• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Thinking back I cant believe/love how much of a WUM this dude is. :lol:

He was the one that started the whole thing with Dier/Sp**s for shushing the crowd/celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans.
NINTCHDBPICT000453379832-e1543762699303.jpg

Yet this dude is straight up Swiss but was out there throwing up the Albanian eagle in the goal celebrations at the WC to wind up the Serbian support with Xhaka and Shaqiri.

_102196713_lichsteiner_celebration_bbc.jpg

Group-E-Serbia-vs-Switzerland-Kaliningrad-Russian-Federation-22-Jun-2018.jpg

Serviceable backup fullback. Perfect teammate. Elite WUM.

I love it. :lol::lol::lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I also love how Licht looks like a mild Swiss banker, but is probably the craziest player on our team and is always trying to start something.

When he isn't picking fights for Arsenal watch him have a quiet life off the pitch focusing on prudent investments, building a fine art collection, charity work, reading philosophy, and being a family man.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He was the one that started the whole thing with Dier/Sp**s for shushing the crowd/celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans.

Yet this dude is straight up Swiss but was out there throwing up the Albanian eagle in the goal celebrations at the WC to wind up the Serbian support with Xhaka and Shaqiri.

Goodness. That eagle thing, he’s as Swiss as you can be. What a guy!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Can't be having bald wastemen shushing you at home. Lichy knows a thing or two about derbies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I like how Lichtsteiner and Guendouzi were able to contribute even though they weren't on the pitch. Elite subs

People were clamouring for the leadership, and with Wenger out we finally got it in Lichtsteiner. It was well known that he hates losing or being on the end of ****. But Guen is a naughty, naughty boy himself, it turns out. He looks like a male fairy or something!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Not a fan of either but up til this season Xhaka and Mustafi were the only ones that gave refs or opposition players proper rollockings for injustices. But with this dude around and Guen as well, we've built a group of players that are going kick people up the arse and not shrug their shoulders and slouch off when things like yesterday happen.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I bet this guy has been a great influence on the dressing room, I mean he's won 7 league titles in a row for Juve mostly as a starter. Is known for being a bit of a ****house (some of my mates who support Celtic are still bitter about his antics against them a few years ago) and is very experienced. He knows what it takes to galvanise a group of players and fire up your teammates.

There's definitely something different about the squad now. I think it's something Emery must have been desperate to create. Straight away he brings in guys like Lich, Lucas and Sokratis who're all very passionate guys while Guendouzi himself certainly isn't a pushover. Now all he needs to do is get rid of a couple of the guys who don't have the stomach for the fight , not naming any names.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I like to think the Eagle thing he did was a gesture of solidarity towards his teammates with Albanian heritage who was the target of abuse by the Serbian crowd that game, find it kind of heartwarming actually.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Not a fan of either but up til this season Xhaka and Mustafi were the only ones that gave refs or opposition players proper rollockings for injustices. But with this dude around and Guen as well, we've built a group of players that are going kick people up the arse and not shrug their shoulders and slouch off when things like yesterday happen.
It also looks like they're rubbing it off on our other players as well, case in point the GIF i posted in the Bellerin thread.

Norrin Radd

Add Sokratis and Kolasinac to that group. I’m loving the new ‘take no ****’ attitude.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I bet this guy has been a great influence on the dressing room, I mean he's won 7 league titles in a row for Juve mostly as a starter. Is known for being a bit of a ****house (some of my mates who support Celtic are still bitter about his antics against them a few years ago) and is very experienced. He knows what it takes to galvanise a group of players and fire up your teammates.

There's definitely something different about the squad now. I think it's something Emery must have been desperate to create. Straight away he brings in guys like Lich, Lucas and Sokratis who're all very passionate guys while Guendouzi himself certainly isn't a pushover. Now all he needs to do is get rid of a couple of the guys who don't have the stomach for the fight , not naming any names.
100%. We've missed players like this and we have a group of players now who look ready to die for one another. When last did we truly see that? 2006?

pikey2000

100%. We've missed players like this and we have a group of players now who look ready to die for one another. When last did we truly see that? 2006?

So true, we've missed the likes of Keown, Lauren, Vieira, even players like Parlour, Winterburn, Dixon, Wrighty, they all had that edge about them, that competitive streak / pride that drives them the extra mile when the sh*t hits the fan and you need to blend some guts to go alongside the finesse.

I'll never forget the Van Nistelrooy penalty miss - a lot of people hated on Keown's reaction but for me it was priceless and the team back then was really united, they would go to war together and I'm fairly sure they often saw it as a war both mentally and physically.

The match truly was a throwback - really enjoyed it!

Wryer

I won't be surprised at all if Lich intentionally said something naughty during Sp**s' celebration. Spark a melee to draw attention away from the shock set back and get the boys fired up again.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I also love how Licht looks like a mild Swiss banker, but is probably the craziest player on our team and is always trying to start something.

When he isn't picking fights for Arsenal watch him have a quiet life off the pitch focusing on prudent investments, building a fine art collection, charity work, reading philosophy, and being a family man.
He's like Jens in that respect. Seems like such a mild mannered guy just looking at him and listening to him speak but an absolute raging nutter when the points are at stake.

Tom349

Awful player and awful signing. Might not play a lot but when he does he doesn't add anything to the team and is just in the way of one of the kids. People love comparing Emery with Klopp well if theres something Emery can take a way from Klopp that is too give the kids a chance while you're rebuilding.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Maybe time for him to go to a farm upstate where he can run and play.

I really like his ****housery, but it's hard seeing him offering more than what we're getting. Can't see any reason to trigger his second year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom