• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton v Arsenal- Fa cup 4th round- 17:30 Sat 28th 2017

The outcome?

• Win for us

• A capitulation by us

• Or energy sapping, schedule packing replay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotAUserName

Ospina
Gabriel Holding Mustafi Gibbs
Coquelin Ox
Jeff Iwobi Perez
Welbeck

Subs
Ramsey, Özil, Giroud, Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles, Martinez
I'd play Maitland-Niles on the right and have Gabriel and Holding in the middle. Would also have Theo instead of Jeff and switch Perez and Welbeck.

WhatAFC

Hello fellow gooners. Have you ever wondered why we follow football in such a fanatical way? I have been an Arsenal supporter all my life and like many of you have experienced the highs and lows. I have found that football brings out the worst in me. I have become a born again believer in Jesus Christ and he has saved me from the life I have led. The first two commandments were to worship only God and not to make any idols so that we will lose our love for the father.

Football stadiums are nothing more than worship temples where we revere these football idols. Many of you will ridicule this message and say “stupid bible thumper all fanatical about God”. Well I would respond to you that the religion of football and footballing idols is far more fanatical and without sense. I’m not saying do not support the team and enjoy games but when I see comments like “Özil is God” etc.. I can’t help but feel that this message needs to go out to you. Jesus said he is the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the father but by me. All I would ask is that you ask the God of the bible into your lives and see what happens. The alternative to this is eternity away from the presence of the God and that is hell indeed.
469c22eca70ba673eb9c764443d1a345.jpg

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Starts for Chambo and Lucas surely?

*Touches wood*, things are looking very good on the injury front atm. Only Santi (who by all accounts should be preparing to make his return in the coming weeks) out.

Time to use the squad, S'ton are depleted injury wise, they lost Ward-Prowse last night and an intense 90 minutes vs. Liverpool will have taken a bit out of them. We should be winning this match and we have the luxury of rotation.

Our match against Watford is on Tuesday, so I'd keep Özil and Alexis on the bench, maybe bring them on if we need to win the game. I'd go with Giroud up top with a view to playing Alexis through the middle on Tuesday.

Sykes

Ospina - AMN, Mustafi, Holding, Debuchy - Ox, Coquelin, Iwobi/Ramsey - Welbeck, Perez, Walcott.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Hello fellow gooners. Have you ever wondered why we follow football in such a fanatical way? I have been an Arsenal supporter all my life and like many of you have experienced the highs and lows. I have found that football brings out the worst in me. I have become a born again believer in Jesus Christ and he has saved me from the life I have led. The first two commandments were to worship only God and not to make any idols so that we will lose our love for the father.

Football stadiums are nothing more than worship temples where we revere these football idols. Many of you will ridicule this message and say “stupid bible thumper all fanatical about God”. Well I would respond to you that the religion of football and footballing idols is far more fanatical and without sense. I’m not saying do not support the team and enjoy games but when I see comments like “Özil is God” etc.. I can’t help but feel that this message needs to go out to you. Jesus said he is the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the father but by me. All I would ask is that you ask the God of the bible into your lives and see what happens. The alternative to this is eternity away from the presence of the God and that is hell indeed.

Though we do need a miracle to win the title, we don't need a lecture on here about how primitive people created a supreme being to attribute things to they don't understand.

Btw, I do agree; Özil is not God either. He would give way more assists and would have led us to more trophies.

Polar Bear

I'm just hoping Forster and Long don't play, they are the problem for us and always have been. How many times have we played Southampton and Forster and Long have absoutley outstanding games, it happens so often, Long looks like Levandowski, Ronaldo and Sanchez all rolled into one and Forster looks like the best goalie in world football, it always seems to happen, then they go back to being standard players against whoever they next play lol . I just hope they have a cup goalkeeper and Long is rested.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
All the murmurs indicate Özil & Sanchez will be no where in sight. No matter who Southampton put out it will be a tough game for us. Difficult to see a lumped together team with barely any recognizable midfield going to St. Mary's and getting the result we want. We will have some danger men up front but the make-up of our midfield makes me queasy!

Ewarwoowar

(((WENGER SAYS HE IS PLAYING HIS FIRST TEAM))) ffs:lol::cool:

Last time I looked Özil and Sanchez are first teamers, what, Still gonna be tricky and I believe He will use Ospina, I'm keeping the faith and believing We don't take it for granted this time and proper turn up!

@Bobby the no1 gooner- btw the way I do believe in God, no joke. I have a more far Eastern slant to my belief but mostly know it through my own experience, We have distanced ourselves from each other now(by mutual consent), God has moved to the background now so as to take the training wheels off(if you like) thus I can attain His wisdom by first hand!;)

IchirotoV2

(((WENGER SAYS HE IS PLAYING HIS FIRST TEAM))) ffs:lol::cool:

Last time I looked Özil and Sanchez are first teamers, what, Still gonna be tricky and I believe He will use Ospina, I'm keeping the faith and believing We don't take it for granted this time and proper turn up!

This is what Wenger said: "We’ll put out a team with first-team experience. Maybe there will be one or two younger players, but no more. Overall, it’s the squad that will play. I have not yet completely decided who will play and who will not play. It’s a first-team squad that will be involved."

This does not mean that he's gonna play the league first XI. A lot of players have "first-team experience". Does not guarantee Alexis and Özil in the slightest.

Ewarwoowar

This is what Wenger said: "We’ll put out a team with first-team experience. Maybe there will be one or two younger players, but no more. Overall, it’s the squad that will play. I have not yet completely decided who will play and who will not play. It’s a first-team squad that will be involved."

This does not mean that he's gonna play the league first XI. A lot of players have "first-team experience". Does not guarantee Alexis and Özil in the slightest.

Pardon:eek:ops:,, Wishful thinking, selective hearing, sheer old age and dementia got me fixated on that phrase:eek:

Wistful stinking, selective hearymething, sheer old rage and me dentures gots me bits shafed on old lace :eek:

:p

Maybe a good thing a little rotation, hopefully they bring a fresh feel to a recently stale squad and can't see him leaving out Sanchez. Wenger does want him to sign a new contract doesn't He?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom