• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenyonhater

Ornstein knows **** all. Seems to enjoy putting a downer on all Arsenal fans' transfer hopes. He only reports when things are almost done. He's saying we'll only get one backup CB/DM at best yet Wenger was much more open-minded at the press conference.

blaze_of_glory

Ornstein only goes with the "official" word from the club as far as I know. So if a club is trying to keep the press off a story he's not going know anything about it.

Iceman10

Established Member
Vinci said:
Would be brilliant if we managed to get him, but it doesn't make sense.

He is willing to sit on our bench rather than start for Dortmund? Wouldn't it also make more sense to buy a CB who is cheaper like Manolos and then spend big on DM.

Apparently Sokratis can play DM as well as CB (and RB). I haven't seen him do so though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

blaze_of_glory said:
Ornstein only goes with the "official" word from the club as far as I know. So if a club is trying to keep the press off a story he's not going know anything about it.

Since Arsène returned after the WC, the inside leaks have essentially dried up. I can imagine AW playing some Machiavellian scheme now and feeding out misinformation everywhere.

blaze_of_glory

GDeep said:
I would suggest he wouldn't be playing today if a move was imminent.

Yeah that combined with the price and how sure the Dortmund itk's seem to be about him staying throws a lot of doubt on the story that he's close to signing with us.

BobP

Memri Fan
Messi Minutes @MessiMinutes
According to @NovaSPORFM, Arsenal have returned to @BVB with a €20m (£15.8m) bid for Sokratis. Player keen to join. pic.twitter.com/cUTcatApey

Seems as if we've gotten good signals from the player and are pushing for him.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Nova Sport also said we bid for Manolas, then Roma did and got him. Whether you believe the first bit or not is up to you.

Also Nova Sport isn't a radio station it's more like SkySports, so this seems a bit sketchy.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
yousif_arsenal said:
20M euros! never knew Wenger would pay something like that for a defender. still can't see it happening.

He already spent that much on one this window...

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
No. Just no. A worse Mustafi. He can't even play CB, let alone DM. All but the sentimental of Dortmund fans I know want him gone. Surely not the type of defender Arsenal need. He's got heart, I'll give him that, but mostly he's a brainless lumberjack with two left feet.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
This has Sven approval written all over it.

Think the Sven connection is more about the ****ing media making up ****. "Arsenal hired Dortmund's head scout as head of recruitment? Better link any Dortmund player to Arsenal now!"

The earlier links to Diallo, Soyuncu, Pavard - young BL CBs rather mobile and good on the ball - are much more in line with what Mislintat would have scouted and approved for Dortmund to bring in.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

That isn't great news, many Dortmund fans don't rate him. What's the situation here @Borussin?

He's actually been a popular player at Dortmund, now I am sure a lot of fans are a bit annoyed because he's running down his contract it looks like.

The problem we have, is that we have 2 very young defenders, Toprak (who I dont rate) and Sokratis. We've lost so many central defenders over the last 2 seasons (Hummels, Bartra, Bender, Ginter), and now maybe Sokratis. That's a lot of turn-over and disturbance to our defence, so losing him now isn't so helpful.

Can't speak for all Dortmund fans of course, but I prefer if he stayed! But if he wont sign, then they have to sell. But honestly, he's a decent defender, top class? No. There's other central defenders in the Bundesliga I would be looking at ahead of him though. But i guess maybe some teams think that he'll be available quite cheap, so would be a good option. Not sure why he has suddenly got a rep as not being good.

He does tend to pick up a few niggly injuries though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Sven mate we didn't appoint you to buy us a CB in decline ffs. Sort it out

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Sokratis is a good defender. 20m decent price. Would probably mean the shipping of Kos or Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom