• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He had a great hit with Whenever Wherever though. (Think that joke’s wearing thin tbf).

Always liked his Spanish language stuff the best. Estoy Aqui was so catchy! :D

Whenever, Wherever came out when I was going through my midlife crisis and dating a Costa Rican girl 20 years younger than me. She was a big Shakira fan, so I heard the Spanish version (Suerte) a lot. And as the 2nd half of the Belgium-Tunisia game kicks off, I'm reminded that I watched the 2002 World Cup in San Jose, surrounded by crazy Ticos. Quite an experience.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Whenever, Wherever came out when I was going through my midlife crisis and dating a Costa Rican girl 20 years younger than me. She was a big Shakira fan, so I heard the Spanish version (Suerte) a lot. And as the 2nd half of the Belgium-Tunisia game kicks off, I'm reminded that I watched the 2002 World Cup in San Jose, surrounded by crazy Ticos. Quite an experience.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

That’s quite a story bro! Thought the 2002 WC was in Japan/Korea though ;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We’re linked with more players, and Mislintat needs to certainly spend more if he's to give Emery a chance at the title in the next few years. Whether Kroenke will let him is another matter. Here's how squad cost finished with respect to league positions last season. League pos first, squad cost position second.

13 teams finished within 2 or 3 places of their squad cost, in fact in the top half of the table every team but one . . . shown in bold.

In the bottom half of the table it didn't work so well. But there's a reason for that. there's only about £100m spread between the cost of those teams. In the top half the spread is nearer £600m. The role of money is much clearly defined.

ManC 1, 1
ManU 2, 2
Spur 3, 6
Livl 4, 4
Chel 5, 3
Arse 6, 5

Burn 7, 17
Ever 8, 7
Leic 9, 10
Newc 10, 12
Cryst 11, 8

Bour 12, 16
WHam13, 11
Watf 14, 13

Brig 15, 19
Hudd 16, 20
Sout 17, 9
Swan 18, 15
Stok 19, 15
WBro 20, 14

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They have television in Costa Rica. And bars where people watch games! :lol:

Hey, I watched the Brazil-Netherlands game in the 1994 World Cup in a Baltimore pub surrounded by crazy Brazilians!
:lol:
So lucky to have had a WC in your country. Just looked up, that game was in Dallas. Terrific match.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
:lol:
So lucky to have had a WC in your country. Just looked up, that game was in Dallas. Terrific match.

It was pretty cool, even though there wasn't that much interest among Americans in those days beyond the curiosity. But it sparked the growth in the sport that we've seen since. Hopefully I won't kick the bucket before the World Cup returns in 2026 (even though I'll be way too old to flirt with Brazilian girls in pubs). Should have had it in 2022 (and England this year) if FIFA hadn't been so corrupt. Still hoping they do the right thing and move 2022 from Qatar. England could easily be ready with relatively little notice.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was pretty cool, even though there wasn't that much interest among Americans in those days beyond the curiosity. But it sparked the growth in the sport that we've seen since. Hopefully I won't kick the bucket before the World Cup returns in 2026 (even though I'll be way too old to flirt with Brazilian girls in pubs). Should have had it in 2022 (and England this year) if FIFA hadn't been so corrupt. Still hoping they do the right thing and move 2022 from Qatar. England could easily be ready with relatively little notice.
:lol: Wenger’s 68 and dating French rappers. It all those salads and workouts.

Nobody’ll vote for England anymore. The colonial years, where we screwed over half the world and now Brexit. We’re persona non grata, worse than countries with human rights issues. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom