• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

Looking a terrible signing now, such a liability. Last week an assist for Brighton and another one today for Firminho. Then fails to cover Salah for the diagonal. I know defending is down to the team and as a whole we are a joke in that regard but looks like the English game is just too fast for him.

Manberg

Predator
He's chosen Arsenal as his retirement club. This signing shows the downside of signing experienced players from foreign leagues.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Lich's thinking before Arsenal

635569316481472741-retirement-transition-1-.jpg

HBL

Established Member
Worrying that he probably wasn't even our worst defender today.

Sokratis and Mustafi were all over the place.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Statdna signing.

Poundland signing.

He was cheap and experienced in that order and thus the deal was offered to come to AFC. Somewhat understandble as fullbacks don't win you the league so splashing loads out for one is reserved for oil clubs, but thinking a defender at his stage of his career coming from Italy no less was easily going to be able to cope with all the pacey players the EPL has to offer was a foolish choice.

The man looks totally out of depth regardless of the formation we play.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Well at least it's only a one year deal. Stuck with Jenkinson for another year tho so I'll be surprised if a RB is signed in the summer considering the urgent need to sort other positions.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Poundland signing.

He was cheap and experienced in that order and thus the deal was offered to come to AFC. Somewhat understandble as fullbacks don't win you the league so splashing loads out for one is reserved for oil clubs, but thinking a defender at his stage of his career coming from Italy no less was easily going to be able to cope with all the pacey players the EPL has to offer was a foolish choice.

The man looks totally out of depth regardless of the formation we play.
Fullbacks may not win you the league but they can certainly help you lose it. I remember Clichy's nightmare a few seasons back.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Worst signing in recent history. Unfortunate that Bellerin seems to be getting injured more than usual as well although I might just be imagining that because of how bad this guy is.

Think he’s just too old, he definitely was quality.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Well at least it's only a one year deal. Stuck with Jenkinson for another year tho so I'll be surprised if a RB is signed in the summer considering the urgent need to sort other positions.

We need to sell Lichsteiner and replace him with another RB like next month. ASAP. A backup RB should be top priority cause without one we are in big trouble as long as Lichsteiner gets minutes. Lichsteiner is shaping to be a Silvestre tier signing.

Even our center back situation is not as urgent as the right back situation, cause at least Mavropanos is coming back very soon.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Lichtsteiner was already finished at Juve tbf, he looked OK there because they play in another system and in the league they are playing with less pace and strenght you cannot think he would do ok in the EPL when you come as a 34 year old from the Serie A.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Gave him some time, but it is clear he cannot keep up with the league. I like his mentality, but it's not enough. It shows that all the cries for experience (Cahill) mean nothing if not paired with quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom