• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend#1

Established Member
JonnyRockets said:
Legend#1 said:
JonnyRockets said:
anelka4eva said:
Legend#1 said:
The racism in Turkey isn't as bad as people think it is.. Same as England imo.

Anelka, Alex haven't had any problems.

Thuram is still a great athlete, he isn't injury prone like Sol, he's experienced to the core, he won't hinder the development of Senderos and Djourou.
There is Never RACISM in Turkey..
Turks are always very friendly and warm to all foreigners and they r welcome.. we dont have any problems even with Greeks and Armenians, they r our brothers and sisters, but the problem is politics and its not our problem :)

tell that to the leeds supporters who got stabbed. or every english team that plays european football there with rocks thrown at the team buses and flares thrown at the supporters. "welcome to hell" is a message i remember quite clearly.

bury your head all you like - im never going back.

Gala fans.

The question btw was, would Sol get racially abused.. No he wouldn't.

Why you feel the need to spout irrelevant b/s in this thread about Turkish fans, when English fans sing, "I'd rather be a paki than a Turk" is moronic at best.

Keep on the subject.

how can it be "irrelevant b/s". It was a valid, honest and irrefutable response to "Turks are always very friendly and warm to all foreigners". This is wrong and my post proved that. Dont get all defensive because i said something you didnt like.

I didn't know the bloke said that, I thought you quoted me.

Fair dues mate.

anelka4eva

seb_afc said:
yeah for sure it works both ways, but dont say in turkey we love everyone when you dont.
mate i said it
i have never had a problem with any foreigner..
i have been working in a touristical place called Altinkum/Didim
thousands british people r coming for holiday every summer, i have a lot of friends in UK, i have greek friends aswell
i just wanted to say there is no racism in Turkey and i know no racism in England aswell :wink:

anelka4eva

1970*Gooner said:
seb_afc said:
yeah for sure it works both ways, but dont say in turkey we love everyone when you dont.
Lets face it there is nowhere on this planet that every one likes everyone, but lets get back to the big debate has AW pulled off a friggin miracle with the sale of Sol to Turkey for 8 mil, if he has the next thing we will hear is AW walks on water, cos he will truly be the ONE if he pulled off a deal like that. :lol:
mate u have missed it i think..
the deal is like 6 M for Arsenal and 3 M is for Sol(for 2 yrs), the prices are EURO not Pounds :wink:
6 M Euro is nothing for a player like SOL :p
i hope its true!!

anelka4eva

JonnyRockets said:
Legend#1 said:
JonnyRockets said:
anelka4eva said:
Legend#1 said:
The racism in Turkey isn't as bad as people think it is.. Same as England imo.

Anelka, Alex haven't had any problems.

Thuram is still a great athlete, he isn't injury prone like Sol, he's experienced to the core, he won't hinder the development of Senderos and Djourou.
There is Never RACISM in Turkey..
Turks are always very friendly and warm to all foreigners and they r welcome.. we dont have any problems even with Greeks and Armenians, they r our brothers and sisters, but the problem is politics and its not our problem :)

tell that to the leeds supporters who got stabbed. or every english team that plays european football there with rocks thrown at the team buses and flares thrown at the supporters. "welcome to hell" is a message i remember quite clearly.

bury your head all you like - im never going back.

Gala fans.

The question btw was, would Sol get racially abused.. No he wouldn't.

Why you feel the need to spout irrelevant b/s in this thread about Turkish fans, when English fans sing, "I'd rather be a paki than a Turk" is moronic at best.

Keep on the subject.

how can it be "irrelevant b/s". It was a valid, honest and irrefutable response to "Turks are always very friendly and warm to all foreigners". This is wrong and my post proved that. Dont get all defensive because i said something you didnt like.
lets quit about that
this is Campbell's transfer romours topic, not politics :D

MC Emirates

i think this is a bad move.Personally i think we should try and keep him at Arsenal, at least for one more season. I just have a feeling he will have a really good season next year, and will put all his problems behind him.Sell him this time next year not now.

We have a very young squad, we need to keep hold of our few experienced players. Pires, Bergkamp and Sol all in one summer is not good news.

Artillero

That is some deal. Those Turks have more money than than sense if it is true.

Good deal for Arsenal and even Sol to escape the media.

I am probably the only one that has my fingers crossed Anelka is part of the deal ( :eek:ops: ). I know he is part of the devil but I loved him when at Arsenal.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
anelka4eva said:
1970*Gooner said:
seb_afc said:
Lets face it there is nowhere on this planet that every one likes everyone, but lets get back to the big debate has AW pulled off a friggin miracle with the sale of Sol to Turkey for 8 mil, if he has the next thing we will hear is AW walks on water, cos he will truly be the ONE if he pulled off a deal like that. :lol:
mate u have missed it i think..
the deal is like 6 M for Arsenal and 3 M is for Sol(for 2 yrs), the prices are EURO not Pounds :wink:
6 M Euro is nothing for a player like SOL :p
i hope its true!!
Well 6mil euro is better than 6 mil TYL :lol: I still think is a load of BS :lol:

Hmm, on second thought, such a clearout of our experienced players may simply extend this transition period that we're going through. Lucky we have Henry to ease it a little, but god knows we'll need more than just him to mount a serious challenge for the title, or win any medals in the coming season.

A

Anonymous

ill wait till i see him at a press conference in turkey . but it is a quallity deal , chivu's going for around 10m

TheEsoogmon

I think it would be a shame to see Sol leave, especially after his performance in the final. I know he's had a bad lot this year, but he's done a good job since he came from Sp**s.
Having said that, anything over £2 million would be good following the season he's had. I think 6 million is a little OTT, even the final performance wouldn't push the price up that much.
However although I dont personally know the man, I find the idea of Sol moving / playing in Turkey a bit strange.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
PhantomGooner said:
Hmm, on second thought, such a clearout of our experienced players may simply extend this transition period that we're going through. Lucky we have Henry to ease it a little, but god knows we'll need more than just him to mount a serious challenge for the title, or win any medals in the coming season.
There is also the remote prospect of AW buying in a few experienced players.

sabret00the

Established Member
this would indeed be great business but terrible PR, will be interesting to see if wenger can pull this one off and please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom