• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergi Samper

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The thing I think you's are missing in the discussion here re Barcelona youth teams is effectively they are living of the past reputation of players produced. Also for a while young players were regular features of the team but now they drop 80m on a player.

Combine the both and it's more effective to live off that reputation and sell players to support a buying strategy. If you sell five or six players for 5m that cost nothing that's a sustainable model.

I cannot say for certain if that is what happens here but Wenger is a big believer in buying hinders development and with the extra interest in their academy, as we've shown time and time again, they might be more liable to sell with the Barca seal of approval.

Yes and no, you can't really judge youth players until they hit 22 or 24 and their last batch of players include Thiago and Bellerin. Even Deulofeu has either an assist or goal every game this season. Icardi was in their youth system too.

They will continue to churn out talents because they have top coaching and development systems while having a massive captionment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The thing I think you's are missing in the discussion here re Barcelona youth teams is effectively they are living of the past reputation of players produced. Also for a while young players were regular features of the team but now they drop 80m on a player.

Combine the both and it's more effective to live off that reputation and sell players to support a buying strategy. If you sell five or six players for 5m that cost nothing that's a sustainable model.

I cannot say for certain if that is what happens here but Wenger is a big believer in buying hinders development and with the extra interest in their academy, as we've shown time and time again, they might be more liable to sell with the Barca seal of approval.

Yeah but consider this, how many players has our academy produced that have been solid mid table pros in recent years? The likes of JET and Hoyte have gone straight into the lower leagues. David Bentley was one but he flamed out spectacularly, for them to regularly produce decent top league players like Deulofeu and Nolito is incredible.

And they've already produced a future Ballon D'or winner, it's just he's lining up for us at right back. ;)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but consider this, how many players has our academy produced that have been solid mid table pros in recent years? The likes of JET and Hoyte have gone straight into the lower leagues. David Bentley was one but he flamed out spectacularly, for them to regularly produce decent top league players like Deulofeu and Nolito is incredible.

And they've already produced a future Ballon D'or winner, it's just he's lining up for us at right back. ;)
Well that's the issue with our academy. Barcelona continously churn out top players that have clubs salivating at the prospect of having a Barcelona trained player even if that player isn't really that good.

We sometimes need to take the risk of letting top prospects move on so our academy can be viewed as 'successful' and then have the likes of West Brom or whoever snap up our talent for higher prices.

If they turn out to be good enough buy them back later just as Barcelona done with Alba and Fabregas. An academy is there to produce only one or two players for the first team not actually produce the first team.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom