• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend#1

Established Member
MC Emirates said:
i think this is a bad move.Personally i think we should try and keep him at Arsenal, at least for one more season. I just have a feeling he will have a really good season next year, and will put all his problems behind him.Sell him this time next year not now.

You seem to have forgetten about Sol's woeful injury problems.

If we get Chivu to come, that would be excellent. Class defender, he is.

You sure Roma would let him go for 10m, TalentScout? And also, pounds or euros?

Mckenna

PhantomGooner said:
Hmm, on second thought, such a clearout of our experienced players may simply extend this transition period that we're going through. Lucky we have Henry to ease it a little, but god knows we'll need more than just him to mount a serious challenge for the title, or win any medals in the coming season.
Considering the complete lack of players over 30 now, Bergkamp, Campbell and probably Pires have left. Expect Thuram to definitely come in now. Although Wenger said "one or two high calibre" that usually means on top of replacements. Wenger learnt a harsh lesson last summer/autumn when he didn't replace Vieira. It came good in the end. But to lose those three (along with Cygan perhaps) we will need some serious incoming experience to counter the losses and keep the other players happy. This will lead to (in an ideal world) deals for Mexes or Andrade for the defence? Ribery for the LW, and Torres ST. But that's an ideal world. Expect a mixture of experience and youth, but this summer there'll be more than one experienced player in the intray, take my word for it.

Legend#1

Established Member
Artillero said:
This all puts the Turam rumours alot more clear.

Thuram would be a wonderful buy.

I don't see peoples problem with it.

He's vastly experienced, he's still very athletic and has great stamina, still has good pace, versitile, brilliant defender.

He maybe 34, but Sol doesn't have many years in him either and Thuram is far less injury prone.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Legend#1 said:
MC Emirates said:
i think this is a bad move.Personally i think we should try and keep him at Arsenal, at least for one more season. I just have a feeling he will have a really good season next year, and will put all his problems behind him.Sell him this time next year not now.

You seem to have forgetten about Sol's woeful injury

Also his disappearing act, if this was true I take my hat of to AW for the sale of the century, and if he did I hope he didn't offer a money back deal. :lol:

seb_afc

Established Member
anelka4eva said:
seb_afc said:
yeah for sure it works both ways, but dont say in turkey we love everyone when you dont.
mate i said it
i have never had a problem with any foreigner..
i have been working in a touristical place called Altinkum/Didim
thousands british people r coming for holiday every summer, i have a lot of friends in UK, i have greek friends aswell
i just wanted to say there is no racism in Turkey and i know no racism in England aswell :wink:

Maybe you yourself dont have a problem with the english, but england fans werent banned from going to turkey for no reason mate. think about it.

KingReyes

Established Member
When I think of this transfer I think of the Vieira sale last season.

Wenger selling Vieira was to give Cesc more games and establish himself in the first 11. This could be the same thing with Senderos getting the nod as a starter from now on..

If we do well Sol then we will need to strengthen both the defense and midfield (should have been done last season) with with at least a player whom has quality and experience. We will pay if we don't. I just hope Wenger knows what he's doing.

anelka4eva

1970*Gooner said:
anelka4eva said:
1970*Gooner said:
seb_afc said:
yeah for sure it works both ways, but dont say in turkey we love everyone when you dont.
Lets face it there is nowhere on this planet that every one likes everyone, but lets get back to the big debate has AW pulled off a friggin miracle with the sale of Sol to Turkey for 8 mil, if he has the next thing we will hear is AW walks on water, cos he will truly be the ONE if he pulled off a deal like that. :lol:
mate u have missed it i think..
the deal is like 6 M for Arsenal and 3 M is for Sol(for 2 yrs), the prices are EURO not Pounds :wink:
6 M Euro is nothing for a player like SOL :p
i hope its true!!
Well 6mil euro is better than 6 mil TYL :lol: I still think is a load of BS :lol:
yes right
but 6 M is nothing for Sol Campbell :lol:

Somehow, in recent years, the thought of Arsène buyin experienced and established players seems so.... alien to me. But if there's every been a time to go for experience, this is probably it.

Rebrov

Hi Arsenal fans,
I'm from Turkey

Turkey isn't a bad country. And Istanbul is excellent.

We wait your visit to Turkey for the match of Fenerbahçe ( and Campbell )

Sorry, my english is not enough :)

seb_afc

Established Member
Personally i dont want sol to go. I think if he can work hard over the summer and get match fit, he has ALOT to offer us.

Turkish league is underrated. But it is true that the average standard is probably a fair bit lower than the other major european leagues.

A few teams stand out (Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas), but the other teams are rather obscure. Correct me if i'm wrong on that.

Mckenna

EL_Turco_ said:
Come on guys... you know you'll regret it and wish you never sold him. :D
Teams have to evolve, to move past players. I'm sure they'll be times when we concede and think Sol might've stopped that, but then there'll be times when his replacement will stop something that Sol didn't. Maybe in the second half of a match against West Ham or something...

The point is, we have faith in the manager to replace a player like Sol, who has, to be frank, been on the wane for a season and, despite a good performance in the CL final, I'm not that sad to see him go, just as I wasn't sad to see Vieira go. The time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom