• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What exactly is an alibi player?

he makes it look like he is doing great but he just passes of the responsibility to someone else, regardless if they are in a position to make the tackle or break the play

he plays to not do something wrong instead of playing to do something right.

And you are all fooled.

While I am the little boy who saw that the emperor was nude...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Need to sign a left back to take Nachos position. Unless bulk boy miraculously finds some cardio over the summer.

Always thought Nacho is a pretty good counter balance to Hector on the right.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If Jack was available four years ago clubs would be queuing up.

Shaw still only 22 & have to factor in Mourinho holding a grudge.
We should be all over Shaw if he's available at a reasonable price. Between injury, the pressure of playing for United at such a young age and really going from bad to worse in terms of manager he's been up against it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Who would we be buying James from?

Are Bayern obligated to activate clause & sell / loan or still with Madrid?

If a scenario took place where we sell Özil & bring in James would be tempted unless Özil 100% happy to stay. Never got a read on him since Wengers exit.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Who would we be buying James from?

Are Bayern obligated to activate clause & sell / loan or still with Madrid?

If a scenario took place where we sell Özil & bring in James would be tempted unless Özil 100% happy to stay. Never got a read on him since Wengers exit.
Not sure, but I think it's a no-go altogether since he's supposed to be on a two-year loan to Bayern.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So true. His signing seemed to hinge on Wenger and then bam Wenger announced he was off. Özil then got a bit of time off as well and since then everything has been WC orientated.

I doubt it had anything to do with Wenger. Remember, we made Özil the highest paid player in the league, we could have Worzel Gummidge as manager and he'd sign. Özil would've left if we never offered him a ridiculous amount with or without Wenger.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Idk about anyone else but I'm fed up with this :lol:

We also have Iwobi, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil and Welbeck who can play on the wing, it doesn't mean they're wingers!!! We need a proper winger and that's that.

I suppose it what you class as a winger I guess.

I wouldn't call either Neymar or MBappe at PSG wingers. I don't know as much about Sevilla but didn't they play a narrow front 3, Reyes never struck me as an out and out winger.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I suppose it what you class as a winger I guess.

I wouldn't call either Neymar or MBappe at PSG wingers. I don't know as much about Sevilla but didn't they play a narrow front 3, Reyes never struck me as an out and out winger.

Both Neymar and Mbappe are wingers, especially Neymar. One day Mbappe will probably move to striker, but both have bags of pace.

Özil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, James, Lacazette and Aubameyang are not wingers. Not anywhere near the Mbappe or Neymar winger stature.

I class wingers as wingers. Vitolo was the proper winger for Sevilla, they always had at least one actual winger and then a Mkhitaryan sort. I can deal with that because it balances out nicely, but not having a single winger or wide man on the pitch is ****ing stupid.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel its more we lack players that can simply beat a man be that with pace or skill.

Torreira brings a nice burst but on the defensive side. The rest of the midfield are plodders.

I want those cheap goals! Players bursting past Özil when he does that little cut back to gain a yard & looks up for the options.

No need to be elite level. Would take Adama Traore in a second... Seems to be on the move again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom