• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
ooJcxsE2KWM.jpg

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Don't want to get into nitpicking who's which level, who's worldclass, top, decent and whatever this means concerning who of the top 6 has the best CB pairing or whatever...but if in 2 weeks time - 1 month into the window - the club has signed Leno, Lichtsteiner, Sokratis and Torreira for 60 to 70m, this is a great window already. Decent bargains of quality players for the needed positions. Great business. It's somewhat all opportunistic, but under normal circumstances you pay double the price for Leno, Sokratis and Torreira in the current market, so that we got them on cheaper shouldn't cloud peoples' judgement. There are better players out there, yes, but not too many and those are not in Arsenal's price range anymore.

Very, very pleased as of now with Emery and the transfers.

Exactly, why are people comparing Leno to Oblak, is Oblak available for £20m?

While the exact quality of the players is open to debate (as it is with virtually every player) to get four players with the reputation of Leno, Sokratis, Torreira and Lichtsteiner for around £60m is a fantastic effort.
Weaknesses in the squad ignored for years all addressed before mid June, I fail to see how anyone can't be pleased/impressed with this.

The only other main area of weakness is the lack of any natural wide player (Mkhi is more a playmaker) ,I'd like to see at least one fast, direct winger and ideally another centre back.

*This is of course assuming they all go through (crosses fingers), we saw what can happen with that French kid.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Thoughts on Leno mate?

Better than Cech which is enough right now:lol:

A few years ago he looked the next german GK titan, even more so than ter Stegen. He has stagnated since then and seems as capeable of inhuman saves as stupid mistakes, but it's not like you have to worry every game - more like every fifth.

His allround game has become a bit more conservative through the years, but I reckon the sweeper is still in him. very much think at a new club he could be reinvigorated. Ter Stegen looked kinda like him before Barca, even with the possibility of mistakes, but has evolved at Barca.

It's not like we'd be getting Oblak, but neither Karius. He's a decent keeper better than Cech with talent to start improving again. Good business for 20m if true.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Better than Cech which is enough right now:lol:

A few years ago he looked the next german GK titan, even more so than ter Stegen. He has stagnated since then and seems as capeable of inhuman saves as stupid mistakes, but it's not like you have to work every game - more like every fifth.

His allround game has become a bit more conservative through the years, but I reckon the sweeper is still in him. very much think at a new club he could be reinvigorated. Ter Stegen looked kinda like him before Barca, even with the possibility of mistakes, but has evolved at Barca.

It's not like we'd be getting Oblak, but neither Karius. He's a decent keeper better than Cech with talent to start improving again. Good business for 20m if true.

Maybe the change of scenery will ignite a spark in him.

wayne189

What about Lascelles as a cb? Prem experience and has played well? Just a thought and would be cheaper than some names which have been Banded about

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Though I REALLY dislike Gazidis, I do have to give it to him and Raul/Sven.

Fighting the "same old Arsenal in the transfer market" thin as best he can. He did what was needed and got targets done quickly and pragmatically.

As much as I love big Weng to bits, if he was in charge we would still be trying to close a deal for Lichesteiner.

Marsal

Bosnian Gooner
It's been only few days since the transfer window is open and it seems we already signed Torreira, Leno, Sokratis and Lichsteiner.

Like, it's only 13th June and we already did everything right. It' seems kinda impossible, but yeah, it's actually hapenning.

My only wish would be now to sell Mustafi, to sell Cech or at least to bench him, and to sign another prospect at CB. Caglar Soyuncu isn't a top class but it sure seems he could become one.

What a time to be alive as an Arsenal fan.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Though I REALLY dislike Gazidis, I do have to give it to him and Raul/Sven.

Fighting the "same old Arsenal in the transfer market" thin as best he can. He did what was needed and got targets done quickly and pragmatically.

As much as I love big Weng to bits, if he was in charge we would still be trying to close a deal for Lichesteiner.

Wenger would be talking about a quiet market and things start to happen in the last two weeks of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom