different.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
The funny thing is people say wait till the window is over. By that time what is the use complaining?

If we had won that Villa game 5-0, you think the fans would have been booing Arsène begging him to spend some of (their) money?

Gazidis, Wenger, none of them want to just be honest with the fans and say that Wenger has a ideological personal problem with the fact that clubs must now overpay for top talents, and that for this reason he would rather develop a player and make the club suffer than go out and sacrifice his morals and spend big on players.

I have no proof, but a big believe that it was the fans, sponsors and subsequent pressure at board level that resulted in the signing of Özil.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
He does this all out of ego, I love the guy but it's surely ego.

I will never forget when the club, the fans, even the players you could see were desperate for some firepower upfront, and Wenger sat there in a press conference and spoke of how we have Sanogo, and that he was like a secret weapon, a special player but oh the press only want big names.

Sanogo was a raw, injury prone kid without even Ligue 1 experience. He scored 0 goals for Arsenal last season.

Pure ego, he always has to prove everyone wrong. He sees clubs spending 50m and he says no I'm Arsène Wenger I'll do it my way and prove everyone wrong. The fans don't rate Denilson, oh I'll prove them wrong etc blah blah Im so bored by this way of thinking. For every Ramsey there are 5 Denilsons.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is what I'm talking about.

Every thread, someone is moaning. It's boring :lol:. It turns me into a moaner too, because I'm moaning at all the people who do nothing but moan.

I'm positive signings will happen. If they don't, I'll be just as disappointed. But complaining is pointless.

Floating

Established Member
Monstar-Gunn4r said:
ASAP Berg said:
The funny thing is people say wait till the window is over. By that time what is the use complaining?

What is the point in complaining on an online forum in June?

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. When has whinging on an internet forum ever had a use? It just creates a really unpleasant atmosphere.

Charisma

ASAP Berg said:

If we had won that Villa game 5-0, you think the fans would have been booing Arsène begging him to spend some of (their) money?

Gazidis, Wenger, none of them want to just be honest with the fans and say that Wenger has a ideological personal problem with the fact that clubs must now overpay for top talents, and that for this reason he would rather develop a player and make the club suffer than go out and sacrifice his morals and spend big on players.

I have no proof, but a big believe that it was the fans, sponsors and subsequent pressure at board level that resulted in the signing of Özil.

That's what I was trying put across in another thread. There's no point of waiting until the end of the window to start moaning as the season has already started and it will just make it worse for our results on the pitch. I think there's no chance we'll sign the 4/5 players we need to challenge all in this window.

onetowatch

People say wait until the end of the transfer window, judge Arsène then. That's fine except for the fact that I've been hearing that very same line for the past 6-7 transfer windows. When exactly can they be judged? It's an endless cycle. Little wonder we went 9 years without a trophy.

He / the club have left the squad below par on numerous occasions so I simply have no trust in them to do what it takes. Our slow start in this window compounded by the fact that all our rivals are getting things done is naturally bringing those dreaded feelings back.

We haven't replaced RvP in over two years. The January transfer window was an absolute embarrassment, we went in knowing our two best players - Ramsey and Walcott - were out for a large chunk / entire season yet did nothing to strengthen what was our first genuine title challenge in years. We ended up with an injured Kallstrom :lol:

I have to agree with ASAP Berg, it's an ego thing with Wenger. He wants to do it his way and has wanted to for most of our barren spell. Nothing else can explain having Almunia for so long and never really replacing Vieira and Gilberto.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Monstar-Gunn4r said:
ASAP Berg said:

What is the point in complaining on an online forum in June?

You really think that these gutter tabloids don't peruse online fan forums and social media to gauge fan anger? I've actually seen articles quoting AM in the past.

It's not the be all and end all, but it does do something.

And personally I'm not complaining. There would be outrage if Wenger outright said that he doesn't want to sign top players, but if you are intelligent and read between the lines when Wenger is talking about the economics of football it is so clear that he is against paying 'market' prices for the top talents.

FFS when Puma/Emirates announced their 30m a season deal they made it abundantly clear they wished for their sponsorship money to help bring top players, you know how many times sponsors have to do that? Only at Arsenal.

Toast

Established Member
^ So you're saying it's justified for people on here to ***** and moan all year long - to the dismay of many others on here - on the off chance a **** rag picks up your complaints and runs them?

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom