• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Love how much this guy is going under the radar, hardly anyone outside of Arsenal fans mentioning him. He's up there with Lucas on importance imo. Brought so much confidence to that back line and is making Mustafi look like a footballer. I really like him.

Also it seems he was at Marvos house for his 21st birthday, made me smile.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Love how much this guy is going under the radar, hardly anyone outside of Arsenal fans mentioning him. He's up there with Lucas on importance imo. Brought so much confidence to that back line and is making Mustafi look like a footballer. I really like him.

Also it seems he was at Marvos house for his 21st birthday, made me smile.

The Greak Steel. I knew he’s a good defender but he surprised me with his pace and on the ball ability. He had some shaky moments for Dortumnd and there were some legitimate concerns he’ll struggle with high line and playing from the back.

Love how all of Emery’s signings are performing, we really did some shrewed business in the Summer.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Buy another CB at his or better level and we will he able to kick on. I wanted him before his Dortmund move and thought he'd stagnated, but he's been a revelation so far. He needs to cut out the yellow cards a bit even if most of his bookings have been necessary and "professional".

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This guy is what we've been missing in defence for years. What a warrior. He literally bullies opponents. He led that makeshift defence today with a CM and aging RB next to him. Can't wait to see him paired up with a Koulibaly.

HBL

Established Member
He's been good. Problem is that he's our best defender, when in an ideal world he'd be our 2nd best defender: the guy who plays next to the really talented one.
Going to be a tough ask but I agree with the sentiment. Relying on Mustafi as one of the first choice cb's isn't an ideal situation for any club that is looking to challenge for a top four place. I mean 3 clean sheets in 18 games is pretty shambolic and thats with arguably the one of the better midfield pairings int he league this season.

Koulibaly, Skriniar, De Light, Alderweireld (no chance) struggling to think of many more that could come in and have an impact like Van Dijk did.

I really rate Benatia but his injury record would be a concern. Romagnoli is very underrated as well.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Going to be a tough ask but I agree with the sentiment. Relying on Mustafi as one of the first choice cb's isn't an ideal situation for any club that is looking to challenge for a top four place. I mean 3 clean sheets in 18 games is pretty shambolic and thats with arguably the one of the better midfield pairings int he league this season.

Koulibaly, Skriniar, De Light, Alderweireld (no chance) struggling to think of many more that could come in and have an impact like Van Dijk did.

I really rate Benatia but his injury record would be a concern. Romagnoli is very underrated as well.

If Pepe is on the radar for January as a short term fix until the summer then I don't think many strikers will enjoy their 90 minutes against he and Sokratis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom