• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
If you come from a small nation with a lower population, seeing someone from there make it to one of the top clubs in the best league in the world can be a source of pride for the people. The Chilean fans felt similarly when it came to Alexis, I'm sure you'd find Welsh fans who are proud to see one of their own at Real Madrid too. Hell even the English press haven't missed an opportunity to (justifiably) hype Jadon Sancho, it's just different when one of your players makes it big in a foreign league.

Seems like a complete waste of time to me. As an example, I couldn't imagine going on a Dortmund website to defend Sancho if he came in for criticism. Not my place and none of my business, even though he's a fellow Brit. Erlis overstepped the mark with his comment about arsenal having a racist fanbase as well.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

If you come from a small nation with a lower population, seeing someone from there make it to one of the top clubs in the best league in the world can be a source of pride for the people. The Chilean fans felt similarly when it came to Alexis, I'm sure you'd find Welsh fans who are proud to see one of their own at Real Madrid too. Hell even the English press haven't missed an opportunity to (justifiably) hype Jadon Sancho, it's just different when one of your players makes it big in a foreign league.

The only time our nation was proud with Granit was when he played against Serbia. Of course people are glad but it is not that he is actually representing us in sports. But, you will hear everything from Jury, that even myself am shocked.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Honestly, I can't relate to it and I don't understand it. I see the player first and last, and it wouldn't matter where I was from. For me, pride comes from who I am and what I represent. I certainly wouldn't react to criticism of the player as it it were an attack on my country. I'm suspicious of people like that tbh. These players represent Arsenal and people like him need to draw a line. It's hardly a favourite pastime of many football fans to hate on Kosovo, is it? So where does this siege mentality come from? People in this thread are judging the player, not the country. Why can't he understand that? He should chill.

Last edited:

Erlis

Why are you the only one bothered with that? This is not your forum, keep that in mind. If you really want to be on a forum where you have only English members why don't you open one.

I have seen you attacking other older members on here when they posted pro Granit and who share same ethnicity with him. The problem is with you not other members. You have that tendency to write only against better players of Arsenal, and who you are biased at.

You were even attacking that Swiss guy on Xhaka's thread only because he was from Switzerland.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are you the only one bothered with that? This is not your forum, keep that in mind. If you really want to be on a forum where you have only English members why don't you open one.

I have seen you attacking other older members on here when they posted pro Granit and who share same ethnicity with him. The problem is with you not other members. You have that tendency to write only against better players of Arsenal, and who you are biased at.

You were even attacking that Swiss guy on Xhaka's thread only because he was from Switzerland.
You're a lost cause. No problem. Don't act like I'm the only one who sees it either, because that's evidently untrue. Your admission and what AG said makes your opinion on Xhaka, Mustafi and whoever else, as worthless as ever. As you were, lad.

Erlis

Seriously, this page is not that it is the only one, I have other places where to share my opinions. What matters to me now is to only watch games. I rarely wrote in Shkodran's thread before, but now I think he gets more criticism than he deserves and normally, I don't hesitate to say what I think.

P.S. And dont forget Granit is your player, Arsenal player, not my personal player.

Last edited:

Still don't understand the beard of Aron Einar Gunnarsson. Don't like Gylfi either. But I think Andri Lucas Gudjohnsen is gonna go far in the game like his father!

Reactions: A_G

say yes

forum master baiter
The first few pages of this thread are a wonderful read.

A crueller man than me might have some fun with it.

Meanwhile in training:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's always done it and he'll always do it. He creates goals for the opposition when you least expect it. Incredible really.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You like to think if that situation happened in a real game he'd use his body strength to hold the attacker off (they probably encourage minimal contact in training) but you get feeling the same thing would happen with how calamitous he is.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Honestly, I can't relate to it and I don't understand it. I see the player first and last, and it wouldn't matter where I was from. For me, pride comes from who I am and what I represent. I certainly wouldn't react to criticism of the player as it it were an attack on my country. I'm suspicious of people like that tbh. These players represent Arsenal and people like him need to draw a line. It's hardly a favourite pastime of many football fans to hate on Kosovo, is it? So where does this siege mentality come from? People in this thread are judging the player, not the country. Why can't he understand that? He should chill.
I guess he thinks that Xhaka is being unfairly targeted, Mustafi too. I don't necessarily agree because those two get a lot of stick from the whole fan base, both match going fans and on the internet. But if you're invested in a particular player(s) you might feel they're getting a hard time due to the level of criticism.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m getting to the point where I have to watch this lad through my fingers with hands over my eyes.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This season I too have joined the "get rid of Mustafi he isnt good enough" bandwagon. However against his run of form this season, I thought he was excellent last night.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
This season I too have joined the "get rid of Mustafi he isnt good enough" bandwagon. However against his run of form this season, I though he was excellent last night.

Excellent is a stretch. Granted, he was good overall, and he always had games like this in his locker. He's not a bad player at all, just too mistake prone for this level. At a top-10 PL team with consistent defensive cover he would be one of the better players. I could have kept him here as a squad option for another year too. At CB we might need one player of starting quality without losing numbers for the time being (we don't know if/how Monreal, Koscielny and Chambers turn up next season.) However, the new policy is supposed to be that at two years left on their contract we either sell or resign players. I definitely wouldn't renew Mustafi's contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom