• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 309,436
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed7

Mustafi is really quite good. We can recoup 80-90% of what we had paid for him. Just needs to cut out those horrendous mistakes. I think Italy will suit him as the pace of the game is a lot slower and also teams are usually compact and defensive; he will have cover when he does make the mistakes.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We can recoup 80-90% of what we had paid for him.

According to an insider on the transfermarkt forum I actually do trust most of the time, that's not the case and exactly the problem.

Arsenal have apparently tried to shift him for a few seasons now, but very few clubs are seriously interested or willing to pay anything close to what we paid. Arsenal isn't prepared to make it a complete catastrophe by selling a player they signed for 35/40m for probably say 15m. Guy's a massive cash grave as it seems. Add his good wages on top of that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to an insider on the transfermarkt forum I actually do trust most of the time, that's not the case and exactly the problem.

Arsenal have apparently tried to shift him for a few seasons now, but very few clubs are seriously interested or willing to pay anything close to what we paid. Arsenal isn't prepared to make it a complete catastrophe by selling a player they signed for 35/40m for probably say 15m. Guy's a massive cash grave as it seems. Add his good wages on top of that.
With only one year remaining in his contract i don't think we'll demand more than 20M.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is really one of those things I hope changes with the new regime. Its self defeating. Not every player will be sold for profit. Recouping something and losing around 100k off the wage bill is better than retaining him.

There is a high degree of probability that by not selling at a loss he has cost us more. His mistakes can be viewed as the reason we missed out on top four and with that CL revenue plus higher ticket prices which creates additional revenue. Each mistake knocks value off. Another season is another year off his contract lowering his value further and I'd argue by an amount almost equal too if not more than what we pay him annually.

Gett rid. Take the hit. And recoup the money elsewhere by buying a better player who increases increases and gets us back at the top table. That would be my position as a money man. Not the negative from the initial hit.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Özil was 4 but Sanchez was 3, we really are a banter club for accepting that **** :lol:
Özil was 5 Alexis was 4. Özil signed in 2013 and Alexis 2014. Both contracts expired summer 2018.

We are a banter club but at least get it right.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well.. what would you do? Buy a mistake prone player straight away?

Personally I would ensure the player shows what he can do in that league and if he can cut those mistakes.

But how do we loan when Mustafi has contract until 2021? That would be 1 year left after the loan. A bit similar to Suarez loan and contract extension.

We need to extend Mustafi! :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Milan bought piatek and paqueta for 60M in jan they'll have no problems paying 20M for mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom