• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergi Samper

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If we were to get both Elneny and Samper, surely this is an indication that Wenger has all but given up on Wilshere. Not in a sense that he'd sell him, more that he'll take it as a bonus if Wilshere can overcome his injuries problems. But IF this was to happen, Elneny, Samper, Ramsey, Cazorla, Coquelin and a few others will all be competing for those two deeper positions.

While Özil obviously has number 10 role nailed down until he's no longer at Arsenal, with Cazorla probably the immediate back (or just a switch to 4-3-3 whenever Özil is not there). And there's no way Wenger is planning long term to have Wilshere as a wide-man.

Though knowing Wenger, signing two midfielders for the deeper roles in the one window or in a short space of time, is very unlikely. We'll wait and see though.
Wilshere wide right could very well be medium-term for him. It's the position where he's had some of his best performances.

Wenger will keep Wilshere of course, but he cannot afford to plan around him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We're not buying Samper...........not sure where this is coming from.

Edit:
@yousif_arsenal - King of twitter rumours is suggesting maybe a loan deal? I would imagine that would have an option to buy. Wenger likes to buy a young 'un. Lets see what happens but this one sounds less certain.

Last edited:

Sweggeh

We don't need to accept no crappy loan deal or a buy back clause. He has a 12million euro buy out clause on his contract, so if it came down to it and we really wanted him that much, we could just pay the clause.

Malky

Established Member
Kid looks like Wengers perfect midfielder. Really doubt the chances of us actually signing him though, he was touted as Busquets successor not long ago and its not hard to see why, massive talent!

Celta

Sergi Samper is an horrible player. He's a big name, but nothing more.

He hasn't been counting by Lucho this year. He dropped his level A LOT from a year than nowadays. He looked like a really decent prospect the last year (nothing more, not the new Busquets or anything like that) but this year Lucho counts more on Gumbau than him (and Gumbau, in my opinion, doesn't have a 2da División level).

He's so maddening; really really soft, plays really slowly, it's a very slow player, not really technically gifted, needs a lot of confidence (if he hasn't got the confidence, he easily lots a lot of balls and fails clear passes), he lacks of a fast construction of the ball...

Just sayin', he hasn't been selected in Spain U-19 neither U-21 in the recent days. If he continues in that level, I really doubt that he can play in any first division big league (Italy/Spain/England/Germany). Barça B nowadays is one of the worst teams in the worst group of Segunda B (Third Spanish Division, divided by 4rth groups).

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
He's so maddening; really really soft, plays really slowly, it's a very slow player, not really technically gifted, needs a lot of confidence (if he hasn't got the confidence, he easily lots a lot of balls and fails clear passes), he lacks of a fast construction of the ball...

Samper's technique is very, very impressive.

Sweggeh

Sergi Samper is an horrible player. He's a big name, but nothing more.

He hasn't been counting by Lucho this year. He dropped his level A LOT from a year than nowadays. He looked like a really decent prospect the last year (nothing more, not the new Busquets or anything like that) but this year Lucho counts more on Gumbau than him (and Gumbau, in my opinion, doesn't have a 2da División level).

Just sayin', he hasn't been selected in Spain U-19 neither U-21 in the recent days. If he continues in that level, I really doubt that he can play in any first division big league (Italy/Spain/England/Germany). Barça B nowadays is one of the worst teams in the worst group of Segunda B (Third Spanish Division, divided by 4rth groups).

Hmm, very interesting analysis. The thing about Samper is that we won't really know how good he is until he gets an extended run in the first team, whether its at Barcelona, here or another top team.

On another subject, what do you think about Nolito supposedly committing his future to Celta? Do you think he will stay or is there still a chance he leaves?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
¿Against who?

It's not the same playing in friendly matches (or near to them) that in top leagues. Samper doesn't have the nerves to play in that level.

Looks more than decent technically, in fact he looks perfect, there was also that other video I posted earlier vs Leverkusen.

Celta

Looks more than decent technically, in fact he looks perfect, there was also that other video I posted earlier vs Leverkusen.

He played 45 minutes in a match that was already 3-0. Leverkussen match, on the other side, was with 0 pressure because of Barcelona was already qualifyed.

I don't want to be some kind of hater, but the fact's are there: Lucho counts more on Gumbau than him, Spain National Team doesn't count on him, and he's part of one of the worst teams in 2daB. He has things, but if he only shows with Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Xavi and Iniesta and when winning...

Well.

Celta

Hmm, very interesting analysis. The thing about Samper is that we won't really know how good he is until he gets an extended run in the first team, whether its at Barcelona, here or another top team.

On another subject, what do you think about Nolito supposedly committing his future to Celta? Do you think he will stay or is there still a chance he leaves?

With that injury, I really don't know. That's a big upset in his planning (apparently) to go out in this transfer market. With the leave of Augusto I highly doubt that he will go outside Celta.

Furious

He played 45 minutes in a match that was already 3-0. Leverkussen match, on the other side, was with 0 pressure because of Barcelona was already qualifyed.

I don't want to be some kind of hater, but the fact's are there: Lucho counts more on Gumbau than him, Spain National Team doesn't count on him, and he's part of one of the worst teams in 2daB. He has things, but if he only shows with Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Xavi and Iniesta and when winning...

Well.

You're not a hater bro. In fact I wanted to hear your opinion about him, but saw you had already posted.

Disagree about the Leverkusen match, the Germans were not qualified so it was very impressive how he moved the ball and killed off their pressure with body feints, his passing looks also spot on.

You have to take into considerations some of the jokers we've running in midfield, and compared to them this kid looks like a God in the aspect of technique.

Celta

Fact is, that technique is not all. Imo, he hasn't got the mentality to show that technique in top level. He can play really well in trainings, friendly's, and all this stuff, but his main problem (alongside his pace) is that he's not a competitive guy.

Furious

Hmm, he sounds like a player who needs the confidence and trust of a manger who knows how to bring out the best in him...

3920398440_32356594e4.jpg

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Fact is, that technique is not all. Imo, he hasn't got the mentality to show that technique in top level. He can play really well in trainings, friendly's, and all this stuff, but his main problem (alongside his pace) is that he's not a competitive guy.

You may well be right about that, I'm sure you know a lot more about Samper than I do. Still, wouldn't you say there's a special raw talent there? Wenger will fancy his chances of doing an RVP on him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Get both Mo Elneny & Samper, dont mess around Wenger just do it! With Coq and Chambers we will be sorted for sometime. Then we still have Bielik coming through.

London Bus syndrome!

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom