• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
What's your name gonna be now? If you want to stick with Larry Fishburne, Morpheus is a fairly optimistic character of his.

Will remain loyal to Furious, mate. Only shortened it and created this one because I can't enter my old account due to some glitch.

Morpheus is a good shout though, will have to watch The Matrix again sooner or later, haven't done so for a long time.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Lets just see how we get on, im still concerned about wenger tactically but we have a decent squad
Yes. Will he utilise this squad correctly according to our opponent's weaknesses, now that we have the luxury of variety in depth for the first time in sometime?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yes. Will he utilise this squad correctly according to our opponent's weaknesses, now that we have the luxury of variety in depth for the first time in sometime?
For me he has no excuses probably the 2nd-3rd best squad in the league. The big games will be key like never before, he also needs to show ruthlessness imo.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
It was 5 years ago today that we were obliterated 8-2 by Man Utd.

If Wenger had quit after that game and a new manager came in and brought 2 FA Cups, a runners up spot and completely overhauled the first team without spending astronomical amounts people would be hailing him as the Messiah.

But because Arsène Wenger did it he's incompetent.

Yeah, we would. But then again, the new manger hasn't gone 8 years without a league title.

And the new manager, if he was there for the 8 years, may very likely not have ended every season in the top 4 despite losing its best players and working with a miserable budget.

So many fans forget that we spent as much money as a bottom table club during that time. It was astonishing that Wenger managed to keep us in the top 4. Now that he strengthened the team with the improved budget I am looking forward to see what he can do with it.

In the Sky Sports interview Mustafi said that it was very important for him that Arsenal is playing every year in the CL, has a manager who has been here for a long time and has a playing style which is not typical English.

It wouldn't surprise me if Özil and Alexis are waiting to hear if Wenger stays at the club before committing themselves to a new contract.

Fans forget that even with our current budget success is not guaranteed at all. It is well possible that the next manager will struggle for a top 4 place. There is a reason why MU gave up trying to do it their way and made a pact with the devil. They needed someone to bring them back to the top and there was nobody else available with a better chance to do it.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It was 5 years ago today that we were obliterated 8-2 by Man Utd.

If Wenger had quit after that game and a new manager came in and brought 2 FA Cups, a runners up spot and completely overhauled the first team without spending astronomical amounts people would be hailing him as the Messiah.

But because Arsène Wenger did it he's incompetent.
Yes because that person would have done so without 9 seasons of complete and utter failure of their own making behind them. I'm really not trying to pile on Wenger here. He's had a good transfer window for the first time in ages and I don't even really fault him for not signing an elite striker because they are so scarce. But let's not be ridiculous here and pretend that your comparison is fair. It isn't. It's not like things were going amazingly for us up until the 8-2. We had been underachieving for years before then.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Behave George. He could have had at least 3 more league titles with some minor adjustments. He blew the league in 08 and between 09 11. The way people act like the sun shines out of his arse is embarrassing.Giving him a free pass because of the stadium is bollocks.

02/03 was the worst. Criminal stuff. We should have had a 3-peat of titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom