• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergi Samper

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It would be rude to unleash this monster of a player against the likes of Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Cattermole and other midtable "beasts" of this league, he'd end their career, and send them back to Rugby.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Flamini and Arteta are done after this season but also Cazorla. Cazorla has been done at top level for seasons now. He deserve his rest, the little fellah!

Sign this kid up if available, but I rather wait until summer and spend big on midfield.

I would say a good replacement for Cazorla when the legs will go, but atm Cazorla is still a vital player for us tbf for my liking.

Sweggeh

Samper and Elneny in the same window would be amazing. Exactly the kind of freshening up our midfield needs. And it makes sense with Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky leaving in the summer.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
€6 mill is hardly anything in football terms, the price can't possibly be right or what?

Regardless, it's a guy we definitely should be looking to sign for that kind of price.

Last edited:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Looks like quite some player. This all seems far too good to be true. I'm getting over excited because it is clear that Wenger is bringing in a midfielder. Someone please put this rumour into context, so I can see how clear it is that this obviously will not happen. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
€6 mill is hardly anything in football terms, the price can't possibly be right or what?

Doesn't matter though, it's a guy we definitely should be looking to sign.
His release clause is just 12M euros. his contract end's in 2017

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think it would make sense to buy Elneny and take samper on loan till end of season with option to buy.
Why someone else could come in for him, we are preparing for next season early it seems. How about buy him then loan him out!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we were to get both Elneny and Samper, surely this is an indication that Wenger has all but given up on Wilshere. Not in a sense that he'd sell him, more that he'll take it as a bonus if Wilshere can overcome his injuries problems. But IF this was to happen, Elneny, Samper, Ramsey, Cazorla, Coquelin and a few others will all be competing for those two deeper positions.

While Özil obviously has number 10 role nailed down until he's no longer at Arsenal, with Cazorla probably the immediate back (or just a switch to 4-3-3 whenever Özil is not there). And there's no way Wenger is planning long term to have Wilshere as a wide-man.

Though knowing Wenger, signing two midfielders for the deeper roles in the one window or in a short space of time, is very unlikely. We'll wait and see though.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Never actually watched him.

All I know is:
He's been raved about as easily the biggest talent of his Barca generation for the past 5 years, first the next Xavi then the next Busquets.
Wenger wanted him when we got Toral/Bellerin but he wanted to stay at Barca.
He's barely had any chances at Barca and their fans are annoyed at his treatment.
Remember some rumours recently his dad was desperate for him to come to Arsenal; saw how Bellerin has progressed.
La Masia youngsters don't get as many chances nowadays, likes of Grimaldo off now, wouldn't be shocking if Samper followed.
Their fans will be pissed if we get him and, for once, probably more annoyed at their board than us
Honestly I've never even wished for him because he seemed dedicated to making it at Barca and I figured he'd get the chance. Still not hopeful but it'll be a nice surprise (if he's as good as he's raved to be).

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Exciting times if we buy two promising CM's in January.

My gut feelings tell me we'll only be getting one though.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom